impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

@Brisketexan has been right - republicans are now the party of trump. there must be some real danger in the internal republican polling.

Yep.  There's two things in play.

First, the GOP base has gone full-on cult.  If Trump says it's good, they love it.  If he says it's bad, they hate it.  There are no guiding principles other than what Trump says.  SO, if local GOP official Jones gets on Trump's bad side, he knows that all Trump has to do is call him "human scum," and he's toast.  So, he goes overboard the opposite direction.  He slobbers all over Trump's knob without pausing for breath.

Second, Trump has kompromat on many senior GOP officials.  He either has ordinary embarrassing stuff (photos of Lindsay Graham romping with boys) or incriminating stuff (foreign money trails, etc. -- that's a smart play by a mobster, by the way: get people to join in your crime spree, and then remind them that they can't get out now, if you go down, THEY go down).  And that keeps folks like Lindsay in line.

The GOP is Trumpism.  That's all that's left.

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

you have nothing, so;

1) call me a racist

2)call me a nazi

or

3) claim the IQ high ground

That's your whole fucking game.

ummmm.....

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

He LITERALLY told you what to read, and you ignored it.

....yeah.

So, if you don't mind, I WILL claim the IQ high ground here.  I think the evidence supports me.

Don't worry. It's not exactly a gripping victory.  When you are pointed to EXACT evidence, and completely ignore it, a speed bump gives anyone else the "IQ high ground."

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

proof of illegal acts is being ignored?

uh, yes. it's plain as day.

hell, i would argue that obstructing congress's investigation by itself is a reason for removal. but we have a clear intent to have a foreign power interfere in our election process.

i know you'll never see it, because your eyes are so shaded by your disdain for democrats and liberals. 

it's stunning to me. what's so wrong with president pence? he's still a fucking republican. he'll still give you the judges you want.

you are aligned with donald fucking trump who is a fucking cartoon character criminal. you'll never live that down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

I ignored your interpretation of it.

What does that mean?  Have you read Sondland's testimony?  If you're a good American, you'll pay attention to his two amendments of his testimony after his memory was repeatedly "refreshed"?

Come on, let's discuss this, unless you just want to be thrown in the same trash heap with the other trolls.  I'm not trolling you. I want you to explain why Sondland's testimony is irrelevant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I ignored your interpretation of it.

English motherfucker, do you speak it?

“I never heard,” Sondland said, “anyone say that the investigations had to start, or had to be completed. The only thing I heard from Mr. Giuliani or otherwise, was that they had to be announced [publicly] in some form and that form kept changing.”

That's just one quote.  The only purpose here was ANNOUNCEMENT of an investigation, not actually conducting one.  That was ordered by TRUMP'S LEGAL AGENT.

If one of my client hires me to deliver an embezzlement demand and I do it (I wouldn't, because I'm not Rudy), the client doesn't get to say "hey, HE did it, not me, so I'm innocent."  Nope.  The law is and always has been clear.  If you direct an agent to commit a crime, you are liable for that crime as well.  It's how we've convicted every fucking mobster who sent out some muscle to kill a guy.

We could go on....but you'd ignore it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sachick said:

I wish someone would mention the 66 million votes for Clinton when they mention the overturning the vote of 63 million Americans.

It wouldn't matter if he got 129 million votes. Impeachment is there to remove an elected president. That's the point. Fuck all these guys.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If one of my client hires me to deliver an embezzlement demand and I do it (I wouldn't, because I'm not Rudy), the client doesn't get to say "hey, HE did it, not me, so I'm innocent."  Nope.  The law is and always has been clear.  If you direct an agent to commit a crime, you are liable for that crime as well.  It's how we've convicted every fucking mobster who sent out some muscle to kill a guy.

This leads me to one of the more infuriating aspects of the Republicans' tactics:  that somehow, the Democrats' disdain for President Trump has them looking for crimes, and they're only bringing these articles because they want him out.

Let's take that at face value:  let's assume that's exactly the case.  If the FBI wants to bring down Al Capone, and they take a clever, efficient and relatively bulletproof angle by hitting him with charges of tax evasion, a crime he was guilty of, does that somehow diminish the value of the prosecution?  Does the commission of a crime while someone is already under investigation mean that crime can't be prosecuted?

No, of course not.  Just say it, Democrats.  "Hell yeah, we want him out of office, he is a threat to our Republic.  He abused the power of his office and we're bringing the articles of impeachment accordingly."

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

This leads me to one of the more infuriating aspects of the Republican tactics:  that somehow, the Democrats' disdain from President Trump has them looking for crimes, and they're only bringing these articles because they want him out.

Let's take that at face value:  let's assume that's exactly the case.  If the FBI wants to bring down Al Capone, and they take the clever angle by hitting him with tax evasion, a crime he was guilty of, does that somehow diminish the value of the prosecution?  Does the commission of a crime while someone is already under investigation mean that crime can't be prosecuted?

No, of course not.  Just say it, Democrats.  "Hell yeah, we want him out of office, he is a threat to our Republic.  He abused the power of his office and we're bringing the articles of impeachment accordingly."

Yep.  The Rs tried this exact same tactic with Obama, but what's that?  Oh, he was actually a non-criminal.  Sorry you assholes elected an actual criminal and a dumbass motherfucker to boot.  Sucks to be you.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We could go on....but you'd ignore it.

I was fucked up to post in here this morning. I do believe we will very seldom ever agree on politics.  I know this.

My apologies. I was wrong to stir the pot.

Out.

• Fuck You 1

Thank you @jimmyjazz for that point.

Rep Biggs from Arizona called everyone a liar-whistleblower, Sciff, et al. That is now in the record. Should this GOP rep get re-elected then that really ought to be a talking point. 

Note: Rep Demings is underrated. AND she is from Florida, what a juxtaposition: her and Gaetz. 

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i'm honestly not one that stands for over-formality, but his refusal to put on a jacket is telling of his character.

As you know, it's an appeal to his base.  He's cultivating an image of being hard-working, no frills kind of guy, and as an aside, his wrasslin' muscles are still to big to be constrained.

16 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It's been proven by overwhelming evidence as has obstruction. But, if you're just going to ignore facts and evidence, yeah, I can see how you'd think otherwise. 

Slorch, like 100% of current Republicans, is fundamentally dishonest.  They lack the capacity to be honest with themselves and others.  It is a defect which, for the most part, is unlikely to ever be cured.  

• Like 1

Ah, now Louie is lying.  Hey Louie, the Ukrainians knew the aid had been withheld.  They communicated this by email ON THE SAME DAY OF THE TRUMP PHONE CALL.

Fucking liars.  I find that to be the single worst character flaw -- an ability to just lie without flinching.

• Like 1

I was fucked up to post in here this morning. I do believe we will very seldom ever agree on politics.  I know this.
My apologies. I was wrong to stir the pot.
Out.

Why do you Trumpkins always tap out when someone challenges your opinions with facts and evidence?

Buncha damn snowflake pussies.
  • Like 5

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Now the R's are taking the angle of discrediting Sondland.  You know, Trump's boy.

i mean, it was obvious that a lot of sondland's "forgetting" was protection of trump. only when other testimony came out discrediting his "forgetting" did he come in and "amend" his testimony. he was covering for trump and got caught, and it could not be more obvious.

but, whatever.

continue the dishonesty, republicans, it's a good look.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ah, now Louie is lying.  Hey Louie, the Ukrainians knew the aid had been withheld.  They communicated this by email ON THE SAME DAY OF THE TRUMP PHONE CALL.

Fucking liars.  I find that to be the single worst character flaw -- an ability to just lie without flinching.

Louie needs to spend some time in a snitches get stitches neighborhood to understand victim mentality a little better. 

Oh wait, he is in one of those gerrymandered Districts, ah well. 

When the pubs say that the Ukranian president said "No Pressure" as evidence, I would love for someone to respond that if you allow me to put a loaded gun to your head right now, I bet I can get you to say anything I want as well...maybe even something negative about Dotard.

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i mean, it was obvious that a lot of sondland's "forgetting" was protection of trump. only when other testimony came out discrediting his "forgetting" did he come in and "amend" his testimony. he was covering for trump and got caught, and it could not be more obvious.

but, whatever.

continue the dishonesty, republicans, it's a good look.

He also said numerous times that he couldnt remember because he didnt have access to his notes and records from the state dept.  

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

How does Nadler sit next to Collins and not turn and smack him in the face when he is done talking.... err lying to the American people.  That is some restraint right there.

allegedly a lot of these people are actually friends outside of the chamber. there's no way i could be friends with any of these lying, dissembling fuckers who call themselves republicans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I just googled for the Ukraine call memo and the whitehouse.gov link to the PDF reads literally "Transcript!!!" This administration so bombastic that I have a hard time believing that this is our reality, right now.

And the first line under the link literally says in bold: MEMORANDUM OF THE TELEPHONE CONVERSATION

mcclintock says the president can ask a foreign power to investigate corruption. however, he didn't want the investigation, he wanted just the announcement of such. and he withheld approved aid until they did so. 

problem is, he got caught and had to subsequently put forth the aid.