Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

On 4/1/2019 at 10:19 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

Lol I remember my old Economics professor Chesney saying "I don't want any Joe Bidens in here" on every test day referring to some academic scandal that surfaced when he ran in 88. Now it would have another meaning....

On 5/31/2019 at 2:44 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t care what someone said 40-50 years ago. That’s a pretty far reach for a game of gotcha. Attack his current policy agenda, fine - but that quote is weak

Did we or did we not bring up the trump co. policy of marking tenant applications to identify and decline black applicants in the 70s?

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

unfortunately, probably.

fortunately, no.

beating trump is literally the only thing i can think of as a "pro" for biden.

Yeah, the media seems like they want to give Uncle Joe a pass to the big dance.  And he won't lose to Trump.  There's too many boxes he checks in battleground states that the other more polarizing (better) D candidates do not check (white guy).   Thems the facts. 

Also: I don't think Obama will get behind Joe in the D prelims but he will in a one on one vs Trump and that will absolutely seal the deal.  Uncle Joe by a mile. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
But Obama!

Think about how far away November seems in terms of football. Bowl selections. Playoffs. Then realize we have another lap around the sun after that to get to the presidential election. Hope Joe can not lick someone or have some cartoon episode of his life revealed in the interim.

All in. *fake fist pump*

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah, the media seems like they want to give Uncle Joe a pass to the big dance.  And he won't lose to Trump.  There's too many boxes he checks in battleground states that the other more polarizing (better) D candidates do not check (white guy).   Thems the facts. 

Also: I don't think Obama will get behind Joe in the D prelims but he will in a one on one vs Trump and that will absolutely seal the deal.  Uncle Joe by a mile. 

Yeah, Joe wins Penn, Michigan, probably Wisconsin, maybe Ohio and Arizona, and Florida is a toss  up. 

Brain genius 2015: "Hillary is going to win this in a landslide. Trump is a joke."

*Trump wins*
*Brain genius actively refuses to learn anything*

Brain genius 2019: "Biden is going to win this, easy."

Joe absolutely could win, but to act like it's a sure thing is hilariously stupid.

Unpopular opinion time, but I won’t vote for ol Joe and will sit out if he gets the D nomination.

With Joe, we will get Republican lite policy for the next 10+ yrs allowing the stacking of the courts, anti-lgbt policy, pro-corporatism, etc.

Without systematic change, we are enable Rs to destroy our republic and ol Joe thinks that is ok because he has friends across the aisle.

With ol Joe: Maybe we just won’t put as many kids in cages, have only a couple endless wars, slightly raped by corporate America, or slowly continue to gut the middle class.

Let’s be clear that ol Joe represents the same bad R policies but just a less extreme version of them.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Brain genius 2015: "Hillary is going to win this in a landslide. Trump is a joke."

*Trump wins*
*Brain genius actively refuses to learn anything*

Brain genius 2019: "Biden is going to win this, easy."

Joe absolutely could win, but to act like it's a sure thing is hilariously stupid.

Yeah, I don't know.  As much hatred as I saw for Hillary, I never said she'd win in a landslide.  And that would have been 12 straight years for D in the WH...

Trump also didn't have 4 years to show he's a complete ass.  I'll stick to my prediction...but hope I'm wrong and someone who's not a total ass gets to take on Trump.  I just don't see it if Biden is smart and avoids some debates here and there. 

1 minute ago, happyfunball said:

Unpopular opinion time, but I won’t vote for ol Joe and will sit out if he gets the D nomination.

With Joe, we will get Republican lite policy for the next 10+ yrs allowing the stacking of the courts, anti-lgbt policy, pro-corporatism, etc.

Without systematic change, we are enable Rs to destroy our republic and ol Joe thinks that is ok because he has friends across the aisle.

With ol Joe: Maybe we just won’t put as many kids in cages, have only a couple endless wars, slightly raped by corporate America, or slowly continue to gut the middle class.

Let’s be clear that ol Joe represents the same bad R policies but just a less extreme version of them.

Maybe, but 4 more years of Trump could really do a shitload more damage than whatever Joe fucks up.  And you know, 'maybe less kids in cages' is kind of worth getting off your fucking ass and voting. 

Hope you're the exception and not the rule.  We already know Bernie Bros will pout and sit out. 

• Like 4

Maybe, but 4 more years of Trump could really do a shitload more damage than whatever Joe fucks up.  And you know, 'maybe less kids in cages' is kind of worth getting off your fucking ass and voting. 
Hope you're the exception and not the rule.  We already know Bernie Bros will pout and sit out. 

I’ll vote for house and senate but not for potential president Biden

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Trump also didn't have 4 years to show he's a complete ass.

What exactly do you think America's opinion was of Donald Trump from 1980 to 2015?

I just don't see it if Biden is smart and avoids some debates here and there. 

What do you know about Joe Biden's history as a presidential candidate? Anything?

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

And you know, 'maybe less kids in cages' is kind of worth getting off your fucking ass and voting. 

Yes, it's the campaign with 1+ million volunteers signed up a year before the primaries that is lazy and unengaged. You've nailed it!

22 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What exactly do you think America's opinion was of Donald Trump from 1980 to 2015?

What do you know about Joe Biden's history as a presidential candidate? Anything?

Yes, it's the campaign with 1+ million volunteers signed up a year before the primaries that is lazy and unengaged. You've nailed it!

They’re not lazy.  They’re going to take it too personally.  Hell, is there anyone on this board who takes things more personally in the politics forum then you, head Bernie Bro?

They’ll turn out in the primary.  Get destroyed.  Then pout.  Writing on the wall, my Bernie Bro.  

10 hours ago, happyfunball said:

I appreciate your honesty and I completely understand. There will be a lot more potential voters that sit out as we continue to see Biden's horribleness exposed. 

10 hours ago, happyfunball said:

What's the number of children in cages we'd have to hit to where your concern for them would overrule your indignance?

• Like 1

Joe’s not liberal enough so I’ll sit it out and by abstinence help trump. 

Sound decision making. 

If democrats really believe that trump is such a mess that anyone would beat him, I’d think they’d be willing to put forth someone a little more “progressive” than joe Biden. 

That he seems to be the chosen tribute tells me that the dem powers that be aren’t sure and are still spooked by their wrong numbers from 2016 and want the sure thing. 

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Joe’s not liberal enough so I’ll sit it out and by abstinence help trump. 

Sound decision making. 

If democrats really believe that trump is such a mess that anyone would beat him, I’d think they’d be willing to put forth someone a little more “progressive” than joe Biden. 

That he seems to be the chosen tribute tells me that the dem powers that be aren’t sure and are still spooked by their wrong numbers from 2016 and want the sure thing. 

while i firmly believe this is true, i think the majority are still nervous about it, and fear drives folks to a familiar face like biden.

12 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Think about how far away November seems in terms of football. Bowl selections. Playoffs. Then realize we have another lap around the sun after that to get to the presidential election. Hope Joe can not lick someone or have some cartoon episode of his life revealed in the interim.

All in. *fake fist pump*

t shop GIF

What's the number of children in cages we'd have to hit to where your concern for them would overrule your indignance?

What's the number of DEAD children in cages we'd have to hit to where your concern for them would overrule your indignance?

FIFY
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I appreciate your honesty and I completely understand. There will be a lot more potential voters that sit out as we continue to see Biden's horribleness exposed. 

How do you completely understand people being outraged over ‘kids in cages’ then sitting at home?  That’s fucking BS.  It tells me those people really didn’t give a shit about those kids but wanted to score some political shit talking points.  

Biden will win the Dem nomination because old people love a stupid, rambling shithead.

But he will lose the general because no one can beat Donald at that game.

----------------------

Biden was slated to deliver a brief opening statement, loaded onto teleprompters, and then take voters’ questions. He deviated from the script, left the podium and then the stage altogether. He started with what aides had hoped would have been his headline of the day, the environmental policy.

But by the end of opening statement to his town hall, Biden had noted that his home-state of Delaware has more minorities than New Hampshire, mentioned that he wanted former New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch in his Administration, reminisced about how he enjoyed having a new car for the prom because his dad ran a dealership and recalled how Barack Obama often overstated Biden’s working-class roots. There was also loose talk about overtime regulations, NATO’s future, Mitch McConnell’s deal-making, Chinese “xenophobia” and gay rights. Eventually, the teleprompter operator just gave up trying. Biden kept trying to wrap up but kept having another thought. He said “lastly” at least three times in trying to nail his landing.

----------------------

21 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden will win the Dem nomination because old people love a stupid, rambling shithead.

But he will lose the general because no one can beat Donald at that game.

----------------------

Biden was slated to deliver a brief opening statement, loaded onto teleprompters, and then take voters’ questions. He deviated from the script, left the podium and then the stage altogether. He started with what aides had hoped would have been his headline of the day, the environmental policy.

But by the end of opening statement to his town hall, Biden had noted that his home-state of Delaware has more minorities than New Hampshire, mentioned that he wanted former New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch in his Administration, reminisced about how he enjoyed having a new car for the prom because his dad ran a dealership and recalled how Barack Obama often overstated Biden’s working-class roots. There was also loose talk about overtime regulations, NATO’s future, Mitch McConnell’s deal-making, Chinese “xenophobia” and gay rights. Eventually, the teleprompter operator just gave up trying. Biden kept trying to wrap up but kept having another thought. He said “lastly” at least three times in trying to nail his landing.

----------------------

Democrats are to politics what Republicans are to religion/reality:

They claim only to know things they do not know, and then they claim not to know things that they do know.

"Just trust us, Biden is the best we have"

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He's going to get destroyed in the debates when this comes up.

can we restructure the debates so that biden has to talk/defend himself for about 50% of the airtime?  most of the other candidates should support this.

• Haha 1

Joe Biden @ debates: "It's because of my time in the civil rights movement, the marches I was in, the speeches I gave, that I think it's GOOD for the Hyde amendment to restrict access to abortion to poor and black communities because we need more black babies. Just think of how much more entertaining music and sports will be."

Liberals online, taking a brief break from attacking Biden's closest opponent: "GOD DAMNIT BERNIE BROS YOU MUST VOTE FOR THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden