TEXAS @ BAYLOR Series

petscii

Last weekend at TCU we were on the verge of something great and let it slip away. Now we are on the verge of being put out of the conference race early unless we can step it up in these next two games.

Should be intense. This is a crazy fucking season.

Edited by Valmy77

Just now, brojangles2 said:

This team sucks. This bullpen is going to lose me for the season. Sick of this deja vu bullshit. Maddening. 

If you cannot take the insanity it probably is wise to not watch. None of our games are going to be easy or clean.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Last weekend at TCU we were on the verge of something great and let it slip away. Now we are on the verge of being put out of the conference race early unless we can step it up in these next two games.

Should be intense.

Dude I admire your positive attitude but it’s glaringly apparent that over the long haul of the season we are just not good enough in all three phases to win it this year.  This year is about development at this point.  

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Dude I admire your positive attitude but it’s glaringly apparent that over the long haul of the season we are just not good enough in all three phases to win it this year.  This year is about development at this point.  

Yeah, last year was a bit of a tease and what seemed to be evidence that Pierce can coach when it matters.  I can't name a player on this team that is a true difference maker.  Maybe Austin Todd.  Who is next on that list?

1 minute ago, brojangles2 said:

Bad baseball is hard to deal with. Hate seeing this shit just handed to opponents on the regular. 

Every game is won late and it goes back and forth. How is that just handing our opponents the game? Even in that TCU meltdown they had to come from pretty far behind. I mean I am an Orioles fan, I know what it means to root for just an overmatched bad baseball team that just gets wrecked every week. This is not that.

Just an observation...... this past season, winning a football, basketball or baseball game is a Damn Marathon.

No games are easy.....

Thank God for Mike White and Women's Softball for their 8 (or 9) run rule victories this year...... 😳

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

So I shouldn't have fun and enjoy this and just be a miserable bitch? I don't know man...I am well aware this team is flawed. But I think you guys are so eager to just explain it all away with 'we suck'. I mean I have been a baseball fan long enough to know you are never just going to crush everybody 20-0.

4 minutes ago, HSFC said:

Two things that will let you positive guys see clearly.

1.  Ignore the LSU sweep

2.  Ignore Baseball America ranking

Ok explain why we don't get beaten decisively. Why is everything close if we are terrible?

The floor may fall out, or maybe not. I want to see what happens.

Edited by Valmy77

It feels like this is a team that is waiting for the other team to give them the game instead of one that can go out and take it on their own.  Feels like our offense needs walks and errors from the other team to push runs across for us.  

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok explain why we don't get beaten decisively. Why is everything close if we are terrible?

It seems we are pretty well coached and a bit talent poor.  But who knows for sure.  That one sucked because 4-0 felt like it should be a win with Elder on the mound.  Then he went Mr. Hyde for an inning and we are in a dog fight.  He is a sophomore and will get better.  I hope that is the case for the whole team.  Losing leaders like Hamilton before the season didn't help for sure.  

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Has the sun set, yet ... or, are there still rays to pump and smoke to be blown up our ass?

the absolute ceiling is hosting a regional but I think we'd have to sweep KSU/KU and hope to win 7 of 12 from OU/OSU/BU/WVU.  too many losses and even our crazy SOS won't help although it should.   I'm thinking a number 2 seed  out west somewhere.  don't really want to think about worst case.

12 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The floor may fall out, or maybe not. I want to see what happens.

Yeah, when we were affirmatively bad, close games were few and far between.

It's a young team with transitional talent and some bad injuries.

It's going to be a bumpy ride.

At least we didn't go completely to shit on the road for once.

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

It feels like this is a team that is waiting for the other team to give them the game instead of one that can go out and take it on their own.  Feels like our offense needs walks and errors from the other team to push runs across for us.  

Yeah that comes with the lack of any real power in the line up. I was hoping Zubia would bring that this year...but nope. He, to me anyway, is the biggest disappointment this year. Our line up would look completely different right now if he had 9 or 10 home runs.

Edited by Valmy77

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah that comes with the lack of any real power in the line up. I was hoping Zubia would bring that this year...but nope.

Trying to not be too hard on him, but a big disapointment. Can't handle a breaking ball and looks at or misses way too many fastballs. For such a big kid, seems to have perpetual warning track power.