2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

KAT playing so great.  So aggressive.  He's back.

2-6 from the floor for 6 points.

That GM poll two years back of the player that they'd pick first to build a franchise around that he won sure seems like a lifetime ago.

Edited by aggie08

Just now, Snacks said:
2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:
Should not keep Gerald Green and Ryan Anderson on the floor at the same time. That's two huge defensive liabilities.

I'm not convinced Anderson should play at all

He's kind of lost on the court. He needs to stick to spot up shooting. When he drives it's a bad shot or a turnover. I'm not gonna even talk about him on defense.

It feels like D'Antoni doesn't care about this game. 

Just now, Snacks said:
6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:
Seems like D'Antoni wants to hoard his timeouts for some reason. No defensive adjustments made this quarter.

I wouldn't burn a timeout, either. is defense the reason?

I just saw on the TV that at one point in the 3rd quarter, the Rockets had 6 TOs left. I guess defense would be part of the reason as well as yelling at the team to get its collective head out of its ass. 

10 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

We're playing like shit and Minny's playing out of their minds.  10 of 20 from behind the arc.  Meh.  It's the playoffs.  We'll fuck them up Monday night.

a·nom·a·ly
əˈnäməlē/
noun

1. 1.
    This game is something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected of the Rockets. But don't worry, CP3 & The Beard will get their act together and win the next (2) contest...

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

The Rockets need to make it a point of emphasis to focus on 3 point defense next game. 

Agreed.  But, if they want to continue to turn games into 3-point shooting contests, let them.  This is one of the worst 3-point teams in the league hitting 15-25.  Anomaly indeed.

Just now, TexArcher said:

Agreed.  But, if they want to continue to turn games into 3-point shooting contests, let them.  This is one of the worst 3-point teams in the league hitting 15-25.  Anomaly indeed.

I really hope that this game will just be a blip in the radar. Because Minnesota is determined to give the Rockets the bidness from beyond the arc this game. It would not surprise me if that's their intent for Game 4.