2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

would actually be pretty nice if okc did come back and win.  why not stretch that series out while the rockets sit and wait?

Yeah, wear down Utah a bit more. Or better yet, take out mvp Russ again just like last year.

He will take a million bad shots in the 4th and blow it probably. 

20 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That would be hard if the OKC/Utah series goes 7 games, as that game would be on Sunday.

jesus christ you know what i meant.  you acted like it wouldn't be a good thing for the thunder to extend their series because the rockets need to play and not rest as if you thought there was a chance of the 2nd round series starting before sunday -- which there wasn't regardless of anything that happened tonight..

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

how easy is to root for cp3 after we all hated him in LA? You dont want me to root for your teams, im in a 27 yr drought and counting 

Most bandwagon jumpers are, doesn't seem to matter. Just look at all the morons that jumped on the Warriors or Heat trains once it was obvious they were dynasties. We got room brah

8 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

stat lines for the series:

Clint Capela

• 15.8 ppg (.673 FG%), 14.2 rpg, 2.4 bpg

Karl Anthony-Towns

• 15.2 ppg (.467 FG%), 13.4 rpg, 1.0 bpg

You could tell KAT was rattled by CCs physicality,  especially trying to establish position in the post and backing him down. 

Aside from the screens,  CC had a hell of a series especially with some of those shots he made that weren't lobs....where the hell did those moves come from 

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

You could tell KAT was rattled by CCs physicality,  especially trying to establish position in the post and backing him down. 

Aside from the screens,  CC had a hell of a series especially with some of those shots he made that weren't lobs....where the hell did those moves come from 

From H-Town via Switzerland and France (in that order).

My offer still stands for you to root for the Houston Rockets moving forward in this NBA playoffs.

Just now, TexArcher said:

If Rubio can play and be 100%, 6 sounds right.  If he can't, it really oughtta be a sweep.

I still hate Utah from the Stockton/Malone days, so this will be fun.

I predicted Rockets in 5. But these guys have your pick: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-playoffs-2018-rockets-vs-jazz-prediction-pick-preview-schedule-bracket/g8p9tilj6yvc19cqu2d57a1fx

28 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

If Rubio can play and be 100%, 6 sounds right.  If he can't, it really oughtta be a sweep.

I still hate Utah from the Stockton/Malone days, so this will be fun.

I will be pulling for the Rockets to sweep, as to catch the Warriors as early as possible... I'm predicting Houston v. Philadelphia in the NBA Finals...

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

Hamstring injury.

Same as during the middle of the season?

Rubios size and peskyness could disrupt CP3...but yea, a smart bet would be its similar to the Wolves series....unless Houston gets some more GOD quarters, then it could be 4. I dont know who they have after Exum, Ingles? lol

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

mbah a moute is questionable for game 1.  i'd hold him out another game or two, but that is definitely nice to hear.

Agreed. I don't think the Rockets will need him for Game 1 and 2. The series will get hairy in Utah and he'll get at least five more days to recover.