2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

9 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Now that’s more like it. 

I love that the massive run that opened up the game in the second quarter was essentially without Harden. If our whole team is in the flow..watch the fuck out. 

But that means Harden isn't the MVP because the team can occasionally play well when he's not in (which is idiotic).  Oh and he can't play defense (which has been repeatedly proven false this year).  And did I forget LeBron has done more with less (which neglects that he whined and didn't play with any heart at all until after the all star break even though he's the one that architect-ed that that team through alienating Kyrie and begging old broken players to play with him)?

Edited by uoftorange

Well you guys are 2-0 while firing on about 4.5 cylinders. If the Wolves can't split 2 games when harden goes 2-18 or Houston goes 3/30 from 3, it was meant to be. We're mentally fragile and it shows. KAT is obviously flustered with Capella and Nene knowing he's more talented than they are but can't do shit because they're defensively stout meanwhile kicking his ass on offense.

Wiggins has been our best player which is a recipe for disaster. Don't know what butler's deal is but he looks about 1/3rd of the player he was last week vs Denver.

Crawford is god awful and were better off playing 4 on 5. When Houston starts the second qtr (when this shitshow was blown open)..they were +15 in like 7 min with harden on the bench and butler/Kat on the court. The fuck?

Thibs is running an offense that can't keep up. Might win a game in Minnesota but I'll be shocked if this goes beyond 5 especially after tucking their tails up their asses because Gerald green it a couple 3s.

14 hours ago, aggie08 said:

"Defensive mastermind" Tom Thibodeau's complete cluelessness as it relates to trying to gameplan for modern offenses is one of my absolute favorite ongoing NBA storylines.

I love how he keeps getting praised as a "defensive mastermind". This is the laziest shit ever by analysts. They get away with it because Joe off the street doesn't understand defense as well as they understand offense, so they take them at their word. In reality, Thibs has been fucking terrible all around this series and if anything, is getting exposed as being fucking terrible at defending the modern offense. When they pull a defender up to double Harden late in the shot clock 40 feet from the basket, they get exploited every. single. time.

I would prefer to play the Jazz between the two of them, because I would love to see OKC lose in the first round after finally getting MVP Russ all that help he needed. They can watch from home as 2 of the guys who "sucked" playing along side Russ take down the fucking King of the East. The optics of all that happening would be pretty amazing, and the excuses and tears from OKC/Russ fans would be unbelievably delicious. 

Edited by Dutchrudder

I would prefer to play the Jazz between the two of them, because I would love to see OKC lose in the first round after finally getting MVP Russ all that help he needed. They can watch from home as 2 of the guys who "sucked" playing along side Russ take down the fucking King of the East. The optics of all that happening would be pretty amazing, and the excuses and tears from OKC/Russ fans would be unbelievably delicious. 
your focus is on Russ. your focusness needs refocusness.

Sure would like to see James put up a beastly line tonight after a shitty Game 2.

Realistically, a split in Minny is all we need.  But if we drop them tonight, they'll probably fold up in Game 4 and we'll get a bunch of extra rest while that 4/5 series goes 6 or 7.

Let's fucking go.  Be relentless.