Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Agree with above poster. Unforced error.
I don't think it is. People are tired of trolls and suburban moms are going to be happy he stood up to a gun freak. I can see them nodding and thinking, "yeah, who the hell needs so many rounds?" Assholes like this were never voting for a Democrat anyways.
  • Like 1

Biden's handlers need to handle more effectively. He is the front runner. His follow up was shaky. 

Say something like - "Look, folks, I know these guys. This is how we talk. They know Ole' Scranton Joe is a scrapper. We walk away friends and have a beer down at the pool hall. Now go out and vote!"

Are y'all upset that Biden told him off? 

That's one of the best things of the whole goddamn week. The gun fetishist got a smackdown. That's exactly what he deserves. It will be fine with the suburban moms that don't know anything else about an AR-15 than it's what has been used to kill elementary students. 

Handle up on that 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

That's one of the best things of the whole goddamn week. The gun fetishist got a smackdown. That's exactly what he deserves. It will be fine with the suburban moms that don't know anything else about an AR-15 than it's what has been used to kill elementary students. 

Clarification - "AR-14" (US classified weapon used by AF in 50's to Early Vietnam - need to know basis).

The golden rule with Trumpkins - DO NOT LET THEM SET THE NARRATIVE. Full stop. 

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

And that factory worker is the bully?

Will be eager to see Biden during the debate. The most entertaining possible outcome has always been Biden v Trump debates.

No, that factory word is the bully's friend that runs his mouth off while the bully is protecting him. Quit acting like that guy isnt a guaranteed Trump voter anyway. 

The argument against AR-15's is a bit more nuanced. They have Military Inspired Cosmetic Effects (MICE). The MICE are intended to terrorize a target. If used for hunting game, the MICE have no effect on prey. If used to hunt humans, MICE "TERRORIZE" civilians and cause panic. They are semi-automatic, just like my semi-automatic shotgun. But they act as a force multiplier against innocents. They are terroristic-type weapons. So the case is there.

We cannot confiscate them under current Supreme Court precedent. And Beto's approach inspires Trump voters to turn out. We do not want more Trump turnout. Save it for after the election. 

Unforced error. 

42 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i think what bt is trying to say, is that "republican talking points" are totally ok when they're coming from the left.

I don't care what the Tweet says, watch the video.

15 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I don't think a candidate who threatens to fight voters who disagree with him is capable of good leadership. I also think it's a bad look politically to tell Republican voters to go fuck themselves while giving handjobs to Republican politicians who are actually much worse than that voter.

But this perfectly matches with the centrist desires, which is to tell the working class to eat piles of shit but have a better time at the dinner party with Republican friends. So what the hell do I know about how this is going to play with white people in the midwest? Jack shit, probably.

I would much rather have a candidate who is the bigger man when dealing with those below him and who reserves his shouting and threats for the actual power forces that oppose him. Joe's the opposite of that.

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

No, that factory word is the bully's friend that runs his mouth off while the bully is protecting him. Quit acting like that guy isnt a guaranteed Trump voter anyway. 

Do you think Joe acts that tough with Republicans in DC wearing suits?

And the argument against a MICE ban is that self-defense is more effective with MICE. A ban on MICE would require strict scrutiny by the Supreme Court. The counter is MICE is not a weapon and therefore does not implicate the Second Amendment.

It is a difficult argument in that setting. So avoid it. 

Handlers need to handle better. 

"You can have your AR, but it has to be painted pink with a very bold and clear black stencil that says 'HOMOS PULL THIS' with an arrow pointing at the trigger. Also, all guns will be fitted with a bluetooth speaker that announces 'I'M GAY!' every time the weapon is fired."

*b_t wins every state with his bold vision of historic compromise*

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

So calling a liar a liar is now an "unforced error"? Fuck that asshole and fuck the NRA and everyone who agrees with this idiot. Seriously, none of those people were voting for him anyway. They are a fucking cult of assholes who have their king asshole to vote for. They are idiots who believe "viral videos" because the want to. They are the republican party. "He tells it like it is." "He doesn't take shit from anyone." Why is that ok now for republicans but not for democrats? So the republican can continue insulting handicap people and war heroes, but the democrat is supposed to calmly tell a lying piece of shit "well good sir if you saw that video than who am I do disagree?" Fuck that, and fuck him, and fuck you if you think he's just supposed to take that shit. That is how democrats lost in the first place. Letting lying pieces of shit lie and pretending that they shouldn't call it a lie. I like seeing Biden stand up for himself and against these assholes. It will awaken some voters who are sick of the diarrhea laced lies coming from trump and his supporters on an hourly basis. 

Yes - we do not want the Trump base fired up. Beto's "coming to get your guns" fires up the Trump base. The guy speaking to Biden is a Trumpkin, more likely than not. Ignore. Don't insult. Don't tell him let's go outside and settle it on the street. Act like a President. And don't fall into Trump traps.

Look, I know the Biden base want's to stick it to Trump and they are angry. But that means beating him in November. The nation wants a President who acts like a President, not Trump. Save the rage for the ballot box. The goal is to keep their enthusiasm, down. That means we need fewer voters to win. 

I am not trying to police anyone's tone. But Joe's handlers need to do better than Hillary's handlers did. Many of the same handlers worked for both campaigns. They need to learn from their mistakes. The nation is depending on them. They screwed up the 2016 Repub Nomination. They screwed up the 2016 election. They cannot screw up again in November 2020. Too much is riding on this election. 

But I understand your frustration. Just don't let them control the narrative. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Yes - we do not want the Trump base fired up. Beto's "coming to get your guns" fires up the Trump base. The guy speaking to Biden is a Trumpkin, more likely than not. Ignore. Don't insult. Don't tell him let's go outside and settle it on the street. Act like a President. And don't fall into Trump traps.

Look, I know the Biden base want's to stick it to Trump and they are angry. But that means beating him in November. The nation wants a President who acts like a President, not Trump. Save the rage for the ballot box. The goal is to keep their enthusiasm, down. That means we need fewer voters to win. 

I am not trying to police anyone's tone. But Joe's handlers need to do better than Hillary's handlers did. Many of the same handlers worked for both campaigns. They need to learn from their mistakes. The nation is depending on them. They screwed up the 2016 Repub Nomination. They screwed up the 2016 election. They cannot screw up again in November 2020. Too much is riding on this election. 

But I understand your frustration. Just don't let them control the narrative. 

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The idea of Biden "standing up for himself" against a single bearded worker in a hard hat is beautiful delusion.

Here's a non-Bernie candidate with a take on this that I absolutely loved.

Biden is not Obama. He has a different style. He built an image as the "Scranton Scrapper" or whatever that was. Point being, he can deal with this type of crap in his own way. There is literally nothing he will say that will ever even remotely come close to trumplike rhetoric. He didn't call the guy's wife a pig or call him a gradeschool nickname. He told him he was full of shit, because he was full of shit. I think it is absolutely appropriate at this particular point in time to push back against outright lies. He can and will do so without being a braindead piece of human garbage like trump. I like the fire and I think anyone who sees trump and his cult for what they are like seeing it too.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Handlers need to handle better. 

7 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I am not trying to police anyone's tone. But Joe's handlers need to do better than Hillary's handlers did.

To be fair to his handler, she tried to handle him right after he told beard guy that he was full of shit, and she got double-shushed.  When your boss is the presumptive Democratic nominee for President and he tells you to shut up, what else can you do?

The scrapper you want is someone who goes to DC to punch the bastards there on the behalf of the voters, not the one who comes from DC and punches the voters on behalf of the politicians (or, in Biden's case, his own frail ego).

There is literally nothing he will say that will ever even remotely come close to trumplike rhetoric. He didn't call the guy's wife a pig or make up a gradeschool insult for the guy.

He physically threatened the guy after the guy asked him very politely to not shove his finger in his face. Did you even watch the video?

I think it is absolutely appropriate at this particular point in time to push back against outright lies.

What's the appropriate response to someone politely telling you not to invade his personal space?

5 minutes ago, TriStone said:

To be fair to his handler, she tried to handle him right after he told beard guy that he was full of shit, and she got double-shushed.  When your boss is the presumptive Democratic nominee for President and he tells you to shut up, what else can you do?

Saw that and heard that. 

The handler right now is Anita Dunn - his defacto campaign manager. The staffer walking with him is a face for the campaign. He probably needs someone higher up there with them - like his wife - to keep him calms so he does not rise to the bait. 

The bearded guy is a real life troll. He is there to cause the reaction. Biden fell for it. He needs work on this. He has acted out earlier in the campaign. 

Love Joe's spokes person today talking about Joe having a human moment when  when he told a  Woman asking him about the second amendment and gun rights  that she was full of shit. 

A human moment ? I think Joe's had lots of human moments.  Unfortunately they've been really awkward human moments.  His comments after winning super Tuesday last week were really eloquent, and strong, but the gaffes this guy keeps  letting out of his mouth are starting to get bizarre.

I know I know but what about Trump 

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

If that were all of it, you'd have a great point.

I would love a sane, rational, emotionally-mature leader to debate these points in a way that bridged the legitimate concerns of hunters and gun enthusiasts with the reality of mass gun deaths.

Instead, the head of our ticket is going to be an old man who cannot emotionally handle any level of criticism from lowly citizens and who feels justified in touching them aggressively, being disrespectful to them, and even physically threatening them.

That... sucks ass.

I mean. Cmon.

Its become obvious that Joe Biden could ascend to heaven and you’d criticize the color of his wings. You are losing all credibility on this.

You can make it personal about me all you want, my friend, but that doesn't change reality.

Can you think of a time when a presidential nominee threatened to physically assault someone who said it wasn't OK for that presidential nominee to jab his finger in his face? Or anything like that?

If you can't handle critical analysis of Democrats then you might want to throw me on ignore. I'm not going to spend the next 8 months acting like a Trump supporter pretending that the pants-shitting clown in front of me is actually a glorious hero.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You can make it personal about me all you want, my friend, but that doesn't change reality.

Can you think of a time when a presidential nominee threatened to physically assault someone who said it wasn't OK for that presidential nominee to jab his finger in his face? Or anything like that?

If you can't handle critical analysis of Democrats then you might want to throw me on ignore. I'm not going to spend the next 8 months acting like a Trump supporter pretending that the pants-shitting clown in front of me is actually a glorious hero.

Then threaten to vote for trump. Isn’t that your next move?

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

lol no

I will never vote for a Republican. That's silly. It's something you want to convince yourself of so you can pretend what you're seeing WRT Biden is not what you're seeing, that you can kill every single messenger and that will change reality.

Sorry bud. :)

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

lol no

I will never vote for a Republican. That's silly. It's something you want to convince yourself of so you can pretend what you're seeing WRT Biden is not what you're seeing, that you can kill every single messenger and that will change reality.

Sorry bud. :)

So it looks like the voters are going to send Uncle Joe to the convention with the delegate lead. I'm glad the Democratic nominee will get your vote. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

So it looks like the voters are going to send Uncle Joe to the convention with the delegate lead. I'm glad the Democratic nominee will get your vote. 

Pending a change of heart on his part with regard to vetoing progressive legislation, absolutely! :)

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

he is blathering fool who types more words per second that mean nothing than even hugo, who must have lost his keyboard recently. both of them dominate the word/nothing quota for shaggy

biden handled that well. LMAO at a old man threatening someone. Tact? bad, sure. remotely the same as the threats from Trump - not even close IMO

Edited by staboner

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden