2019 Women's World Cup - Do It Back to Back

ztejas

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Nah, that's a yellow. But it was a bad enough yellow to be a second yellow if the ref had called their shit earlier.

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

It should have been a second yellow. They let so much go.

For sure.

3 minutes ago, JNip said:

It's nice being a favorite and bringing in major revenue to the tournament, you get mysterious calls on your favor. 

I'm not even watching, but from everything I've heard and read, it's clear that Spain got TONS of no calls in their favor.

You want to see a team getting favorable calls, go look at France.  I'm sure they'll get a bunch in the next match too.  Get out of here with that weak ass BS.

49 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Rapinoe was bad in the run of play today but calmly stepped up and buried two penalty kicks. That's why she's so vital to this team. Cool as a cucumber.

Ellis did see that she was getting pwned by the spanish RB and sent Dunn in to wreck shop and drop Rapinoe back.

Oh, and fuck that #4 spanish bitch.

It's nice being a favorite and bringing in major revenue to the tournament, you get mysterious calls on your favor. 

If you punch your dad in the face while watching men’s soccer, do you punch your mom in the face while watching women’s soccer? Or perhaps you just punch yourself in the vagina.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

It can't be said enough how bad Fox is at broadcasting this event. One analyst put the blame squarely on Sauerbrunn for the goal when it was a horrifically dumb decision by Naeher to play the ball there and for the love of god can networks stop letting Alexi Lalas talk about anything that isn't MLS or the USMNT? He's bad enough there but at least he played in MLS and for the USMNT. He's out of his depth talking about women's soccer and other men's soccer.

6 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

I did not see a reply of the first foul where US got a penalty kick.  I saw the second one and thought, when I first saw it, it was a BS call on Spain.  It looked to me as if she had gone for the ball first, not the shin/leg.

yes, but the end result was studs on her leg, and that's a penalty. it was soft, but it was a correct call.

and that's a clear handball on sweden

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

I did not see a reply of the first foul where US got a penalty kick.  I saw the second one and thought, when I first saw it, it was a BS call on Spain.  It looked to me as if she had gone for the ball first, not the shin/leg.

She went for the ball but that's not what matters. She missed the ball because she was late and she kicked our girl in the calf with her studs.

• Like 1