The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

21 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Maybe it’s just me but I’d spend the money to get a Gibson. Because it will always be a Gibson.

Not if you don't have the extra money for a Gibson. I'd love to have a used one but i have no clue what to look out for with used guitars. 

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Well, likely it will be in better shape than anything on the wall at Guitar Center.

Well, you say that, there's one for sale for $700 that was beat to shit. I'll have to see if i can find it.

But i think that guy said local sale only and he was in North Carolina. 

13 minutes ago, Goredho said:

If you are due a midlife crisis, just tell her it was this or hookers and blow.

Well, she DID tell me to go ahead and get my midlife crisis Porsche, So I guess she’s getting off easy  

Plus all the coin we’re dropping down for this vacation could may for 4-5 of these  

22 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Well, she DID tell me to go ahead and get my midlife crisis Porsche, So I guess she’s getting off easy  

Plus all the coin we’re dropping down for this vacation could may for 4-5 of these  

Both great arguments.  Tell her you decided against the Porsche so you're going to buy the equivalent in guitars/amps/pedals.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

Your choices were a Les Paul or a Porsche? I am sorry, but you picked the wrong option. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

“What? I’ve had that.”

Yeah. That one didn’t work before.

I bought an Edwards Les Paul several years ago. I took it out one night thinking she was already asleep. She woke up, walked past me, did a double take and asked “new guitar?” I said yup and went back to sleep. She notices these things.

1 hour ago, topochico said:

Your choices were a Les Paul or a Porsche? I am sorry, but you picked the wrong option. 

To be fair. Porsche would have been something I got when I’m 50. Still got 3 more years to go. We’re “only” going to do 2 renovations (solar panels and bathrooms) in the next couple of years, so the Porsche budget should be replenished. 

Superhero absolutely crushing the humblebrags

These brags, they aren’t of the most humble variety.

That said, if you can sneak in a few guitars AND still have the political capital to get the Porsche, then Godspeed, my friend!

In a weird way, I think i could get “permission” to buy the car more easily than more music shit right now. My wife noticed a CYMBAL lying against the wall BEHIND a drum kit in a room she very rarely goes in and made a comment about “kids, Christmas, etc.”

It’s gear-DAR they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/21/2021 at 3:49 PM, Buzzrock said:

The torch is passing. She picked it up recently and she’s the same age I was when I started (15). She plays piano well and reads music which is more than I could do at that age. I think I’m going to give her my first guitar (30+ year old Yamaha acoustic) for Christmas.

d41833017d5b2df130d3603ddb8b3153.jpg

Is your daughter afraid of flying? Because I noticed she took off her shoes and socks, making fists with her toes. 

• Haha 3

On 12/22/2021 at 8:39 PM, ohchaucer said:

These brags, they aren’t of the most humble variety.

That said, if you can sneak in a few guitars AND still have the political capital to get the Porsche, then Godspeed, my friend!

In a weird way, I think i could get “permission” to buy the car more easily than more music shit right now. My wife noticed a CYMBAL lying against the wall BEHIND a drum kit in a room she very rarely goes in and made a comment about “kids, Christmas, etc.”

It’s gear-DAR they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my wife doesn't like my truck because she "can't" drive it. yesterday we did round 4 of "i read a thing about how used car prices are crazy high you should sell your truck and get a new car" "they're crazy high because new car prices are crazy high because of the chips because of covid" "oh what do you think about subarus"

I do actually think I could sneak a new guitar in and she wouldn't notice if it wasn't like a bo diddley or something. however, she would notice a new case within 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Hey, I have 3 acoustics I need to re-string, two dreadnoughts and a jumbo.  I'm pretty sure I've always used the same gauge John Pearce phosphor bronze strings on all 3 guitars, but I don't have any packages left and I can't remember what I used.  It was one of the most popular gauge sets -- I'm thinking 600L "Light"?  Is that the biggest seller?

Yeah, yeah, they've been hanging around the house for a few years on old strings, it's not like I'm playing them out and as luck would have it, memory tends to fade as one, uh, "ages".  Sue me.

Hey, I have 3 acoustics I need to re-string, two dreadnoughts and a jumbo.  I'm pretty sure I've always used the same gauge John Pearce phosphor bronze strings on all 3 guitars, but I don't have any packages left and I can't remember what I used.  It was one of the most popular gauge sets -- I'm thinking 600L "Light"?  Is that the biggest seller?
Yeah, yeah, they've been hanging around the house for a few years on old strings, it's not like I'm playing them out and as luck would have it, memory tends to fade as one, uh, "ages".  Sue me.

I could probably help you better if there were more pics.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2