Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

19 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

LOL. I'm sure most of the Marxist on this CR will up vote you, but you really are the biggest race-baiter on here and that is quiet an accomplishment since that is the forefront of leftism. 

If you can't be a victim, you ain't doing it right....

Holy shit, you should try posting in English.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Before Donald Trump, no one in history had ever repeated an idea or argument.

It's not the repetition you have a problem with henry, it's the content of the statement itself. If repetition was something that bothered you, you wouldn't constantly make the same inane attacks against me (comparing me to Trump, etc).

Please draft another 3,000 word "HOW DARE YOU, SIR!" rant. I'll need something to read on the toilet later.

I don’t have a dog in this fight or any animosity to you whatsoever. But its been pretty clear you have an agenda here.

If you want to deny it, ok, but you lose credibility.  And I’m not going to accuse you of using trump tactics, because that’s way too loaded of an accusation, but you do seem to be posting tactically in some manner. Maybe its just good writing skills though.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Holy hand grabby...  What is this guys problem ?   Maybe he's just touchy feely, but his handlers have got to get a handle on this.

Are you accusing him of pedophilia? Because if so you should just come out and say it (and word to the wise, stop clicking on links regarding such). 

7 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Are you accusing him of pedophilia? Because if so you should just come out and say it (and word to the wise, stop clicking on links regarding such). 

I'm accusing him of being a creepy, weirdo who for some reason can't keep his hands off kids. Making a charge of pedophilia is pretty serious, and he's shown nothing  but creepiness at this point. 

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I don’t have a dog in this fight or any animosity to you whatsoever. But its been pretty clear you have an agenda here.

I'm not sure what you mean by an "agenda", but I support the candidates who want what I want and am critical of candidates who don't (to varying degrees).

I want our country to move away from austerity politics and crony capitalism to a more robust social democracy with increased worker involvement and control and radically shrunken income and wealth gaps. I want universal basic services for all Americans. I want universal voting rights. I want a complete overhaul of our energy and transportation modes to make them safer, healthier, and less environmentally destructive. I want justice for the poor and oppressed and imprisoned. I want leaders who will actively and vociferously fight for these things with consistency and conviction because it is in their core values and not because it's what the political winds dictate.

There's a lot more, of course.

Do you not have an agenda/agendas?

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm not sure what you mean by an "agenda", but I support the candidates who want what I want and am critical of candidates who don't (to varying degrees).

Yeah, have to go with b_t here.  He has no secret agenda - he is in favor of openly progressive candidates and not the "go along to get along" centrists like Biden.  I don't think it's any different (him criticizing Biden) than anyone here criticizing Bernie or Warren - they've received plenty of criticism from moderate Democrats or party-less Republicans of pie in the sky proposals and "how will you pay for this?" questions.

This is an open primary for a nomination against an unpopular incumbent - everyone is open to criticism for their ideas (or lackthereof) and positions.  Joe's policies kinda suck and his running out the clock strategy is dumber than anything Hillary did in 2015/2016. 

Can someone teach Onboard how to click links?

- We are increasingly isolating poor black and Hispanic children in segregated schools, both public and charter.

- Residential segregation between cities is getting worse, and the Supreme Court in the 1974 case Milliken v. Bradley said surrounding cities could not be forced into school integration plans.

- Meanwhile, segregation within cities is about the same as in the 1980s. It’s still extremely high.

- School districts are doing very little to ameliorate that segregation.

- And when neighborhoods don’t change or drastically change, school districts actually tend to make even more segregative attendance zones.

Also, the idea of "by choice" is a fucking joke, as if everyone has the exact same choice options and segregation just... happens! OOPS!

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Can someone teach Onboard how to click links?

Also, the idea of "by choice" is a fucking joke, as if everyone has the exact same choice options and segregation just... happens! OOPS!

We're segregated by economic factors for sure, just like every society, country, hamlet, and village on the planet.  Money is the factor that creates integration or segregation today more than almost any other factor.

Socially (as I stated, is by choice) is the one area where people have control over who they associate with.  People who can't afford to live in better School districts become segregated by economic factors.

31 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Please show your work here.  Socially, economically, geographically ??  Is it forced or is it by choice that people segregate themselves (especially socially) ?

When white people flee neighborhoods as minorities start buying homes there, one group is choosing to segregate, the other group, not so much. When white people flee school districts as more minority children start going to schools there, one group is, in fact, choosing to segregate.

Segregation by choice is very American.

Well done.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

We're segregated by economic factors for sure, just like every society, country, hamlet, and village on the planet.  Money is the factor that creates integration or segregation today more than almost any other factor.

Socially (as I stated, is by choice) is the one area where people have control over who they associate with.  People who can't afford to live in better School districts become segregated by economic factors.

You mean besides racism? You must mean besides racism. Because racism is THE factor.

I love how you pick and choose points to contest. Racism cuts both ways. Every race of people on the planet has racism as a part of their culture.  You can't even grasp that concept.  

Dennison rule #1: Only white people can be racist.

People move out of bad neighborhoods they have the means to do so.  People aren't going to send their kids to bad schools if they have the ability to move to other school districts or can afford to send their kids to private schools. That applies to all races of people.  You can't grasp that concept either.

For sure there is racism in America just like in every other country on the planet.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

I love how you pick and choose points to contest. Racism cuts both ways. Every race of people on the planet has racism as a part of their culture.  You can't even grasp that concept.  

Dennison rule #1: Only white people can be racist.

People move out of bad neighborhoods they have the means to do so.  People aren't going to send their kids to bad schools if they have the ability to move to other school districts or can afford to send their kids to private schools. That applies to all races of people.  You can't grasp that concept either.

For sure there is racism in America just like in every other country on the planet.

And you excuse it and apologize for it.

Why is that?

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

When white people flee neighborhoods as minorities start buying homes there, one group is choosing to segregate, the other group, not so much. When white people flee school districts as more minority children start going to schools there, one group is, in fact, choosing to segregate.

Well done.

Nothing I've said excuses anything, it's just a statement of fact.  You simply can't seem to acknowledge that white people aren't the only racist people.

Your comments above don't support racism or segregation. They simply point out that people live where they can afford to. People send their kids to schools that have high rates of graduation, and solid track records translating to getting kids into college.  People leave school districts (and neighborhoods) that don't provide safe atmospheres for their kids, and or solid academics (regardless of race) if they can afford to.   How do you not get that ?

Economics drive America, and where people live today.  People live where they can afford to live.  Economics is the concept  you're grasping for, not racism.

We live in the suburbs, but our daughter went to a city located Governors school because of academics. We could have easily sent her to a very good public HS school less than a mile from our front door, but chose the public, city (located, but not managed by the city) school because it was the best academic option.  We sent our son to a suburban public HS school that had a nationally ranked math & science sub school located on campus. He went there because it was the best academic choice available, not because we made a decision based on race.

We made those decisions based on future academic, and economic options/success for our children just as most other families do.  They don't say, oh no black people we can't go there. They look at the school, and decide if it's safe, and if it's going to provide the best path to academic success for their kids.

If we lived in most cities we wouldn't allow our kids to go to a city school because they often suck, and don't offer children the best chance for success. So, we'd either pay for private schools or move to the suburbs. Is that racist ?  our is it just trying to provide the best opportunity for our children ?

14 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Nothing I've said excuses anything, it's just a statement of fact.  You simply can't seem to acknowledge that white people aren't the only racist people.

Your comments above don't support racism or segregation. They simply point out that people live where they can afford to. People send their kids to schools that have high rates of graduation, and solid track records translating to getting kids into college.  People leave school districts (and neighborhoods) that don't provide safe atmospheres for their kids, and or solid academics (regardless of race) if they can afford to.   How do you not get that ?

Economics drive America, and where people live today.  People live where they can afford to live.  Economics is the concept  you're grasping for, not racism.

We live in the suburbs, but our daughter went to a city located Governors school because of academics. We could have easily sent her to a very good public HS school less than a mile from our front door, but chose the public, city (located, but not managed by the city) school because it was the best academic option.  We sent our son to a suburban public HS school that had a nationally ranked math & science sub school located on campus. He went there because it was the best academic choice available, not because we made a decision based on race.

We made those decisions based on future academic, and economic options/success for our children just as most other families do.  They don't say, oh no black people we can't go there. They look at the school, and decide if it's safe, and if it's going to provide the best path to academic success for their kids.

If we lived in most cities we wouldn't allow our kids to go to a city school because they often suck, and don't offer children the best chance for success. So, we'd either pay for private schools or move to the suburbs. Is that racist ?  our is it just trying to provide the best opportunity for our children ?

Why do you think those city schools often suck?

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Well done.

How often does this happen the other way though, via gentrification? Not looking to argue on this one, I'd actually be interested in some stats around it.

I realize that a lot of the minorities leaving gentrified areas are because of economic reasons, but not always. 

Onboard is doing the typical reactionary conservative thing of being so obsessed with validating and defending himself personally that he's completely incapable of seeing any kind of bigger picture.

Dennison said it very clearly and very well. When white society ran away (and still runs away) from blacks, that is segregation in action. From the cities to the suburbs to the exurbs, the idea that "racism" and "economics" are divided by a wall is hilariously stupid.

• Like 1

So you guys' contention is that the current sort of "segregation" via economics is equivocal to white folks marching in the streets with signs that say "keep (n word)s out of our schools"?

I mean, of course it is, but oh my fuck that's misguided, even for you

Edited by BradInATX

Just now, David Dennison said:

Why do you think those city schools often suck?

Lack of money, lack of parental involvement, crumbling buildings, violence, graft, bad administrations, bad teachers (good teachers don't wanna tach in bad schools). Economic reasons today, but you'll say RACISM...... RAAAAAAAAAAACISM !!!!!!!

Now, while racism is part of the equation historically, it's now only part of the circle of failure.  If you can leave an unsafe neighborhood with bad schools you do.  Again, is that racism or just people wanting a better life ?  Take your time, I know it hurts to think....

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Lack of money, lack of parental involvement, crumbling buildings, violence, graft, bad administrations, bad teachers (good teachers don't wanna tach in bad schools). Economic reasons today, but you'll say RACISM...... RAAAAAAAAAAACISM !!!!!!!

Now, while racism is part of the equation historically, it's now only part of the circle of failure.  If you can leave an unsafe neighborhood with bad schools you do.  Again, is that racism or just people wanting a better life ?  Take your time, I know it hurts to think....

That tends to happens when locally funded school districts lose a large portion of their tax base because white people are terrified to live on the same street as non-whites.

22 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That tends to happens when locally funded school districts lose a large portion of their tax base because white people are terrified to live on the same street as non-whites.

But we need more vouchers for private school....er…"school choice".... to pull more money away from local schools!!!!

16 hours ago, Turkleton said:

LOL. I'm sure most of the Marxist on this CR will up vote you, but you really are the biggest race-baiter on here and that is quiet an accomplishment since that is the forefront of leftism. 

If you can't be a victim, you ain't doing it right....

The information on voter suppression in places like Georgia and North Carolina (by conservatives of course) is explicit and out there on the googles for you to read.  That has nothing to do with race-baiting and everything to do with giving you the evidence you need to see that it's happening. 

If you think explaining to others and providing evidence of voter suppression tactis is actually "race-baiting" then you're not very smart. 

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

@henrygandorf

This amazing tweet made me think of you comparing me to Trump because I repeated a phrase.

really dude?

now i'm gonna repeat myself...

chuckie compared you (or at least your discussion style) to trump.  i thought your response was amusing and ironic and said so.

stop trying to make up shit and pass it off as truth.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I for one would like to hear more debate by Republicans about how racism isn’t real and that many blacks were happier as slaves in the Joe Biden thread. 

I mean, this didn't happen.

But you keep fucking that "anyone who isn't on my team is basically a Republican" chicken with your two or three minions. It's clearly winning a bunch of supporters to your team and advancing your agenda. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I for one would like to hear more debate by Republicans about how racism isn’t real and that many blacks were happier as slaves in the Joe Biden thread. 

Maybe you should just go listen to Dennisons fairytale hour. It's more your speed.

#metoo activist Alyssa Milano defends Creepy Joseph

screen_shot_2019-04-29_at_3.23.54_pm.png

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46538/watch-alyssa-milano-defends-joe-biden-touching-amanda-prestigiacomo

Actress and #MeToo activist Alyssa Milano took to MSNBC airwaves Monday to defend former vice president and declared Democrat presidential contender Joe Biden over claims of sexual misconduct. Rationalizing Biden's bizarre behavior — which includes stroking children's faces and shoulders and sniffing the hair of women — Milano explained that Biden simply has “cultural differences.”

Apparently this interaction was nothing more than an expression of Biden’s “culture differences.”

"For me, the thing that set this story — the Ms. Flores story — apart from all the other stories: To Joe, this is a culture difference, because culturally he was raised in a family that was super affectionate,” Milano said.

“For him, this was a realization of, well, everyone sort of grows up in a different household, then maybe my actions make other people uncomfortable, and it was an acknowledgment,” the actress continued. “So I think it was important that it came out and I think that it is important to have men support women and say, ‘I hear you, and I wanna learn and make a change.’”

Edited by NowThis

51 minutes ago, NowThis said:

#metoo activist Alyssa Milano defends Creepy Joseph

screen_shot_2019-04-29_at_3.23.54_pm.png

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46538/watch-alyssa-milano-defends-joe-biden-touching-amanda-prestigiacomo

Actress and #MeToo activist Alyssa Milano took to MSNBC airwaves Monday to defend former vice president and declared Democrat presidential contender Joe Biden over claims of sexual misconduct. Rationalizing Biden's bizarre behavior — which includes stroking children's faces and shoulders and sniffing the hair of women — Milano explained that Biden simply has “cultural differences.”

Apparently this interaction was nothing more than an expression of Biden’s “culture differences.”

"For me, the thing that set this story — the Ms. Flores story — apart from all the other stories: To Joe, this is a culture difference, because culturally he was raised in a family that was super affectionate,” Milano said.

“For him, this was a realization of, well, everyone sort of grows up in a different household, then maybe my actions make other people uncomfortable, and it was an acknowledgment,” the actress continued. “So I think it was important that it came out and I think that it is important to have men support women and say, ‘I hear you, and I wanna learn and make a change.’”

Cultural differences ?  Yeah Scranton is a completely different culture that's for damn sure. 

i'm willing to concede that his behavior shouldn't be lumped in with a lot of the #metoo nightmares (weinstein, spacey, etc) and legit sexual assault "these people should be in prison" types of cases, but can't someone fucking pull him aside and let him know how creepy it looks?

i worry that this is just the type of thing that dings him a little but not enough to keep him from winning the nomination, which is the worst possible scenario.

Outright rape and sexual assault are obviously different from what Biden is engaged in, which means he would have zero problems for him if he was a Republican.

Unfortunately for him, he's in the party where he has people who think and care about the larger social structure of patriarchy, which includes how free men feel to touch and use women's  and children's bodies in ways that, while not explicitly sexual, establish and reinforce hierarchy and power relationships. People aren't coming up to Joe and sniffing his hair and massaging his shoulders and leading him around by the waist, he is doing it to them, because he's powerful. And because he's more powerful, he gets to make the determination about his lessers' bodily autonomy.

Prima nocta for asexual kings.

Most people have completely internalized all of this patriarchy and it has become basically invisible. So when Joe tells yet another little girl that she's probably as smart as she is beautiful, that she shouldn't date until she's 30, and then lets his hands roam where they will, the majority of people shrug or even smile at how adorable and human this powerful man is. 99% of Republicans and 75% of Democrats, to pull numbers completely out of my ass.

For some, it's comforting to see such an obvious return to white male patriarchy in the face of social progress that can feel so aggressive and hard to track.

So I think henry's "enough of a ding to hurt him, but not enough to kill him" is right on.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden