2019 Women's World Cup - Do It Back to Back

ztejas

I wish I did not agree with y'all but I do. If we can finish our early chances he coaching should not affect the game but we have not been finishing on our opportunities to score. Can we also get the team on Yancy's hydration plan, is that too much to ask for when we are playing at the highest level.

2 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Ellis' shitty coaching choices have one positive and some negatives. While it was insanely dumb the way she used Lindsey Horan against Spain, Horan should be well rested and ready to go and having arguably the best player in the game fully rested and fit for a Quarterfinal is a big advantage. On the flip side how much will some of the older players (Rapinoe, Sauerbrunn, Heath) have in the tank for this game? Can she risk not starting Rapinoe to use her as a second half sub to keep her fresh? How much of a leash does Morgan have as she's been ineffective since playing Thailand?

Jill Ellis is the big question mark. The US can out-talent most teams including France, but if this game is nip and tuck is she going to make the right decisions? It's a huge variable. 

She should be very well rested since she isn’t in the starting 11

2 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Ellis is a fucking moron.  Outside of the U.S. , Horan is almost universally regarded as our best player.  

This is a Brianna Scurry over Hope Solo level of stupidity.  Just absurd

Serious question.  What possible explanation could she have for not starting Horan?  

Mewis has played well and can match up against the monster CB from France on set pieces, Lavelle is the only really creative MF and Ertz is the irreplaceable leader on the pitch and maintains discipline as the DM.

That is the argument.  Not a good one though considering Horan is arguably the best MF in the world

5 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Mewis has played well and can match up against the monster CB from France on set pieces, Lavelle is the only really creative MF and Ertz is the irreplaceable leader on the pitch and maintains discipline as the DM.

That is the argument.  Not a good one though considering Horan is arguably the best MF in the world

So play Horan until it looks like she can't handle the monster.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Lavelle was really, really, really creative against Spain. Just when you thought "hey she's going to play the through ball right now because this is the best time to play it and create a major scoring chance" she would say "NOPE HAHAHA I WILL HOLD ONTO IT FOR TWO MORE SECONDS UNTIL THE CHANCE IS GONE I AM SO CREATIVE."

• Haha 1

I like Dunn in the middle or attacking...I'm not a fan of her on the back line.

Wonder if Ellis is throwing this lineup out there again to throw off the other teams.  If/When they advance, maybe she'll change it up...maybe.