Nearly half of young people aren't using deodorant

Beau Vine

On 6/18/2019 at 5:51 PM, 0xdeadbeef said:

2) You date girls with BO fetishes. 

WIAK.gif

On 6/18/2019 at 6:27 PM, Armybrat said:

One of my sons (age 48) has not used deodorant nor antiperspirant in at least 15 years. But then again he is a South Austin hippie.

probably drives a Vanagon

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

The beauty of summer is that you can substitute a 2nd shower with a dip in the pool. 

About 20 years ago, while living in LA, I would jump in the pool immediately after work every single day.  I still put deodorant on every morning and washed my hair every 2 to 3 days, but didn't shower for a full month.  I asked the guy that I worked with after not taking a shower that long if he noticed a stench.  He did not, and he would absolutely have told me immediately if I stunk.

TLDR Pools eat pieces of shit for breakfast

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 4:16 AM, 3adays said:

I had this done about 5 years ago and really don’t need to wear deodorant anymore. If you want to get rid of sweaty pits altogether I’d recommend it. 

https://www.miradry.com/free-consultation/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIioSg6LT14gIVgfhkCh37Jw1CEAAYBCAAEgI2K_D_BwE

Can I get this on my balls?  I live in AZ and I’m told talc give you cancer so I’m looking for options.  

On 6/19/2019 at 10:09 PM, Helobious said:

I shower once a day, at night. I get showering 2-3 times a day if you want to dry & wrinkle up the fuck out of your skin and ruin your hair though. To each his own.

Twice a day every day in Houston...for the past 16 years.  Ain’t nobody drying out either.

Now I live in West Texas.  One shower a day is sufficient.  Dry as fuck and lotion is necessary.

2 vastly different climates and in H-town, I hated that sweaty feeling after work and 2nd shower actually made me feel refreshed and halfway able to relax.

2 showers daily here in Houston,3 if I cut the grass or something midday. I wash my hair each time.  I wear deodorant because I’m not homeless.  I thought this was normal - I can’t imagine laying down at night without a shower. 

My only anecdotal story was an engineer I used to work with. This dude smelled like no other. He was about 25 but looked just like Nick Cage in leaving Las Vegas.  HR had to have several talks with him and he just never changed.  Couldn’t take him within 100’ of a client.  He used to sleep for hours in the shitters.  We would slam the shitter doors to wake him up.  I can’t describe the smell but I can still smell it.  I’ll never forget I was pointing out a mistake on a dwg he brought me and he was leaning over my desk looking at it, and this chunk of dandruff/staph fell out his greasy hair onto the dwg. I just stared at him, like wtf man; never even phased him.  Dude was married with a little baby.  I can’t believe he didn’t have MRSA.  I honestly believe there are homeless that smelled better than this guy.  The whole situation is unbelievable. Garauntee  @utxmike05 remembers him, and the smell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to have super sweaty pits in my early 20s. I couldn't wear gray or colors really because you could just see the wet spot.  In my late 20s I switched from antiperspirant to just deodorant and soon after the sweat stopped.  Recently I tried the natural stuff, it's like Coco butter, coconut oil and baking soda and some smelly stuff.  It actually works really well if I'm in side all day.  If I'm out in the heat I have to re apply.  

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Twice a day every day in Houston...for the past 16 years.  Ain’t nobody drying out either.

Now I live in West Texas.  One shower a day is sufficient.  Dry as fuck and lotion is necessary.

2 vastly different climates and in H-town, I hated that sweaty feeling after work and 2nd shower actually made me feel refreshed and halfway able to relax.

When did you leave Conroe? What general part of West Texas do you live in now? I was just posting in another thread about maybe trying to get back out there and away from Austin. I'm getting less and less tolerant of the heat/humidity/crowds/traffic here. Just going to HEB has become a tremendous pain in the ass.

Amarillo.

I miss the hell outta HEB.  Pretty much everything is cheaper out here...except groceries.

Already digging the difference in climate.Fuck humidity.  Fuck hurricanes.

Hail 4seasons.

20 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

If he can afford South Austin, he’s not a hippie, unless he’s homeless.

He certainly is a hippie.... long hair, tats, sandals, and used to drive a VW camper van. Even had dreds at one point. Is a vegan on top of that.

He bought his house south of St. Elmo school 16 years ago for well under $100k. He is a house renovator by trade, but got a CC diploma in biology before dropping out of the education race 26 years ago.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Amarillo.

I miss the hell outta HEB.  Pretty much everything is cheaper out here...except groceries.

Already digging the difference in climate.Fuck humidity.  Fuck hurricanes.

Hail 4seasons.

Congrats! One of my coworkers just announced she's taking a position in Amarillo, starting in August for all the same reasons. They're doing a lot of cool stuff downtown, but I haven't seen the new minor league ballpark yet. It was still under construction when I was there last summer. Go Sod Poodles!

Agreed about United being a poor replacement for HEB, but they do have their Market Street knock-off of Central Market, which is nice...

We went to Sod Poodles vs CC Hooks game at Hodgetown on Easter weekend.  It is a beautiful park.

Yeah, there a bunch of eateries and bars around the ballpark area.  You can tell it is on the verge of some good growth of fun times.

You say that a day after tornadoes slammed the area..

That Amarillo construction is something else. I can get from Spring to DT Houston quicker than I could drive I40 from Grand to Soncy. It’s like the I35 clusterfuck x2.

Get your booze at M&R.

8 minutes ago, Coyote said:

You say that a day after tornadoes slammed the area..

That Amarillo construction is something else. I can get from Spring to DT Houston quicker than I could drive I40 from Grand to Soncy. It’s like the I35 clusterfuck x2.

Get your booze at M&R.

I like M&R, for sure.  Found them about 5 min after I got  here.

That run down I40 aint shit compared to Houston.  Not even remotely close. 

Hell, there was traffic stuck at a light coming up 287  in Quanah from Wichita Falls today because of 3 trucks with the windmill blades making a left hand turn onto 287 .  

I jumped one block over and jogged down past the clogged traffic and headed back on my merry way up 287.  That’s the most traffic issues I’ve faced in 2 months.