Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

5 minutes ago, Cameltoe said:

If Texas were to face Georgia Tech on a neutral court today, the spread would be -9 for Texas. So the argument that these two teams are similar in strength sucks almost as much as Oklahoma does.

I'd bet GT to beat UT regardless of the court, but wouldn't be surprised to see UT beat them, and I've been a fan of Shaka since day one.  

He's so far in over his head. He is a horrible X's and O's coach.  He's going to coach himself out of a job within 2 seasons, unless he hires some smart assistant coaches (which he had at VCU).  

2 minutes ago, Cameltoe said:

No, but them being 78th in the country may well explain why Banks can get 25 minutes per game on that team but not here at Texas.

I'm done with this. You are a smart guy and I realize you are just needling me here. Fuck off.

yeah, that's the ticket. james banks wasn't good enough to play for Texas, but Jericho Sims is. 

I think cameltoe calling out TxSooner on his math might be the best comment in this thread. 

Oh, that and also that he thinks Texas is the 30th best team in the country. I feel like I'm on TexAgs.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 2:04 PM, Dbeasy said:

As someone who usually preaches patience on evaluating coaches, it’s ridiculous that he’s being defended at this point. There is just no data that suggests he’s a good coach. In fact, almost every data point suggests the opposite:

1. His limited coaching success before Texas
2. His team’s shooting
3. His team’s rebounding
4. His team’s offensive production
5. His in game personnel decisions
6. His strange player rotation patterns
7. His lack of demonstration of x and o knowledge
8. His handling of player issues.
9. His team’s poor play against highly inferior opponents.
10. His inability to turn around the program quickly, when that happens all the time in basketball.

He has done two things well: recruiting and his teams occasionally play good defense.

I still advocate giving him the rest of the year to demonstrate a turnaround because his recruiting has been so good he deserves the chance. But by year end, if we are still seeing poor performance, he should be gone. In the meantime, it’s totally fair to rip him.

I’m sure you’re now gonna tell me you were never on board with the hire and you were one of 1% that weren’t on board

first off, the fans will not be coming out to "support shaka", as if the whole fan base believes in him and is going to rally around him today, fuckin carry him off the court on their shoulders should we beat the mighty red raiders. second, TTU is only -1 and KenPom has this as a one point game, so nobody should be surprised if we win. and third, a saturday matinee vs a top 10 team used to be and should be a total sellout. i'll be surprised if that's the case today. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

If you don’t support Shaka, and think the best thing for Texas basketball and it’s players is for him to be fired after this season, then winning the game today would clearly run counter to the interests of this program and it’s players. Would be illogical to show up and support the team today if that is the case, imo. 

49 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

If you don’t support Shaka, and think the best thing for Texas basketball and it’s players is for him to be fired after this season, then winning the game today would clearly run counter to the interests of this program and it’s players. Would be illogical to show up and support the team today if that is the case, imo. 

are you and a'dam psycho the same person? both support shaka, both are pissy towards anyone who doesn't support shaka, and both deal in hypotheticals which nobody besides themselves is even entertaining. 

calling mentally ill people psycho is totally cool. definitely a laughing matter. do you perhaps have a loved one who lost a foot to diabetes who i can make fun of for their limp? 

in all honesty onboard, you offer less than nothing to this forum, and you and your cliquish band of trolls who obsess about me over in bellmont are beyond pathetic. my name is constantly in your mouth which is hilarious to me, because i never even think about you or converse with you because you're such a nothing poster, and yet every time i look up there you are talking down on me. sad. you came over here because shaka broke up with you, and i think it would be a great idea if the two of you left together, sooner rather than later. 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

calling mentally ill people psycho is totally cool. definitely a laughing matter. do you perhaps have a loved one who lost a foot to diabetes who i can make fun of for their limp? 

in all honesty onboard, you offer less than nothing to this forum, and you and your cliquish band of trolls who obsess about me over in bellmont are beyond pathetic. my name is constantly in your mouth which is hilarious to me, because i never even think about you or converse with you because you're such a nothing poster, and yet every time i look up there you are talking down on me. sad. you came over here because shaka broke up with you, and i think it would be a great idea if the two of you left together, sooner rather than later. 

Owww.........  You have zero filters for reality in your crazy little brain. Do you see anyone for your anger management issues ?

again, you continue to constantly talk down on me unprovoked, you talk shit about my mental illness unprovoked, you and your little sewing circle are incessantly talking about me and what i'm doing over in bellmont, and yet you somehow don't see that this makes *you* the asshole, or the psycho, or the drama queen. it's an astounding lack of self awareness. i don't ever say anything to or about you, and yet for some reason my name is always in your mouth. it's pathetic.  

Edited by Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

again, you continue to constantly talk down on me unprovoked, you talk shit about my mental illness unprovoked, you and your little sewing circle are incessantly talking about me and what i'm doing over in bellmont, and yet you somehow don't see that this makes *you* the asshole, or the psycho, or the drama queen. it's an astounding lack of self awareness. i don't ever say anything to or about you, and yet for some reason my name is always in your mouth. it's pathetic.  

Stop making yourself the center of attention. I comment on your posts when they cross that line of normal to frothing, and my last post was more sarcasm than anything, you have transparent skin and any time anyone says anything to you you go off.

This web site is filled with people who make sarcastic comments to each other. That you take them so personally is why you get the attention you get.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Stop making yourself the center of attention. I comment on your posts when they cross that line of normal to frothing, and my last post was more sarcasm than anything, you have transparent skin and any time anyone says anything to you you go off.

This web site is filled with people who make sarcastic comments to each other. That you take them so personally is why you get the attention you get.

Honestly though, baiting Derka on a basketball thread is a fucking beating to watch. It’s bottomfeeding level shit as a form of entertainment. You don’t have high ground with him. Just shut the fuck about it and let’s go back to running the piece of shit head basketball coach down. 

• Like 2

Just now, Machinator said:

It's unanimous now, unless greggym still believes.

It's a matter of playing out the string, whether it's this season or this season plus the next.

There's no next one.  Who's on the short list and who's realistic?  

I was kind of a hold out....I wasn't crazy about this guy, but I figured the "fire him now" thing was typical message board pablum....and he seemed to be bringing in players that I never thought would come here...ever.

fuck that...this is impossible to watch...I don't know much about this game, but at some point you need to put the ball into the basket.  We fucking are fucking terrible and this isn't getting any better at all. 

That fucking Tech team has some excitement to it and they are deservedly showing up for their team, even on the road, and loving their season.  We don't do that here, and you couldn't pay me to follow this team on the road....everything I do is something else better to do. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

How about the whining after we don’t make the tournament and he’s not fired?

Post season is the minimum requirement here at Texas that's why we don't have 100 different varsity sports.  

Shaka is done. He's got the right mix of seniors and underclassmen in the lineup and still can't at least have them be Top-3 in the conference. It might not happen this year or even next year but I think we all know he's not the answer by now. It's only a matter of when

• immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic