Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The only good part is you don't (yet) have Congressional Democrats coming out to "clarify" what Joe meant.  Fuck THAT noise.  

Oh wait, nvm.  Fuck off Nancy.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/addybaird/nancy-pelosi-defends-joe-bidens-segregationists-authentic

“Authenticity is the most important characteristic that candidates have to convey,” Pelosi said in response to a question from a reporter about the remarks and the calls from several other 2020 candidates for an apology. “Joe Biden is authentic… He considers certain things a resource, that he has worked across the aisle. That's what he was saying. That's not what this election is about.”

We're so going to lose. 

• Like 2

There are obviously a lot of differences, but the similarities b/w Biden and Trump are interesting. Both stubborn, old men living in the past. Both will argue wilh a brick wall and never admit a mistake. Do swing voters get motivated by that kind of a D nominee?

1 minute ago, retread said:

There are obviously a lot of differences, but the similarities b/w Biden and Trump are interesting. Both stubborn, old men living in the past. Both will argue wilh a brick wall and never admit a mistake. Do swing voters get motivated by that kind of a D nominee?

there's a big part of the country that is turned off by politics, sick of trump, and thinks biden is nice and harmless and safe, and that's all they need to pull the lever.

these people are not engaged, and neither is joe, so it works out.

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

It's funny how this thread title keeps going back and forth between accurate and inaccurate. 

On the surface, things are fine for Joe. Apparently raised ~$20 million, leading in the polls.

Underneath, it's not going well. 

Biden sends too many mixed signals. He goes hard to the paint on Trump in his rhetoric but waffles around the impeachment question.  He hasn’t made himself very accessible in the media or on the campaign trail but his allies claim he’s just being authentic when he fucks up.  

Why doesn’t Biden want to show us more of his “authenticity”?  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

It just rings so hollow.

"I worked with segregationists 30 years ago!" means nothing when he couldn't even work with Senate Republicans from 2014 to 2019. 

He worked with segregationists so well cause Joe's got some racism in him. Channeling Dennison here 

Just now, texastough said:

No he didn't

(as long as we're channeling DD . . .)

Right. His opposition to bussing  was strictly because it wasted gas.  

Oh and he said HE DID work with those democrats (the media has been calling them republicans).

Run along now.

11 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Right. His opposition to bussing  was strictly because it wasted gas.  

Oh and he said HE DID work with those democrats (the media has been calling them republicans).

Run along now.

I wonder what political party they would belong to in 2019.

I guess we'll never know.

So let me get this straight .... In April, Hunter Biden's relationship with his late brother's widow ended.  Then, in May, he married another woman.  And now, two weeks later, a third woman is suing him to establish the paternity of her 22-month old child in Arkansas?

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/20/hunter-biden-accused-of-fathering-child-with-arkansas-woman/

What a shit show!

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I wonder what political party they would belong to in 2019.

I guess we'll never know.

That wasn''t the point, but as usual you have a goal post moving van at the ready. The media this week has been calling them republicans. Can't do to be honest.  That is not good for the optics or esprit de corps.

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So let me get this straight .... In April, Hunter Biden's relationship with his late brother's widow ended.  Then, in May, he married another woman.  And now, two weeks later, a third woman is suing him to establish the paternity of her 22-month old child in Arkansas?

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/20/hunter-biden-accused-of-fathering-child-with-arkansas-woman/

What a shit show!

This falls under the “don’t give a shit” for me. 

It's gonna take a lot more than this most recent comment to get Blacks to stop being on the side of BIden. 

Are there better candidates?  Yes. 

Will this get Blacks on their side, even if candidates (especially Booker and Harris) have a point about Biden.  Nah, fam. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That wasn''t the point, but as usual you have a goal post moving van at the ready. The media this week has been calling them republicans. Can't do to be honest.  That is not good for the optics or esprit de corps.

Who has called them Republicans?

28 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

What a shit show!

Guess we know what he's been hunting 

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It's gonna take a lot more than this most recent comment to get Blacks to stop being on the side of BIden. 

Are there better candidates?  Yes. 

Will this get Blacks on their side, even if candidates (especially Booker and Harris) have a point about Biden.  Nah, fam. 

Why?  Honest question.  What do blacks see in Biden?

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yep, which is why #BernieBeatsTrump is Bernie's new bumper sticker and will be a huge part of his messaging.

Changing his tune on reparations would go a long way toward getting some of the black vote away from Biden.

If Biden can hold on to the black vote, he'll be the nominee. He just opened the door for other candidates by putting his foot in his mouth.

To get the black vote someone else has to emerge as the better candidate to take on Trump and it can’t be close.  

That’s why Biden’s whole campaign is based around being most likely to win against Trump.  It’s also why other democrats are so quick to sandbag him.   There’s not much substance past the perceived electability advantage.

34 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Obama.

I think this is partially right as well, but the "who can fa sho beat trump" is definitely #1.

Something I'm seeing, though, is more Blacks with college degrees swinging towards Warren. 

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I think this is partially right as well, but the "who can fa sho beat trump" is definitely #1.

Something I'm seeing, though, is more Blacks with college degrees swinging towards Warren. 

There was an article from South Carolina that basically said Biden's support with African Americans runs wide, but not very deep.  It's not a permanent support at all. 

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There was an article from South Carolina that basically said Biden's support with African Americans runs wide, but not very deep.  It's not a permanent support at all. 

nope, it's not.  but the most recent comment isn't enough to get a big number to move. (not yet)

i think the endorsements of clyburn and lewis will be telling.  i'm not sure autie maxine has as much pull at lewis and clyburn. 

if Blacks really feel biden isn't the answer, trust it will be mostly this from Black voters: giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Somebody in the WaPo said that Biden is "a gaffe machine."  It's absolutely true.

If the Dems are smart, somebody else will be their candidate.

meh, anything is better than what we got.  the gaffes will be reduced tenfold, starting with the record number of people at his inauguration.   the trumpster threw out the playbook when it comes to gaffes.

I am fucking howling over here.

X74AM6T.png

I will not allow myself to believe we're actually going to get Warren or Sanders as president. I can't set myself up for the pain of both of them losing this nomination process.

But holy shit, this is hilarious.

-------

Ah, the people of old Mississippi
Should all hang their heads in shame.
I can't understand how their minds work
What's the matter don't they watch Les Crane?
But if you ask me to bus my children
I hope the cops take down your name!

So love me, love me, love me, I'm a liberal

"Love Me, I'm a Liberal" - Phil Ochs (1966)

Edited by bad_teammate

Super cool. I hate Joe. 

https://www.mediaite.com/print/joe-biden-once-referred-to-jessie-jackson-as-that-boy-in-unearthed-report/

Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.), while praising Democratic presidential candidate Jesse L. Jackson, used the word “boy” to refer to him and Sen. Gary Hart (D-Colo.) during an informal news conference here late Friday night.

Jackson “is one of the brightest guys around,” Biden said in remarks made after a speech. “That boy ain’t no dummy, just like Gary Hart, that boy ain’t no dummy either.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, qwertyu1234 said:

The more i learn about the guy, the more i dislike him. 

There has been virtually no goods news about him since deciding to run, so its surprising that his poll numbers remain solid. 

I'm a little upset we wont get to see a continuation of Booker vs. Biden next week.  They're on different nights. :( 

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden