Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Orfalea is saying he never actually worked for the campaign, they said they were going to hire him and then rescinded the offer. Splitting hairs.

Also, it sounds like the person on the phone says Joe has dementia and Orfalea (facetiously) pushes back a little.

Being a huge asshole and he shouldn't have done that at all. A better use of his time would be positively phonebanking for a candidate he likes (ostensibly Bernie).

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

oh.  not sure if i'd call that "going after bernie's wife on twitter" but still some fairly ugly business.

Standard practice is that you just keep their names out of your mouth completely to avoid any misunderstanding, but this is a very direct and purposeful attack. She had nothing to do with the situation, offered no commentary on the situation, Joe Biden's digital director just decided to try and invent a connection that didn't exist.

If Joe wants that kind of nasty, personal war then... fuck it let's go.

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Standard practice is that you just keep their names out of your mouth completely to avoid any misunderstanding, but this is a very direct and purposeful attack. She had nothing to do with the situation, offered no commentary on the situation, Joe Biden's digital director just decided to try and invent a connection that didn't exist.

If Joe wants that kind of nasty, personal war then... fuck it let's go.

yeah, there's definitely a line.  but he makes mention of how he [matt] still has a place in some of their hearts [bernie campaign people], then shows an old screenshot of jane commending a pretty standard, non-controversial message.  he didn't @ her or anything**, and definitely didn't "go after" her.

agreed that there's no reason to even screenshot her, but this seems rather benign.  i understand everyone is on outrage patrol.

after an actual nazi unfurls an actual nazi flag at a bernie rally, this type of thing seems kinda dumb.

**i'm not on twitter, so i'm not sure if this registers as a mention or whatever.  i could be off on that part.

Edited by henrygandorf
clarity

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Is he qualified to discuss what's in her heart? What does that even mean?

that bernie supporters liked him?  i have no idea, that's just what he said.  he was obviously trying to establish that he had a relationship with the campaign and wasn't some rando.  i don't know his qualifications.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Also, it seems really weird to dismiss one attack against Bernie because a much worse one happened.

are we really calling this an "attack"?  guess i just got my hopes up for some nasty drama.  it's been a slow day.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

A Biden campaign official is trying to tie his opponent's wife to something a supporter did.

What do you think Flaherty's intention was? Positive? Neutral?

i think it was a really lame attempt to do something negative.  he obviously thought matt was also doing something negative.

without watching the video re: biden's dementia, i have no idea which was worse, but both seem really stupid.  guess that's just where we are right now.

Yeah I'm gonna need some "clarification" on this because there is not a snowball's chance in hell I am voting for this guy if his position is that he will veto M4A if it gets through Congress.

I don't even need him to champion it. Just say you wouldn't fucking veto it.

Jesus Christ

• Like 2

On 3/8/2020 at 6:49 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

No one’s shit smells worse than Trump’s.  Hell, he’s in the habitat now of , literally, shitting his fat orange pants in public.

Keep sucking you little orange maga fuhrer  cock.

You've smelled Donald Trump's shit? Weird man

8 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

What fantasy world do y’all live in where you think MC4A is getting passed by the house and senate it n the next 4 years.  I’m sure if it did Trump would certainly sign it into law tho.....  so vote for Trump!  JFC 

This is an excellent preview of the next 4 years of Joe Biden's lying failure of a campaign then administration and how the center will do nothing ever but punch left when anyone complains about the endless failures of this vain, thin-skinned, lying, soup-brained, war hawk idiot of a man.

The centrist establishment can't even pretend to give a shit.

Here's more context and... it's worse.

Good luck, Joe!

"the fact of the matter is that everyone would be covered"

From Joe's website:

As president, Biden will stop this reversal of the progress made by Obamacare. And he won’t stop there. He’ll also build on the Affordable Care Act with a plan to insure more than an estimated 97% of Americans. 

Good luck, Joe!

Edited by bad_teammate

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m not sure you Bernie bro’s should be spiking the football before today’s results 

Are you reading this thinking I'm saying that Bernie's going to win the primary because of this? If so... lol

No, I wish Joe the best of luck in winning in November with this message.

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

Not voting for Joe to elect Trump to PWN the centrists!   Are you people fucking stupider than the Trumpkins?   Get a fucking grip 

Good luck with this #Unity strategy, Ted. :)

The reality I am facing is that even if I work my ass off for my #1 issue (M4A, 100% guaranteed coverage for 100% of Americans) and help get it through Congress against the odds, the Democratic candidate is saying he will veto it.

All I'm asking for here is that he have the basic decency to at least tell those who disagrees with that he's willing to work with us (we'll change the name, we'll call it Bidencare and he'll be remembered forever fondly). But nope, it's "fuck you". Which is fine. It's Joe's right to tell me and the millions of other people who want healthcare to be a right of all Americans to go fuck ourselves, and it's our right to not vote for him.

He's got about 8 months to fix it if he wants our votes, and it's not even that hard.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Just now, Ted Lange said:

You said “our” vote.  I realize a Texas vote probably doesn’t matter, but any butthurt Bernie fan in a swing state that sits out or vote for Trump, is a every bit as stupid as the run of the mill Trumpkin.  

So your argument is that anyone who says they won't vote for Joe because he has said he will veto their #1 priority issue is a "butthurt Bernie fan"?

27 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So your argument is that anyone who says they won't vote for Joe because he has said he will veto their #1 priority issue is a "butthurt Bernie fan"?

And a moron. I’m not a Bernie fan but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna slander him and pronounce im not voting for him over a single issue and instead am supporting the DOTARD.    IDIOCY. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Interesting. So what is Joe saying there?

He said he'd veto anything that delays healthcare now, and if some M4A bill passed both houses he'd want to know where they got the money. 

It's a bad, confusing, and not definitive answer. But he didn't say he'd veto M4A. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He said he'd veto anything that delays healthcare now, and if some M4A bill passed both houses he'd want to know where they got the money. 

It's a bad, confusing, and not definitive answer. But he didn't say he'd veto M4A. 

Let's go to the transcript, because while it isn't a "yes, I would veto it" it's also not some kind of open-ended thing or non-committal answer. His mind is clearly made up on M4A as failing to meet the criteria he has to avoid a veto.

A few pieces that indicate his standing opposition:
"My opposition isn't..."
"Is it going to significantly raise taxes on the middle class? Which it will.") (the transcriber doesn't know how to punctuate declarative and interrogative sentences, sadly)
"... as well as the impact on the rest of the budget"

Answer this for me: In Joe Biden's mind, does M4A actually meet the criteria he has to avoid a veto?

ESuJKJjXQAABirf.jpg

Better video...

This guy is so fucking thin-skinned. lol

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Posters are a protected class under the ADA and any attempt to discriminate against them is a violation of federal law that will result in even more posting. 

#Solidarity #Ally

PotablePhysicalApisdorsatalaboriosa-size

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Excellent.

Can you tell me what is more important than ensuring healthcare for all Americans?

#Unity

I would love to have M4A. But I don't get your confidence that electing Bernie would achieve that. I have no doubt he would advocate for it strongly, but his inability to attract people to his message during a Democratic primary where voters are sympathetic to his views doesn't instill much confidence that he could achieve much with moderate Dems and of course Republicans.

If Joe's coat tails are able to flip the Senate so that Dems control all three branches, then I could see the progressive wing and even moderate Dems passing a public option which is probably the only foothold we'll realistically get to transitioning to M4A. I get you want it all now, but that's just not realistic no matter how much you want it to be so IMO.

• Like 4

I am not confident that Bernie would achieve it. I want someone who will fight for it. Bernie fighting for it with the bully pulpit of the presidency will dramatically increase the likelihood of its realization and a Democratic president who actively fights against it decreases that likelihood. It's not complicated.

To get my vote, all Joe has to do is tell me he won't fight against it. I don't even need him to advocate for it (although, if he did, he would gain an actually ally with donations and volunteering, for whatever tiny amount that's worth to him).

As for Joe's coattails... what evidence is there that those exist?

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I love confrontational politics, but isn't Joe's case that he's going to win over moderate Republicans who hate Trump's crass bullying and bring in sane, mature, and rational leadership?

whoa whoa whoa.  nobody said "sane".  we were very careful about that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden