Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Joe Biden @ debates: "It's because of my time in the civil rights movement, the marches I was in, the speeches I gave, that I think it's GOOD for the Hyde amendment to restrict access to abortion to poor and black communities because we need more black babies. Just think of how much more entertaining music and sports will be."

Liberals online, taking a brief break from attacking Biden's closest opponent: "GOD DAMNIT BERNIE BROS YOU MUST VOTE FOR THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Their establishment is going to play the “moderate” and “experienced” card very hard. What people have to be able to do is to see that for what it is:

”Yes, please vote for us. We’re completely unprincipled, we always back down from a fight, we only go as far as our corporate coffers allow us to, etc. Bernie is the exact opposite of literally all of those things, but we’ve been doing this way longer than he’s been doing his thing. Vote for us.”

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Liberals online, taking a brief break from attacking Biden's closest opponent: "GOD DAMNIT BERNIE BROS YOU MUST VOTE FOR THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

i'm starting to think it's not just liberals.  i think trump wants to run against biden, and he's going to do anything he can to make that happen, nixon style.

The bar for being just dirt fucking stupid has been set pretty low by Trump, but I think few Americans fully understand how daft and unaware Joe Biden has always been. He's a fucking idiot who is capable of speaking in complete sentences, which is apparently enough to convince Americans that you have a sliver of competency. But he's every bit as detached from curiosity or basic political instincts as Donald Trump. And that's not because Biden is an independent thinker and his own man or any of that gibberish. He actually thinks he's falling in line and keeping it safe when he says things that run completely upstream from what his audience would like to hear. "Let me tell you all who are concerned about the new middle class living from paycheck to paycheck: my dad was bitchin' rich and he totally owned a dealership. We didn't have to worry about shit." That's not Joe trying to be moderate. He's that dumb. 

When Biden announced, I posted that you could think of five of the dumbest possible things you could do or say and then sit back and watch Biden do and say everyone of them. Even then, I never knew he was this moronic and incompetent.

A basic premise within his campaign staff was probably "don't awkwardly grope women and girls and don't plagiarize anything."  Boom! Right out of the gate.

I honestly don't believe that he truly understands the fundamental differences between liberal and conservative without having colleagues and the national debate narratives, in the moment, defined for him. People confuse that with being approachable from all sides. That's not it. He's simply dumber than the livestock. 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2019 at 1:49 PM, Bama Chick said:

Biden sure loves plagiarism.

That may actually help Biden connect to younger voters.

--The Guy Who Occasionally Teaches Writing to Younger Voters, Who Are Some Mindlessly Plagiarizing Little Fucks, Yes, Even All Y'alls' Little Top-Notch Scholars, He/She Is The Worst Fucking One, The Only Reason I Give Them A Rewrite Is Because I Don't Want To Spend My Precious Spare Time Listening To You Blathering In Nasal Uptalk About How Your Slack-Jawed Keg-Get Is Honest And True When We Both Know He/She Is A Gotdam Mental Lamprey Just Like You.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Why would you try and tell a lie this obvious?

Because he's dumber than a drunken pack of inbred skinheads. 

Also, just be something. The chameleon act doesn't work anymore. You can't even remember not to paw at children and smell their hair while cameras are rolling, so don't try to start remembering the various aspects of violently draconian bullshit you regret supporting. The list is too long, peanut head. 

He hasn't aged gracefully in the category of wit. His blade has gotten duller and his faculties were never strong anyway. I can't stress enough that he's a low character, lazy, slow thinker who has been a sewer newt for way too long. Get the fuck out. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

The bar for being just dirt fucking stupid has been set pretty low by Trump, but I think few Americans fully understand how daft and unaware Joe Biden has always been. He's a fucking idiot who is capable of speaking in complete sentences, which is apparently enough to convince Americans that you have a sliver of competency. But he's every bit as detached from curiosity or basic political instincts as Donald Trump. And that's not because Biden is an independent thinker and his own man or any of that gibberish. He actually thinks he's falling in line and keeping it safe when he says things that run completely upstream from what his audience would like to hear. "Let me tell you all who are concerned about the new middle class living from paycheck to paycheck: my dad was bitchin' rich and he totally owned a dealership. We didn't have to worry about shit." That's not Joe trying to be moderate. He's that dumb. 

When Biden announced, I posted that you could think of five of the dumbest possible things you could do or say and then sit back and watch Biden do and say everyone of them. Even then, I never knew he was this moronic and incompetent.

A basic premise within his campaign staff was probably "don't awkwardly grope women and girls and don't plagiarize anything."  Boom! Right out of the gate.

I honestly don't believe that he truly understands the fundamental differences between liberal and conservative without having colleagues and the national debate narratives, in the moment, defined for him. People confuse that with being approachable from all sides. That's not it. He's simply dumber than the livestock. 

a biden presidency brought to you by the idiocy of a trump presidency is almost worth it.

in a normal field, biden would get torn apart.  but people are scared, confused, and conditioned.  the trump desensitization age is upon us.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

A Joe Biden nomination is the only thing preventing a third party run by Howard Schultz. Think about that for a while.

Also true. Centrist establishment bros unite! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If the gop has to spend money in Texas for trump to win, the price tag on 2020 may make 2016 look like nothing.

Didn't Trump spend like 1/3 what Hillary did in '16?  He should have more money this time around, a lot more.

On 6/4/2019 at 1:37 PM, Hank Kingsley said:

I'll vote for Joe, but I can understand why someone doesn't want to put a band-aid on a gutshot. 

Impeach the motherfucker now for putting kids in cages. Why wait for 2020? 

Actually it would be more accurate if you said I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to be shot twice, vs once with a bandaid on that first shot.  And I've been yelling impeachment before that annoying fucker Tom Steyer. 

10 hours ago, zork said:

Didn't Trump spend like 1/3 what Hillary did in '16?  He should have more money this time around, a lot more.

I believe you're correct that Trump spent less than Hillary. I don't think it was 1/3, and I don't know about PAC money comparisons.  My point was that if Trump has to defend Texas (or similar states), he will need to spend a ridiculous amount of  money, and not whether he has it to spend or not.

If Biden wins the nomination then you vote for Biden over Trump. If you don't, you're an asshole. (Assuming you are male and relatively comfortable financially. I'm not going to speak to/for other demographics.)

Voting is important, but the fact that it is the beginning and end of most people's civic engagement makes people overvalue the moral weight and meaning of their votes. Anyone who sits in privilege and comforts himself with a protest vote which will potentially make things worse for the disadvantaged is an asshole.

Step 1: Fight Biden like hell in the primaries and work for his opponents and every local politician to his left
Step 2: If he wins anyway, you vote for him while actively working to push him and the party left
Step 3: Repeat Step 1 and primary Biden so he doesn't get nominated for a 2nd term

A protest vote means fucking nothing. It is, when done by a male of privilege, jerking off in front of a mirror.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I believe you're correct that Trump spent less than Hillary. I don't think it was 1/3, and I don't know about PAC money comparisons.  My point was that if Trump has to defend Texas (or similar states), he will need to spend a ridiculous amount of  money, and not whether he has it to spend or not.

Hillaries campaign had a shit load of money they didn't spend.  Shattered did a pretty good job of giving an inside look at how her campaign ran. I think it's still pretty rosy depiction, even when pointing out issues, but spending money how and where was something they fought over from day one.

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Anyone who sits in privilege and comforts himself with a protest vote which will potentially make things worse for the disadvantaged is an asshole.

Idk that statement to be true. At least you used potentially. Joe Biden as president means nothing. He is a pig w lipstick. A scoundrel. A wolf in sheep’s clothing. He is Donald Trump in disguise. You know like how all the racist old white guys used to get by undetected. Say one thing to your face and do another behind your back. Or maybe say it blatantly to your face and laugh it off bc he had that one black friend that one time. He is going back to the old way of doing things. Undercover. The very definition of white male privilege. Give me a fucking break. Please defend Joe Biden some more so I can let off some more steam.

Edited by Dropout

16 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If Biden wins the nomination then you vote for Biden over Trump. If you don't, you're an asshole. (Assuming you are male and relatively comfortable financially. I'm not going to speak to/for other demographics.)

Voting is important, but the fact that it is the beginning and end of most people's civic engagement makes people overvalue the moral weight and meaning of their votes. Anyone who sits in privilege and comforts himself with a protest vote which will potentially make things worse for the disadvantaged is an asshole.

Step 1: Fight Biden like hell in the primaries and work for his opponents and every local politician to his left
Step 2: If he wins anyway, you vote for him while actively working to push him and the party left
Step 3: Repeat Step 1 and primary Biden so he doesn't get nominated for a 2nd term

A protest vote means fucking nothing. It is, when done by a male of privilege, jerking off in front of a mirror.

Step 1: correct.
Step 2: correct and, more importantly, give Democrats the Senate to ensure this excellent progressive legislation from the House actually can land on his desk
Step 3: pray like hell he isn't going to run as an 80-something year old in 2024. 

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Step 1: correct.
Step 2: correct and, more importantly, give Democrats the Senate to ensure this excellent progressive legislation from the House actually can land on his desk
Step 3: pray like hell he isn't going to run as an 80-something year old in 2024. 

yeah, step 4 has to be to hope that his vp is someone we all are comfortable with as the presumptive nominee for 2024, because there's no way he can run for president again.  he's limping through a dozen campaign events and is still 18 months from this election.  a full 4 year presidency and a campaign run 5.5 years from now when he's 82?  that's not trump embarrassing, but it's bad.

assuming his vp is a legit force, and ready to take the torch, it could be the perfect setup for a 12 year stretch.  no need to "primary" a sitting president.  hopefully he'll walk away gracefully.

if his veep is not a serious force, then a 42 year old buttigieg crushes all who oppose him in '24. 

Just now, henrygandorf said:

yeah, step 4 has to be to hope that his vp is someone we all are comfortable with as the presumptive nominee for 2024, because there's no way he can run for president again.  he's limping through a dozen campaign events and is still 18 months from this election.  a full 4 year presidency and a campaign run 5.5 years from now when he's 82?  that's not trump embarrassing, but it's bad.

assuming his vp is a legit force, and ready to take the torch, it could be the perfect setup for a 12 year stretch.  no need to "primary" a sitting president.  hopefully he'll walk away gracefully.

if his veep is not a serious force, then a 42 year old buttigieg crushes all who oppose him in '24. 

I think this is why there's legit talk of a Biden-Harris thing.  I think it would absolutely crush Trump into orange dust.  Sets up Harris to run in 2024 in place of Joe. 

Just now, Js1 said:

I think this is why there's legit talk of a Biden-Harris thing.  I think it would absolutely crush Trump into orange dust.  Sets up Harris to run in 2024 in place of Joe. 

The placeholder president shit never works.

Mack Brown our front should have told ya.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

i would rather harris be ag than vp, but agree, it would be an absolute blowout.

and at least harris is age appropriate to take over in 5 years.

I guess both political parties value virtue, dignity and leadership less than just having absurd hair these days.  If any of you want in on this gravy train with exceptional health benefits you need to start by growing a weird, 9" pallet of pate out and then fold all of it over to one side of your pasty, crusted head.  You can be creative, like Trump, and defy all geometry by angling it in five different directions or you can just lazily strap all of it to the back of your neck like Biden.  Grow a 3' beehive that stands straight up and bleach it.  Do something.  But don't stand there with entitlement, thinking you can lead this country without extravagant and complicated hair designed solely to compensate for personal insecurities.  You're hair is not intriguing and I won't be subscribing to your newsletter.        

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dropout said:

Joe Biden as president means nothing.

President Biden wouldn't be separating families at the border

President Biden would've nominated some centrist like Garland instead of a right-wing hatchetman like Kavanaugh

President Biden wouldn't nominate an entire raft of anti-abortion judges all across the federal benches

Those are the extremely obvious ones, and in a general sense President Biden would be vaguely open to leftward pressure (which he would fight against constantly, of course, because he's a piece of shit).

Please defend Joe Biden some more so I can let off some more steam.

There is no defense of Joe Biden here, just an acknowledgement of the simple reality of the situation. Joe Biden is only very slightly better than Donald Trump. He is the worst candidate out of all 400 current Democratic candidates and he's the worst by a few miles. If we are currently sprinting towards fascism, Biden only slows that to a brisk trot.

If the performative action of protest voting is something future-protest-voters draw self-worth from, then they should be working right now to beat Joe Biden. Donate, volunteer, canvas, phone/text-bank, and otherwise organize for a better candidate (Bernie is the best choice, of course, because he's the best candidate and he's the clearest threat to Biden).

If a white man actually gives a shit about how their vote will impact disadvantaged people, the solution is simple: Ask that group how they want you to vote.

Guess what, they're going to tell you to vote for Creepy, Shitty, Piece of Garbage Joe Biden. Because those shades of difference between Trump and Biden matter to them in a way they don't matter to us.

Fuck Joe Biden. He sucks. Anyone saying he's a good candidate sucks. Anyone saying he's the most "electable" sucks. He needs to lose the primary.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Fuck Joe Biden. He sucks. Anyone saying he's a good candidate sucks. Anyone saying he's the most "electable" sucks. He needs to lose the primary.

This is going to be my exact attitude throughout the primary. I will argue against him constantly and fucking pray that another Democrat wins the nomination. 

I ask, kindly, that people refrain from the "but you better vote for him over Trump" bullshit until he actually wins the nomination. I'll settle for him when it's settled. Until then, fuck Joe Biden. 

• Like 4

Agreed. The only time it is appropriate, in the primary season, to say "YOU BETTER VOTE FOR JOE AGAINST TRUMP!" is when someone outright says they won't.

If you're just arguing about the various candidates and bring it up (as happens so often here directed at me), you're being a concern troll.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Agreed. The only time it is appropriate, in the primary season, to say "YOU BETTER VOTE FOR JOE AGAINST TRUMP!" is when someone outright says they won't.

If anything, that should be a red flag for people that think Biden is the most electable.  Maybe it's an empty threat, but still something to take into consideration. 

I will frustratedly, angrily, and disgustedly go to the ballot box and vote for Joe Biden over Donald Trump. There will be millions of other people that feel the same way. That is not a recipe for success for Democrats. 

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

If anything, that should be a red flag for people that think Biden is the most electable.  Maybe it's an empty threat, but still something to take into consideration. 

I will frustratedly, angrily, and disgustedly go to the ballot box and vote for Joe Biden over Donald Trump. There will be millions of other people that feel the same way. That is not a recipe for success for Democrats. 

Me too.  I'd vote for Joe only against butterscotch yellow, steaming, fresh and fetid, glistening in the sun dogshit.  But I'd be right back in this forum haplessly tearing him apart and mocking his biggest fans.  "But Trump."

32 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Me too.  I'd vote for Joe only against butterscotch yellow, steaming, fresh and fetid, glistening in the sun dogshit.  But I'd be right back in this forum haplessly tearing him apart and mocking his biggest fans.  "But Trump."

Does he have fans on this board? I don't think I've ever seen a supporter of his on this site. Lots of us that will vote for him over Trump, but nobody actually supporting him in the primary.

33 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Does he have fans on this board? I don't think I've ever seen a supporter of his on this site. Lots of us that will vote for him over Trump, but nobody actually supporting him in the primary.

i don't think so.

i've met one or two in person, but their rationalization for it is typically in the same sentence.  like, "i like biden, but only because...."

it's as if they realize that biden is such a bad idea, they're not even comfortable putting punctuation in between his name and their explanation.

16 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't think so.

i've met one or two in person, but their rationalization for it is typically in the same sentence.  like, "i like biden, but only because...."

it's as if they realize that biden is such a bad idea, they're not even comfortable putting punctuation in between his name and their explanation.

I don't know any IRL either. It's got to be the olds.

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I don't know any IRL either. It's got to be the olds.

LOL it's a bad combo of the olds + the uninterested/not tuned in. "Oh who are all the people running? There's 25 of them!?!?! Oh did you say Biden? Yeah that guy was Obama's VP for 8 years.  He's cool, I guess I support him." 

• Like 1

biden is the beneficiary of 2019 politics in america.  trump has turned so many people off in general, that they'll latch onto any familiar face just because he's not trump.

i'm not counting on the majority of america to be proactive and do their homework.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

biden is the beneficiary of 2019 politics in america.  trump has turned so many people off in general, that they'll latch onto any familiar face just because he's not trump.

i'm not counting on the majority of america to be proactive and do their homework.

Is that true?

I think 2018 was proof he has turned a lot of apolitical people political.  They showed up because of Trump. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Is that true?

I think 2018 was proof he has turned a lot of apolitical people political.  They showed up because of Trump. 

maybe it just feels true.

i've always thought that people who vote in midterms are already proactive about things. 

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

maybe it just feels true.

i've always thought that people who vote in midterms are already proactive about things. 

The youth vote exploded.  First and second time voters turned out, bigly.  

31 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Which of the non-Biden candidates has the best chance of winning Rust Belt whites? 

In 2016 there was a Democratic candidate who wasn't Hillary Clinton and he won Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, and West Virginia.

Maybe that guy?

Hmm... can't remember his name.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden