Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You said you would support the Democratic nominee if that candidate had the most delegates.

Yes, I did.

I was operating under the assumption that said candidate would not actively veto progressive legislation that made it through Congress. I was mistaken in that assumption and Biden disabused me of that misapprehension.

Do you think that is an unreasonable position for me to have; to desire that a Democratic president would sign legislation passed by Democrats?

38 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, I did.

I was operating under the assumption that said candidate would not actively veto progressive legislation that made it through Congress. I was mistaken in that assumption and Biden disabused me of that misapprehension.

Do you think that is an unreasonable position for me to have; to desire that a Democratic president would sign legislation passed by Democrats?

Joe Biden, once nominated, will be the most progressive Democratic candidate for president in history.  

25 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He’s much further left than Obama. McGovern could perhaps be an argument but times now are more progressive.

If we are going to ignore context, then Trump is more progressive than Obama because Trump is the first president in American history to support gay marriage coming into office.

Any sane measure of "most progressive" would have to be relative to their peers in the historical context. In which case, Joe is nowhere fucking near the most progressive candidate we've ever had.

16 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If we are going to ignore context, then Trump is more progressive than Obama because Trump is the first president in American history to support gay marriage coming into office.

Any sane measure of "most progressive" would have to be relative to their peers in the historical context. In which case, Joe is nowhere fucking near the most progressive candidate we've ever had.

WTF? No. 

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/

I can’t think of a nominee with a more progressive platform. This doesn’t incorporate the Green New Deal he signed onto today either.

Biden nailed tonight’s speech. He’s a good man.
And even good men get dementia. There's something very wrong with him. He does ok when given plenty of time to prepare but in more candid, less scripted settings he's confused, forgetful and short tempered, he looks incredibly lost quite often. I'm not a big fan of Bernie but Biden has no business being president

17 minutes ago, NateHitch said:
41 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:
Biden nailed tonight’s speech. He’s a good man.

And even good men get dementia. There's something very wrong with him. He does ok when given plenty of time to prepare but in more candid, less scripted settings he's confused, forgetful and short tempered, he looks incredibly lost quite often. I'm not a big fan of Bernie but Biden has no business being president

Then I guess you won’t be voting for him and instead will vote for Trump because Trump does not show signs of dementia, confusion, forgetfulness, short temper, etc... It’s a choice between the two of them at this point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Never says that (policies are irrelevant this election). But Biden isn’t some Republican in Democratic clothing some are saying. 

Do you even see him managing to fully repeal the tax cuts for the wealthy, without some compromise that allows the wealthy to remain better off than they were before Trump?

Then I guess you won’t be voting for him and instead will vote for Trump because Trump does not show signs of dementia, confusion, forgetfulness, short temper, etc... It’s a choice between the two of them at this point.
Won't be voting for Trump either. I'll just write in and vote for the person I want to rather than for the one I'm supposed to. I've watched my dad and grandfather go through dementia and alzheimers, I wouldn't have voted for either of them for president either.

1 minute ago, NateHitch said:
12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Won't be voting for Trump either. I'll just write in and vote for the person I want to rather than for the one I'm supposed to. I've watched my dad and grandfather go through dementia and alzheimers, I wouldn't have voted for either of them for president either.

Okay that's just fucking stupid. A president is in charge of the entire executive branch. That means their cabinet, ambassadors, judicial appointments, the attorney general, etc. There are literally thousands of jobs that you are also voting for.

I ain't happy about Biden, but this isn't about one person.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NateHitch said:
15 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

That’s a great plan.  You should vote for Gary Johnson.  I hear he is a great candidate.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

What could go wrong? -every Gary Johnson voter circa 2017. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ndawg said:

Okay that's just fucking stupid. A president is in charge of the entire executive branch. That means their cabinet, ambassadors, judicial appointments, the attorney general, etc. There are literally thousands of jobs that you are also voting for.

I ain't happy about Biden, but this isn't about one person.

Lol yeah a stooge with dementia and all the same Patriots we had during Obama years dumping pallets of cash on our enemies

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Lol yeah a stooge with dementia and all the same Patriots we had during Obama years dumping pallets of cash on our enemies

Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab em by the pussy. You can do anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Man, how’s your President’s foreign policy working in Iran? They get the bomb yet or just really close?  Also take your made up Rush Limbaugh bullshit elsewhere 

• Like 4

It's going to be poetic in 2032 when president Ocasio-Cortez and the Democratic Legislature pass Medicare for All, but the Supreme Court shoots it down, as it was loaded up 6-3 or 7-2 with conservative extremists because Joe Biden didn't pass every single purity test the far left invented for him and they put Trump back in office.

Ruining the future to own the centrists!

Edited by BradInATX

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It's going to be poetic in 2032 when president Ocasio-Cortez and the Democratic Legislature pass Medicare for All, but the Supreme Court shoots it down, as it was loaded up 6-3 or 7-2 with conservative extremists because Joe Biden didn't pass every single purity test the far left invented for him and they put Trump back in office.

Ruining the future to own the centrists!

Pre-writing the obituary? #sad

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Pre-writing the obituary? #sad

No. I think Biden can win. But I do think that any person that takes their responsibility seriously and cares more about progressive causes than their own emotions will vote for Biden. Because voting for Biden, despite the fact that he kinda sucks, will help progressive causes more than voting for Trump or not voting. But you already know that. And like I've said, I think you'll get over it and do the right thing. 

• Like 1

There's nothing emotional for me to "get over", all I need is for Joe to say he won't veto legislation passed by a Democratic House and Senate.

I lose all the time. It's all I do as a left-progressive Texan.

And as for the advice you would give progressives... maybe a lifelong Republican doesn't have the experience to know what he's talking about?

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

There's nothing emotional for me to "get over", all I need is for Joe to say he won't veto legislation passed by a Democratic House and Senate.

And as for the advice you would give progressives... maybe a lifelong Republican doesn't have the experience to know what he's talking about?

😂😂😂😂

Oh, you.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I know I’ll regret this but here goes anyway.

If you’re really a left progressive Texan then you should be absolutely ecstatic that Biden beat Bernie and jumping for joy.

This is because with Biden on the ticket instead of Bernie, the dems have a pretty decent shot at taking back the Texas House and therefore gaining a seat at the table during the all important redistricting process coming up. If Bernie was the nominee the dems have virtually no shot at the Texas house. I’m assuming it’s why beto weighed in for Biden. 

Other than trump losing, taking back the Texas house is the most important thing for me, followed by the dems taking back the US Senate which is possible. 

This is something Biden wants to protect.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

This is because with Biden on the ticket instead of Bernie, the dems have a pretty decent shot at taking back the Texas House and therefore gaining a seat at the table during the all important redistricting process coming up. If Bernie was the nominee the dems have virtually no shot at the Texas house. I’m assuming it’s why beto weighed in for Biden.

Did you know that Nancy Pelosi came down to Texas to campaign for Trump-loving Henry Cuellar, who went on to beat Jessica Cisneros in the primary?

Regardless of what Biden does at this point, I will keep my monthly donation to Bernie until he drops out but I will only be doing work for downballot races in Texas.

A serious question for you that I do not know the answer to: How involved are you with local left/Democratic politics where you live and how long have you been doing it?

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This is something Biden wants to protect.

Did you know that Nancy Pelosi came down to Texas to campaign for Trump-loving Henry Cuellar, who went on to beat Jessica Cisneros in the primary?

Regardless of what Biden does at this point, I will keep my monthly donation to Bernie until he drops out but I will only be doing work for downballot races in Texas.

A serious question for you that I do not know the answer to: How involved are you with local left/Democratic politics where you live and how long have you been doing it?

He loved trump so much he voted to impeach him.

I know this may be difficult for some whites in Texas cities to understand, but Hispanics in this state are pretty damn conservative overall. They’d be republicans if the Republican Party wasn’t backed by a bunch of neo Nazis like Stephen Miller. 

As for me, I’ve been donating money, writing letters and putting up signs for the dems since 2011. Learning that the Iraq war was a complete sham and then the financial meltdown was the turning point for me so I voted for Obama. Trump just made it where I won’t support a Republican ever again until I’m dead and buried and they then steal my vote. 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden