2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

True, but a team shouldn't be crashing and burning into the playoffs no matter what.

Before today’s loss, since Jan. 8 we’re 34-3 with one loss in the last last two calendar months. I don’t think one loss after we cliched best record in the league is crashing and burning.

In the last few seasons, the Spurs and Warriors have both rested players much more than we have going into the first round. We will be fine.

It almost sounded like D'Antoni was kind of calling out his players there and telling them no more resting just to rest. Get your ass to work. The Spurs started this mess but Pop has a specific method to his madness. He doesn't just rest guys at the end of the year in mass. 

Not worried, just disappointed. I understand this is the end of the season and everyone is ready for the postseason. But, SA is a top-shelf organization and these are the types of games that you send a message in. Especially since your opponent will be coming at you on a higher level. You have to meet that intensity because that's what the playoffs will be like every game.

this team is 32-3 in it's last 35 games.  all 3 losses came on the road to playoff teams, 2 of the 3 were by a basket and the 3rd was the afternoon after they officially clinched home court advantage throughout the entire playoffs.  yet some of you want to act like this is college football and losses are unexpected/unacceptable.  

ridiculous.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Hopefully Anderson isn't seriously hurt.

Still don't agree with putting him at the 5.  I understand the belief is to stretch the floor and leave the lane open for Paul/Harden/EG to drive.  However on the other end it is a runway for uncontested layups and dunks.

He's much more effective with a legit C in the lineup with him.. 

10 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Still don't agree with putting him at the 5.  I understand the belief is to stretch the floor and leave the lane open for Paul/Harden/EG to drive.  However on the other end it is a runway for uncontested layups and dunks.

He's much more effective with a legit C in the lineup with him.. 

Trading 2s for your opponent's 3s is not a sound strategy against the Rockets.