Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Jesus Christ

For those of you who aren't insanely old, Ernest "Fritz" Hollings was a pro-segregation governor then US Senator from South Carolina.

When he did poorly in the Iowa straw poll running for president in 1983, Hollings blamed "wetbacks in from California" and constantly used anti-black slurs of various kinds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Man, I really like what I’ve seen from Katie Porter. I wonder if she’d be good VPOTUS or cabinet material (not for Biden specifically; just in general).

If Kamala is on the ticket, she would make a great Senator of California. 

38 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"Don't worry, if you vote for me your Thanksgiving dinners will be less awkward because your racist uncle will stop being racist."

This is infinitely more preposterous than the idea that we can get to net zero co2 emissions in ten years.

On 6/8/2019 at 10:58 PM, longhornmatt said:

If we’re just talking about the horse race and getting elected, people need to start accepting that there’s a difference between being objectively better than Trump and being able to beat Trump in an election.   Hillary was objectively more intelligent, capable, professional, articulate, and so on than Trump, and she lost.  Sadly, you should probably think of Presidential elections as being akin to high school class president elections or American Idol votes at this point.

In all seriousness, Biden being dumb might actually be a positive in 2020 whereas it was disqualifying in 1988.  Biden being old and doddering might be a positive when geriatrics make up tons of the votes nowadays.  He’s relatable to a large segment of voters, for better or worse.

Warren is clearly smarter than Biden.  I think that works against her more than it helps her with many voters.  She will never get the benefit of the doubt about anything and always be knocked down a few pegs for any negative while other more charismatic politicians get away with murder.

Warren's weakness is womanhood, hence America will never vote for her. 

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

1320ac19591c25a3ac8ae69c5ce7aca6.jpg09779acd2e4348281f1b1b06f40f1537.jpg

You've outlined why he's a good bet against Trump.  The electorate as a whole is stupid.  They can't figure out all that shit you said...until that last line.  

Nice stupid old white guy > crass stupid old white guy

4 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

A considerably greater number of Americans voted for a woman than for a man the last time around.

One of Mrs.Warrens issue is she sounds like the elementary school librarian.  She doesn't sound like she could be tough.  Perception is reality to many people. That's in both parties.  Hillary was tough, and it showed.  It was her strongest feature as a potential candidate. 

I like many of her stances on issues, she has some great ideas about tweaking our process, but that's not gonna get her more % points in our quadrennial popularity contest.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

32 minutes ago, RPM said:

Have you listened to any of her Congressional committee questioning? Wall Street fears her more than Godzilla.

I'm talking about voters, and their perception of her thru visuals and voice.  They don't read position papers or listen too intently to policy positions.  

I'm sure Wall Street fears her because she wants to tear Wall Street a new one. You're a TV movie guy, you know what visual perception is all about.

Biden is a fucking moron. Trump didn't change the Republican party.  He's just the perfect expression of what it has become over the decades before he was elected.  The only thing that will end when he leaves is his total lack of decorum and erratic behavior.  Everything else is just what the GOP is today.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

And here was how he responded to the first.

dude, whatever.  my grandfather acts exactly like this and people think he's folksy.

of course he's also 145 years old, so maybe that explains it.

and people wonder why joe's done 12 events total (no they don't).

20 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is Joe's bat signal to #AnyoneButTrump voters in hopes of getting the nomination.  He's willing to lie to get your vote. He doesn't actually believe this bullshit. 

Buyer beware. Biden is a complete phony. 

Not in response to your post, but since it’s from your boy,

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

giphy.gif

So here's the thing--there's no "with Trump gone."  At least not until he's dead.  And that'll take a few years and a few more cheeseburgers.  

But until then, it's not like he's going to adhere to past rules of decorum that have inhibited other former presidents.  It's not like he's going to put down the Twitter machine.  It's not like Republican voters will stop believing everything he says (no matter how stupid, racist, or immoral).  And it's not like Republican officeholders will stop being afraid of the Trumpkin masses that control their party.

So how's it going to be different with Trump "gone"?  How are Republicans going to act any differently?

And, in fact, aren't they going to act worse?  As it is now, they have to look like they're trying to accomplish something.  But with a Democrat in the White House, they can just focus on destruction.

And if Joe Biden doesn't understand that, then he has no business being anywhere near Washington, much less the White House.

• Like 2

Okay, Joe, she'll introduce you and then you greet her with a light, professional embrace or even just a gentle handshake.  Don't make it weird.  Focus.  A warm but professional embrace.  Okay?  Oh for fuck's sake, Joe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Okay, Joe, she'll introduce you and then you greet her with a light, professional embrace or even just a gentle handshake.  Don't make it weird.  Focus.  A warm but professional embrace.  Okay?  Oh for fuck's sake, Joe!

He locked on to her like he was going to take her home with him

ezgif-4-aea9845260fb.gif

Edited by retread

Unpopular opinion time, but I won’t vote for ol Joe and will sit out if he gets the D nomination.

With Joe, we will get Republican lite policy for the next 10+ yrs allowing the stacking of the courts, anti-lgbt policy, pro-corporatism, etc.

Without systematic change, we are enable Rs to destroy our republic and ol Joe thinks that is ok because he has friends across the aisle.

With ol Joe: Maybe we just won’t put as many kids in cages, have only a couple endless wars, slightly raped by corporate America, or slowly continue to gut the middle class.

Let’s be clear that ol Joe represents the same bad R policies but just a less extreme version of them.

This is a ridiculous viewpoint. Not voting for. Idea could put Trump in again. And he’s not stacking the court with conservatives and other stupid shit. Ridiculous.

33 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is a ridiculous viewpoint. Not voting for. Idea could put Trump in again. And he’s not stacking the court with conservatives and other stupid shit. Ridiculous.

I agree wholeheartedly.   if you're a dem, support the dem.  his policies will be better than trump's.  you can call him trump lite all you want, but 4 years of trump lite is better than trump xxx.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden