Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

There are tons of things I disagree with on Biden but anyone who claims if he’s the nominee they’re gonna “sit it out” against trump is either a liar a moron or a troll. 

If hitler was running against trump I would have to pause, think about it, and then come to my senses and be forced to pull the lever for trump. As a person with full blown narcissistic personality disorder, he’s basically an evil person who is a complete drain on society but he’s not smart enough to totally wreck it like hitler did to Germany. 

Its a complete indictment on our society that he somehow became president but he had a lot of help from the nihilistic Republican Party as well as the Russians. The midterms and the youngs give me hope for the future. 

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Awesome! Then we should all agree that Joe Biden should not be the nominee, right? 

Not necessarily. Whoever has the best chance of defeating trump should be the nominee. I frankly do not give one shit who that may be. 

On 6/5/2019 at 11:08 AM, bad_teammate said:

Joe Biden @ debates: "It's because of my time in the civil rights movement, the marches I was in, the speeches I gave, that I think it's GOOD for the Hyde amendment to restrict access to abortion to poor and black communities because we need more black babies. Just think of how much more entertaining music and sports will be."

Liberals online, taking a brief break from attacking Biden's closest opponent: "GOD DAMNIT BERNIE BROS YOU MUST VOTE FOR THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You seem conflicted.

14 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

President Biden wouldn't be separating families at the border

President Biden would've nominated some centrist like Garland instead of a right-wing hatchetman like Kavanaugh

President Biden wouldn't nominate an entire raft of anti-abortion judges all across the federal benches

Those are the extremely obvious ones, and in a general sense President Biden would be vaguely open to leftward pressure (which he would fight against constantly, of course, because he's a piece of shit).

Sadly I think you are making assumptions. I have no idea what Joe Biden will do. That’s kind of my point. Wait scratch that I have a pretty good idea he will start where he has always started. Trying to implement other potentially disastrous policies. If you think young minorities are voting for this

you are out of your fucking mind. The young minority D vote will disappear as fast as it appeared.

14 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Agreed. The only time it is appropriate, in the primary season, to say "YOU BETTER VOTE FOR JOE AGAINST TRUMP!" is when someone outright says they won't.

If you're just arguing about the various candidates and bring it up (as happens so often here directed at me), you're being a concern troll.

But of course you already knew everything in that video. So call it concern troll asshole moron whatever. We are talking about it because apparently Joe Biden is the front runner for the D nomination. How in the fuck that is happening idk. The fact bt of all people is saying you must vote for Biden over Trump is quite frankly maddening. You were posting MLK writings from a prison cell a few weeks ago. Joe Biden will only make the Ds as irrelevant as the Rs to the young minority. Don’t sit there with a straight face without a hint of sarcasm and tell anyone they should support Joe Biden over Trump. The hypocrisy is unexpected and absurd.

8 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

There are tons of things I disagree with on Biden but anyone who claims if he’s the nominee they’re gonna “sit it out” against trump is either a liar a moron or a troll. 

If hitler was running against trump I would have to pause, think about it, and then come to my senses and be forced to pull the lever for trump. As a person with full blown narcissistic personality disorder, he’s basically an evil person who is a complete drain on society but he’s not smart enough to totally wreck it like hitler did to Germany. 

Its a complete indictment on our society that he somehow became president but he had a lot of help from the nihilistic Republican Party as well as the Russians. The midterms and the youngs give me hope for the future. 

Simply offering a different perspective. The youngs will abandon the party trotting out Joe Biden as their nominee. It’s comical to assume they wouldn’t. Defending Biden at all is comparable to defending Trump. Very team R of you team D.

1 hour ago, Dropout said:

you are out of your fucking mind. The young minority D vote will disappear as fast as it appeared.

Well Hillary already stabbed the young black vote in the gut and Biden will put another in the neck. But that's not what I said and it's an evasion of my challenge, which is to (if it comes to Biden being the nominee, god forbid), you actually asking a bunch of disadvantaged people (not just inside a left-wing bubble zone) if you should vote for Biden, Trump, or a third party and see what they say to you.

"Hey, I hate Joe Biden for a lot of really good reasons. He represents basically everything wrong with 'liberal' politics in America and he will ultimately be bad for the country and party. I hate him so much I will not vote for him against Donald Trump, who is even worse and will be worse for America, especially the types of people Republicans hate (i.e., you). I want to write in 'Bababooey,  Bababooey, Howard Stern's Penis' because I want to make sure I can say 'I didn't vote for Biden' to other people who will see how principled I am and so I can look my grandchildren in the eye. Sound good?"

If I'm wrong, and the majority of them say to write in 'Loukanikos' because you shouldn't stain your eternal honor by voting for Joe, then go ahead.

But I think you know how it would actually go, which is part of why you're so pissed off.

Don’t sit there with a straight face without a hint of sarcasm and tell anyone they should support Joe Biden over Trump. The hypocrisy is unexpected and absurd.

You need to explain your arguments and address mine.

When center-rights, shitlibs, and temporarily-not-Republicans here throw "ARE YOU GOING TO VOTE FOR THE NOMINEE!?!?!" at me (which they do all the time), it's because they are defensive about their preferred/inferior primary candidate. In that moment, the conversation is not about whether or not one will vote for the eventual nominee, so bringing that up is a derail and I don't ever talk about it unless shouted at by posters with hurt feelings. There is no hypocrisy happening here, because I am responding to posters saying "I will not vote for Joe Biden against Donald Trump." Disagree with my take, that's fine, but it's not hypocritical.

Something that can help us think through a protest vote is 2016. While I don't buy the bullshit that Hillary lost because of protest voters and non-voters (the onus for her defeat is on her, not on voters), it is true that fewer protest votes and non-votes could have swung the election away from Donald Trump. 

"Well I don't know what he would" do is another evasion. We don't know what ANY candidate will do. Joe Biden is a flaming pile of dogshit, but he's very predictable (and, as his Hyde amendment flip-flop shows, he will bend to pressure, even if temporarily).

He absolutely would not have just invented the family separation policy. He wouldn't surround himself with Steven Millers, he would surround himself with Pod Save America clones. He would've continued Obama's policies with a little dash of racism spice on top (he'd say something about tacos and beans in an immigration speech).

He would not have nominated Kavanaugh. Not because he's too good to do that, but because he would be surrounded by people screaming at him not to (the same people who screamed him into saying, "fine, fine, no Hyde amendment").

And here's the kicker, back to 2016...

Hillary wouldn't have done those things either.

She was a better candidate than Trump. (And far worse than her opponent in the primary.)

Joe is a better candidate than Trump. (And far worse than his opponents in the primary.)

That's why you vote for them in the general.

But here's a question I really want you to answer: Can you please characterize the meaning and purpose of a protest vote in the face of Donald Trump's 2nd term?

13 hours ago, Message Board User said:

This is just the beginning. Biden is going to fuck up constantly over the next year. I hope people don't defend or ignore it.  

Warren, Bernie, Beto, Buttigieg, Harris...we have much better options. We can do this. 

5 hours ago, Dropout said:

You seem conflicted.

Sadly I think you are making assumptions. I have no idea what Joe Biden will do. That’s kind of my point. Wait scratch that I have a pretty good idea he will start where he has always started. Trying to implement other potentially disastrous policies. If you think young minorities are voting for this

But of course you already knew everything in that video. So call it concern troll asshole moron whatever. We are talking about it because apparently Joe Biden is the front runner for the D nomination. How in the fuck that is happening idk. The fact bt of all people is saying you must vote for Biden over Trump is quite frankly maddening. You were posting MLK writings from a prison cell a few weeks ago. Joe Biden will only make the Ds as irrelevant as the Rs to the young minority. Don’t sit there with a straight face without a hint of sarcasm and tell anyone they should support Joe Biden over Trump. The hypocrisy is unexpected and absurd.

I think that video may be doctored. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is just the beginning. Biden is going to fuck up constantly over the next year. I hope people don't defend or ignore it.  

Warren, Bernie, Beto, Buttigieg, Harris...we have much better options. We can do this. 

Please let it be Bernie

giphy.gif

I might consider mayor Pete.  Zero shot any of these other low functioning imbeciles have any shot at my vote. And that doesn’t mean I’d vote for trump.  Didn’t vote trump last election. Might this one.  Depends on who the dems nominate.  If they go with Bernie, Biden or one of those imbeciles, warren, morning going libertarian, write in or trump.  Pete May have a shot with me. I’d need to see and hear more about him. 

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

None of those is a better option than joe and joe is a low iq imbecile. Buttigieg is the outlier in that group of radicals

14 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

I might consider mayor Pete.  Zero shot any of these other low functioning imbeciles have any shot at my vote. And that doesn’t mean I’d vote for trump.  Didn’t vote trump last election. Might this one.  Depends on who the dems nominate.  If they go with Bernie, Biden or one of those imbeciles, warren, morning going libertarian, write in or trump.  Pete May have a shot with me. I’d need to see and hear more about him. 

start with the pete thread.  bunch of good videos and interviews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pepper brooks said:

You will vote Trump and you and all of us know it. Stop it.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

Biden had his own private lake without any other boaters or annoying jet skis to just calmly cruise through the primaries on placid glass without a single ripple in the water as a moderate capable of snatching up multitudes of upper class, educated, Republican suburbanites. All he had to do was not violently swing back and forth on a frenzied pendulum, not embarrassingly grope and pet women on television and make damn sure that nothing got plagiarized. He couldn't do it because he doesn't possess a single, innate political skill. He couldn't pull off pretending to be smart because he's too dumb to fit in the disguise. 

The DNC is the Mack Brown of political parties. If you continue to show up, eventually you'll be anointed, not because of talent, but because it's finally your turn. All you have to do is be patient and consistently mediocre. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Better options does not equal more votes.

At least 4 of the 5 people you listed would get smoked by Trump in a debate, and Pete doesn't have enough experience. In fact Warren has already lost the race against Trump for that ridiculous Cherokee Ancestry stunt. 

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't know how anyone with a brain could go from not voting for trump in 2016 to voting for trump in 2020.

how does that transition...work?

They don't and it doesn't. Dude is just part of that group that wants the attention of being courted. He already knows he's voting for Trump and it's boring and he doesn't get the special feeling of being a vote that people need and want, so he's created this narrative that he'd vote for "the right Democrat". He won't. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 6th Street said:

. In fact Warren has already lost the race against Trump for that ridiculous Cherokee Ancestry stunt. 

Wut?

Im not saying EW should be the candidate, but how is her Indian “stunt” any worse than the literal 100s of things trump has lied about?  There is no bigger liar/phony in US history.   Fucking John Edwards looks like honest Abe compared to shit heap trump. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Wut?

Im not saying EW should be the candidate, but how is her Indian “stunt” any worse than the literal 100s of things trump has lied about?  There is no bigger liar/phony in US history.   Fucking John Edwards looks like honest Abe compared to shit heap trump. 

Come on, you know Trump would hammer this home and Warren would stand no chance due to constant ridicule. Like Lyon Ted Cruz and Low Energy Jeb. Warren would have no comeback that could win voters over. 

Trump: “Pocahontas! No integrity! Fake Indian!”

Elizabeth Warren:  “Fake hair. Fake billionaire. Fake spray tan.  Fake election victory. Fake President. The only thing real and consistent about Donald Trump are the lies.”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden