2019 Women's World Cup - Do It Back to Back

ztejas

Yep, she has no timing whatsoever in terms of knowing when to make the crucial pass. Also, Morgan is continuously playing herself offside then calling for the ball.

Not dealing with Spain's high pressure well at all, and our keeper is going to give another goal away at this rate. We need to be playing more diagonal medium-to-long passes. We are cutting them up on those.

A lot to unpack in the first half, but certainly Lavelle has been pretty shit and I concur with the puzzling runs by Morgan.

Not a good half for the USA, but props to Spain for coming in prepared. We knew they were solid and they're putting our back line to the test, as they should.

11 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

but certainly Lavelle has been pretty shit and I concur with the puzzling runs by Morgan.

Lavelle is maddening. They should'v had a second goal after the ball she played to Rapinoe, but so many of her touches are just off. She's incredibly talented and incredibly inconsistent.

I missed the first half (damned work) and just went live, rather than FF the DVR.

In the past few minutes I've seen several fouls by Spain and a lot of our girls looking very much out of sorts as they get up.  Is this a case of frustration on the US's part with not having been played so aggressively and not knowing how to respond?  Too much "reading their own press clippings" and being incredulous that someone else might actually be as tough and as good as they are?

Or - something else?  

I missed the first half (damned work) and just went live, rather than FF the DVR.
In the past few minutes I've seen several fouls by Spain and a lot of our girls looking very much out of sorts as they get up.  Is this a case of frustration on the US's part with not having been played so aggressively and not knowing how to respond?  Too much "reading their own press clippings" and being incredulous that someone else might actually be as tough and as good as they are?
Or - something else?  

Marketing themselves as Goliath might be the least self aware plan ever
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Spain is hacking the shit out of the US and as long as the ref doesn't give cards they have no impetus to stop.

Yup.  This is some bullshit right here. Rapinoe got a weak-ass yellow and yet they're slaughtering our players, with no yellows to be seen.  Complete crap.

Just now, SameSame said:

Funny how perception works, on twitter Spain supporters, US is soft and begging. US supporters, Spain is dirty.

And round we go.

US is going down a lot for sure.  But Spain is playing dirty AF.  And twitter sucks.

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Marketing themselves as Goliath might be the least self aware plan ever

The broadcast team isn't helping ... just now: "...imagine if Spain were to pull the shocking upset, ALL CAPITALS SHOCKING upset..."

Jesus dude.  It's Spain, not Thailand.  I get it, on paper, this shouldn't be 1-1, but it is... and it's because (from my brief viewing of this match) Spain is out-playing the US physically and not being held accountable for certain fouls by the ref.

That's football.  Get on with it.

Now it's time to find out if our girls can... get on with it.