Jump to content

The Guitar Pron Thread


Celery Man

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Deej

    2028

  • DougO

    1011

  • Chad Fuck

    1484

  • tbone_

    1245

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:


Anyone else would look like an idiot playing that guitar. He made it look cool as hell. Love Dime.

Love that guitar but yes, i wouldn't look cool one damn bit playing that one. Pretty sure he won that guitar at the first guitar competition he ever entered. At least that's the story i heard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Deej said:

Wow that bass ❤️❤️ not sure on the guard came with the guitar. 

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Would you know where a person could purchase a pickguard like this?

Gold back w/ Clear front

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any must-see guitar/music stores, venues or shrines in the Orlando, Florida area?  Here for the next week, and I’ll be dammed if I let that fucking mouse take all my money.

Narrator: The mouse did, in fact, take all his money.

Edited by Goredho
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Any must-see guitar/music stores, venues or shrines in the Orlando, Florida area?  Here for the next week, and I’ll be dammed if I let that fucking mouse take all my money.

Narrator: The mouse did, in fact, take all his money.

I’ll be in Jacksonville with a free day tomorrow same question

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

Any must-see guitar/music stores, venues or shrines in the Orlando, Florida area?  Here for the next week, and I’ll be dammed if I let that fucking mouse take all my money.

Narrator: The mouse did, in fact, take all his money.

629b63.jpg

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of orange guitars, I've wanted one of these bad boys since I saw it on the cover of Neck & Neck, the Chet Atkins/Mark Knopfler record.  It's definitely in the mix for next guitar.  It's an interesting hybrid of traditionally Grestch features in a Gibson package.  That could go totally wrong, yet because it's Chet, it went so right.  

eubv1gezhlnb9x3t1jkm.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/44647447-gibson-chet-atkins-country-gentleman

 

We're definitely in "Gentleman Guitar Picker" category with this one.  Perhaps it would be a nice alternative/compliment to say, an ES-175 or ES-335.  

  • Drool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of orange guitars, I've wanted one of these bad boys since I saw it on the cover of Neck & Neck, the Chet Atkins/Mark Knopfler record.  It's definitely in the mix for next guitar.  It's an interesting hybrid of traditionally Grestch features in a Gibson package.  That could go totally wrong, yet because it's Chet, it went so right.  
eubv1gezhlnb9x3t1jkm.jpg
https://reverb.com/item/44647447-gibson-chet-atkins-country-gentleman
 
We're definitely in "Gentleman Guitar Picker" category with this one.  Perhaps it would be a nice alternative/compliment to say, an ES-175 or ES-335.  
Its got the Gretsch "Neo-Classic" fretmarkers, but not the pickups! Good looking guitar.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought I'd drop this here.  Pretty cool concept with a Texas connection, but apparently only 25 people will get to enjoy firsthand. I'd be interested to see some Surly musician reaction to this guitar.

 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Thought I'd drop this here.  Pretty cool concept with a Texas connection, but apparently only 25 people will get to enjoy firsthand. I'd be interested to see some Surly musician reaction to this guitar.

 

Expensive, but the nerd in me is impressed with the design. 

FCC88706-D256-4884-88EA-829B85B51103_1_201_a.jpeg

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Thought I'd drop this here.  Pretty cool concept with a Texas connection, but apparently only 25 people will get to enjoy firsthand. I'd be interested to see some Surly musician reaction to this guitar.

 

Single pickup guitars have always made me wonder why someone has not made a sliding position lock for the pickup.  Maybe because it would be hard to accomplish without allowing vibration that might negatively affect tone?  Or our brains are kind of married to traditional guitar aesthetics?  Maybe its just bad business considering they have us buying N guitars chasing the varied tones we want to hear?

It just seems like from a purely functional standpoint, I should be able to unlock the pickup, slide it wherever I want between the bridge and neck, lock it back down and start playing with a new tone.  Extra points if the pickup could be popped out and replaced with a different style pickup without changing strings like this guitar.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Thought I'd drop this here.  Pretty cool concept with a Texas connection, but apparently only 25 people will get to enjoy firsthand. I'd be interested to see some Surly musician reaction to this guitar.

 

This looks badass.  A two pup has to be the next in development.  Pretty danged cool.  I’ve seen this idea since the 70s Dan Armstrong lucite guitars, but they always had some limiting factor.  Like you had to by the Dan Armstrong pups, or there was a lot of mucking about with the electronics.  But this looks like easy plug and play and that’s the way to a guitar players heart. But if any wives out there see this the next question is going to be “then why do you need all these guitars?”

My guess is the ltd edition is just to drum up interest before they come up with their "for the masses" model, right?

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

This looks badass.  A two pup has to be the next in development.  Pretty danged cool.  I’ve seen this idea since the 70s Dan Armstrong lucite guitars, but they always had some limiting factor.  Like you had to by the Dan Armstrong pups, or there was a lot of mucking about with the electronics.  But this looks like easy plug and play and that’s the way to a guitar players heart. But if any wives out there see this the next question is going to be “then why do you need all these guitars?”

My guess is the ltd edition is just to drum up interest before they come up with their "for the masses" model, right?

Already exists. Let us know when you get a shipping number.

https://reverb.com/item/28939055-wild-customs-gyrock

80A242FF-DE64-48D0-9E79-EB486DE27933.jpeg

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...