That's just good clean fun down in La Vernia

relapse98

Four former La Vernia High School students previously charged with sexual assault in connection with an athletics hazing scandal exposed in 2017 have now been indicted on new charges more than two years later.

Norman's indictment state he "attempted to cause the penetration of a (juvenile's) anus" with a cardboard rod and shampoo bottle on separate occasions and that he also attempted to put a CO2 air bottle into a child's anus.

You sick little monkey.

What is wrong with these people? What is wrong with the adults that let it happen?

How does a person, particularly an man, not intervene? It's like Baylor all over again. How do people sleep at night if they heard a kid screaming and did nothing? The coach in this story, if the accusations are true, is an accomplice as far as I'm concerned. He should go under the jail.

These rapists need to go away for a long time.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

What the fuck is it with shoving things in peoples asses for "hazing"? I just don't get it

Unfortunately, one or more of them likely had something unwillingly shoves in their asses as a child.  

Doesnt make it any less fucked up.  I can’t even imagine shit like this 

Edited by Trey3216

If you've never been to La Vernia, they somehow have incredibly nice facilities for a 4A school. They make Wimberley look like a 2A school.

Yet they've run through several football coaches in recent years.  The latest one bailed to take a job at 3A Yoakum last summer when this came out.

If you've never been to La Vernia, they somehow have incredibly nice facilities for a 4A school. They make Wimberley look like a 2A school.
Yet they've run through several football coaches in recent years.  The latest one bailed to take a job at 3A Yoakum last summer when this came out.

Many of those smaller town schools have nice facilities in that area thanks to Eagle Ford tax revenue. When the money was really flowing in a few years ago, the ISDs went on a building spree. Talking about new stadiums, turf fields for football, baseball and softball., new gyms and classrooms.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

What is wrong with these people? What is wrong with the adults that let it happen?

How does a person, particularly an man, not intervene? It's like Baylor all over again. How do people sleep at night if they heard a kid screaming and did nothing? The coach in this story, if the accusations are true, is an accomplice as far as I'm concerned. He should go under the jail.

These rapists need to go away for a long time.

Mount Vernon will end up hiring this coach as assistant AD/communications director. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Fracking money can just ruin an ISD.

My parents go to church in La Vernia, so...

La Vernia used to be just a small south Texas town, now it is basically a suburb of SA.

Fuck those douche bags. Hope they get some jail time out of this. Also, hope they get to be sex offenders the rest of their lives 

the hallettsville baseball team is going thru the same thing. Had the hazing happened in halletsville it would have 100% been swept under the rug. Happened at an out of town tournament and they coach / players will face charges

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Many of those smaller town schools have nice facilities in that area thanks to Eagle Ford tax revenue. When the money was really flowing in a few years ago, the ISDs went on a building spree. Talking about new stadiums, turf fields for football, baseball and softball., new gyms and classrooms.

Is La Vernia in the Eagle Ford territory?  It seems like they've had that big nice football stadium since before fracking.  I've seen Three Rivers, so I know exactly what you're talking about.

53 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Fuck those douche bags. Hope they get some jail time out of this. Also, hope they get to be sex offenders the rest of their lives 

the hallettsville baseball team is going thru the same thing. Had the hazing happened in halletsville it would have 100% been swept under the rug. Happened at an out of town tournament and they coach / players will face charges

Holy shit, I hadn't heard about this: https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/counties/lavaca/hallettsville-parents-outraged-about-charges-against-educators/article_27b66320-6c29-11e9-9372-fbbb4922d3ef.html

And basically exactly what you described: https://www.crossroadstoday.com/news/texas-news/3-texas-school-officials-failed-to-report-abuse-case/1074182349

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Is La Vernia in the Eagle Ford territory?  It seems like they've had that big nice football stadium since before fracking.  I've seen Three Rivers, so I know exactly what you're talking about.

It's kind of on the very edge of what was a pretty active area a few years back.  Maybe not so much with drilling activity in their own ISD, but  with support services.   Karnes City and Kennedy are close by and anyone who traveled US 181 or SH 123 or 80 back then and was not driving an 18 wheeler put their lives in jeopardy.   It's died down compared to those years, but recently it's picked back up.  

Yes Three Rivers, Pleasanton, among a few others really fixed up their facilities thanks to that extra tax money coming in.  When my kids high school baseball started using Three Rivers as neutral site for playoffs against some of the San Antonio/Hill Country area teams,  I was like why until I saw they had a turf field.   Those venues are golden during baseball and softball playoffs, especially if both  teams are doing a best of three with the weather being very unpredictable in May.  

• Like 1