2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

1 hour ago, Fletchers Corny Slayer said:

I trust CP so much more with the final shot

I’d like to think subconsciously these two last second shots by Green and Paul will really help Harden. For the past 4 years he has felt if he didn’t produce we don’t win. That was toxic at the end of games. Maybe this showed him a different path. The last second hero ball seems to have been his biggest weakness in the past (double etc), excited to see his response. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

damn, how did they only score 30 in the 2nd half??

At one point they were 12-20 from BTA. They finished 1-17. Not too mention that James and Paul had 35 points at HT, and only 16 in the 2H.

Edited by HtownHorn

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

That call against Chris Paul is gonna be played a lot tomorrow. He gets run over by Westbrook and it's an offensive foul... Lol

It was a bullshit call, but I wish Paul didn't get himself T'ed up for taunting the ref afterwards. Don't gift the opposition free points.

That being said, the Rockets did excellent to fight back and take the lead going into halftime.

They are leaking oil at just the wrong time. They have played terribly the last four games and I don’t know if they can just turn it on when the intensity begins. At this point I’m mildly concerned but we’ll see soon enough.

So... I think I mentioned it on the other site, there is a way to defend the Rockets and OKC did it.  Make the 4th and 5th option beat you. Double James... let him force shots or dribble off his foot or make an ill-advised pass... do not let an average defender get iso'd by him or he will stretch out the entire defense.  You're better off letting PJ or Luc or Trevor or whomever "go off" for 16 than let Harden score 30 with 12 assists.  Good playoff teams are going to double Harden early.

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

So... I think I mentioned it on the other site, there is a way to defend the Rockets and OKC did it.  Make the 4th and 5th option beat you. Double James... let him force shots or dribble off his foot or make an ill-advised pass... do not let an average defender get iso'd by him or he will stretch out the entire defense.  You're better off letting PJ or Luc or Trevor or whomever "go off" for 16 than let Harden score 30 with 12 assists.  Good playoff teams are going to double Harden early.

Yeah, you just hope its not PJ or Luc you're having to rely on hitting those shots in those situations, but rather EG, CP3 or Anderson instead.

46 minutes ago, Horns RD Standard said:

Yeah, you just hope its not PJ or Luc you're having to rely on hitting those shots in those situations, but rather EG, CP3 or Anderson instead.

I'm not convinced Ryan Anderson would get hot, either.  Especially in TC. 

I'd double off Anderson, PJ, Luc, Joe...

Can't really double off Green, because he'll drive and dunk... 

Trevor, EG, CP3 will hit their shots enough that they won't be the double... unless Trevor is on the arc somewhere instead of the corner.

And it's not as if teams have to be great at it.  They just have to limit Harden's easy buckets (limit fouls, open shots, and easy assists to Clint.)

I'm interested in seeing if teams do this and how the Rockets counter.  FORTUNATELY... Point God is here to take some of that.

so if feigen's tweet is true, i think these are the scenarios:

spurs beat pelicans = rockets vs pelicans first round.

pelicans beat spurs, wolves beat nuggets = rockets vs. wolves.

pelicans beat spurs, nuggets beat wolves - rockets vs. spurs.

all of those are based on the thunder beating memphis.  should they somehow lose that game, they'd be tied with at least 2 teams with 35 losses and i don't feel like running down all those tiebreakers right now.

Guest ¡Pinche Pendejos!

Losing to the Thunder to keep them out of the 8 seed battle was good in the long run. Let's see how Dumb'toni fucks up and plays the starters 30+ minutes on these back to back garbage games.

2 hours ago, Guest ¡Pinche Pendejos! said:

Fuck Dumb'toni

Who was he supposed to play last night?  You saw the scrub lineup at the end, right?  The one with Ariza still in there?  Yeah, that would have been Luc had he not been injured.

Newsflash: Even if D'Antoni rested everyone but his last 5 bench players, Luc would have still played.. and probably more than normal.  If D'Antoni decided to rest Luc and Ariza or Green got injured instead, all of the idiot Houston sports fans would be blaming D'Antoni for resting him.  

I support resting players, and it would be one thing if Harden or Paul went down in the 4th quarter last night.  But there's no realistic scenario in today's NBA where your 6th or 7th best player isn't playing in the 2nd quarter.  Blaming the coach is an incredible lazy take.

• Like 1