Odessa - Active Shooter

Neonmoon

I know it’s cliched and CR territory, but I feel inclined to post this every fuckin time I see a thread about mass shootings...just pushing me more towards a dark place where I don’t care about the 2nd amendment right now and just want it to stop, can figure out the details later   spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

I know it’s cliched and CR territory, but I feel inclined to post this every fuckin time I see a thread about mass shootings...just pushing me more towards a dark place where I don’t care about the 2nd amendment right now and just want it to stop, can figure out the details later   spacer.png

I'm sorry, maybe I missed it. whats the stock ticker for "caring about other people"? Hope we are at the bottom cuz I am ready to jump on that. 

2 hours ago, Longhorn said:

Last place I’d do a mass shooting is in a Home Depot in West Texas. There had to have been 20-25 CHL guys in that store. No?

Probably not. Only 3.83% of Ector County residents have a CHL, and it’s unlikely that all of them carry a weapon at all times. Besides, Ector County is not all that different from other Texas counties: Tarrant and Harris county percentages are 3.69% and 3.14%, respectively.

22 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Believe it or not, this was unrelated to shooter. Once shit started hitting the fan a bunch of  fuckstains decided to come out and pull some shit. It was chaos because law enforcement couldn't figure out if all the other shit going down was directly connected to the shooter. So kinda like the video on the first page where the guy says he should go steal some shit towards the end, apparently a bunch of sorry fucks had the same thought and acted on it.

To the people saying its a bad idea to go into Home Depot and wondering about CHL holders and all of that- he did all of this while in a moving vehicle except for when he stopped and killed the USPS lady for her mail van in a residential neighborhood. I'm not sure how many of you are unfortunate enough to have visited Odessa but nearly all of the places he shot at are along the main road that connects Midland to Odessa and feeds to all of the stores and most busy shopping centers. Home Depot, Twin Peaks, the dealership where people were shot, the movie theater Cinergy- where he ended up being killed and probably would've gone inside shooting it up given the chance- all pretty much on the same road and within 3 or 4 miles of one another. There are a few spots where he veered off and shot indiscriminately-15 crime scenes total and all but one shooting done from his vehicle I think.

So it probably didn't matter how many CHL holders or 'good guys with guns' there were because he was shooting from either his truck or the mail van

• Like 3

Texas tough guys now batting 1 for 18 in the last 18 mass shootings in Texas since 1966.  Only once in that span from '66-'19 has a mass shooter been taken out by someone who was not law enforcement or suicide.  1 for 18 DAN!  That's .056.  That's well below the Mendoza line, which is probably the surname of the guy you were hoping committed this massacre.  Go fuck yourself, you fucking child.  

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Texas tough guys now batting 1 for 18 in the last 18 mass shootings in Texas since 1966.  Only once in that span from '66-'19 has a mass shooter been taken out by someone who was not law enforcement or suicide.  1 for 18 DAN!  That's .056.  That's well below the Mendoza line, which is probably the surname of the guy you were hoping committed this massacre.  Go fuck yourself, you fucking child.  

Making guns illegal ain't gonna stop it either, no matter how much the bleedin hearts insist that it will.  It's illogical as fuck and not remotely applicable as a viable solution...

but I guess it sounds good to them...

people who don't follow the law, don't follow the law.  weird, huh?

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

"Still a higher percentage than making murder illegal."  I'll admit it's been a long day, and I'm sure you're going somewhere clever, but I'm not seeing the nuance here.  

Isn't "Making Murder Illegal" already a done deal?  I wasn't calling for "guns" to be made illegal, but I'm pretty sure Murder being Made Illegal was taken care of during one of the first breakout sessions.  Maybe after the networking happy hour, but certainly during the first day of the conference.  I mean, unless you count the day before which was basically just load-in for the exhibitors and that side golf round for the platinum sponsors, but it was certainly handled during the first plenary day.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

"Still a higher percentage than making murder illegal."  I'll admit it's been a long day, and I'm sure you're going somewhere clever, but I'm not seeing the nuance here.  

Isn't "Making Murder Illegal" already a done deal?  I wasn't calling for "guns" to be made illegal, but I'm pretty sure Murder being Made Illegal was taken care of during one of the first breakout sessions.  Maybe after the networking happy hour, but certainly during the first day of the conference.  I mean, unless you count the day before which was basically just load-in for the exhibitors and that side golf round for the platinum sponsors, but it was certainly handled during the first plenary day.

so what WAS your point...that CHL owners aren't overzealous in taking the law into their own hands?

You want more Rambos?  Not gonna happen...

Edited by Iceman
  • Fuck You 1

A small percentage of them can be overzealous in taking the law into their own hands, yes.  

And admittedly, the CHL platform and legality has changed, for good and bad, a great deal since 1966.  But in a state with now 19 mass shootings since Whitman/UT Tower, with so many packing folks that consider themselves agents of the Lord, with ice in their veins, and eagle vision accuracy in their eyes, it's incredible to me that the state where you'd most expect to have these things snuffed out by do gooders, has the lowest shooting percentage in the league.  Even worse than the Knicks.  

Police last month: "Well, can you describe the man that threatened you and where he lives?"
Neighbor:  "White male, in his 30's.  He's out here in the country near us...here's the location."

Police last month: "We can't find it on our GPS.  Call us back if something else happens."

Neighbor: "Did I say White?  I mean possibly Black."  (sirens whaling before sentence is finished) 

The mail carrier that was killed, I guess she called her twin sister when the shooting started or something, and the twin sister heard her being murdered.  Ughh.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/01/us/west-texas-mass-shooting-victims/index.html

One of the victims was a 15 year-old who had just celebrated her quinceañera a few months before, 

On Saturday, Hernandez stood next to her brother Nathan as he collected the keys to a truck he'd saved up for. Also with them was their 9-year-old brother, their mother, and their mother's boyfriend.

As they walked out of the dealership, the gunman drove past and shot them.

Nathan was hit in the arm. Leilah was hit in the shoulder, near her collarbone, and bled to death as they waited 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive, her grandmother told the Washington Post.

"Help me, help me," Leilah cried while dying, according to her grandmother.

Joseph Griffith was driving with his wife and two children when he was shot and killed on Saturday, his sister Carla Byrne told the Washington Post.

"This maniac pulled up next to him and shot him, took away his life, murdered my baby brother. Like nothing," she said.

The 17 month-old

The toddler, Anderson Davis, was sitting in her carseat next to her twin brother when the gunman shot at her family's car

2 hours ago, SKJ said:

Just a question. 

How many mass shootings have been done with illegal guns?

How many mass shootings have  been done by people abiding by the law?

The problem is PEOPLE.  Not guns.  Wake up...

Edited by Iceman
  • Fuck You 13

30 minutes ago, Austinvines said:

If people are the problem, shouldn’t we try to find a way to make it harder for those people to obtain and keep guns?

Prepare for an answer from Iceman in the form of a question trying to spin it back to you...and around and around we goooooooooooooooo, until the next shooting that'll probably happen somewhere in Texas.

44 minutes ago, Austinvines said:

If people are the problem, shouldn’t we try to find a way to make it harder for those people to obtain and keep guns?

As long as it doesn’t impede my liberty, sure.

When the suggested ‘remedies(lolz’) become restrictions of MY possession of said firearms, then I have a problem with it.

• Fuck You 3

17 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Prepare for an answer from Iceman in the form of a question trying to spin it back to you...and around and around we goooooooooooooooo, until the next shooting that'll probably happen somewhere in Texas.

Because my ownership of firearms should never be the target of proposed legislation.  It s a threat to nobody.

Unless I demonstrate something we all agree is worthy of deeming me unfit for my ownership, i.e mental fitness, felonies, etc., then leave me the fuck alone.

The proposals around restrictions of law abiding citizens owning/ purchasing firearms are pissing in the wind.  Never confuse activty with achievement.  It’s a political move to punish those who believe in the 2nd amendment.

Focus on mental health and raising kids who will never commit these acts.

That’s just too damned hard to do though, right?   Wrong.

• Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Because my ownership of firearms should never be the target of proposed legislation.  It s a threat to nobody.

Unless I demonstrate something we all agree is worthy of deeming me unfit for my ownership, i.e mental fitness, felonies, etc., then leave me the fuck alone.

The proposals around restrictions of law abiding citizens owning/ purchasing firearms are pissing in the wind.  Never confuse activty with achievement.  It’s a political move to punish those who believe in the 2nd amendment.

Focus on mental health and raising kids who will never commit these acts.

That’s just too damned hard to do though, right?   Wrong.

Youre preaching this to somebody who has never owned, fired, or even held a gun in his life.  What exactly are you doing in your everyday life that you feel the need to own guns thus making them on the market for looneys to obtain?

Im not arguing you about the type of person who does these cowardly acts...Im asking what exactly do law abiding citizens need guns for?

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

10 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Let’s end DUI’s by letting all drivers still drive, but it can only be too and from work.

You can still d ive...and it’s for the betterment of society.  It makes me feel so safe inside...

Yep. DUI's & distracted driving are a fucking bugger. Minnesota just went hands free behind the wheel on Aug 1, so its a ticket anytime a cop see's a phone next to your ear or obviously texting. Im not saying that'll stop all traffic deaths from my state due to cell phones...but its better than just praying it'll stop

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yep. DUI's & distracted driving are a fucking bugger. Minnesota just went hands free behind the wheel on Aug 1, so its a ticket anytime a cop see's a phone next to your ear or obviously texting. Im not saying that'll stop all traffic deaths from my state due to cell phones...but its better than just praying it'll stop

I absolutely support legislation against crimes committed with guns. 100% on board. 

Possession, however, is not a crime in my opinion,  unless the individual has already demonstrated being unfit to possess that firearm.

Edited by Iceman
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Youre preaching this to somebody who has never owned, fired, or even held a gun in his life.  What exactly are you doing in your everyday life that you feel the need to own guns thus making them on the market for looneys to obtain?

Im not arguing you about the type of person who does these cowardly acts...Im asking what exactly do law abiding citizens need guns for?

How do I kill the 30-50 feral hogs that run into my yard within 3-5 mins while my small kids play?

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1