Win Out and Win the Big XII

Girdwood

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They put Ohio State in the playoff a couple of years ago even though Penn State best Ohio State, and Penn State won the Big Ten, solely because Ohio State had 1 loss and Penn State had 2.   Ohio State didn’t even have the 1-1 season split argument.

The playoff is still first and foremost about loss counting.

PedoState had a horrible loss against Pitt earlier in the year, and Ohio State closed out strong. 

There's definitely an outside chance if Texas runs the table and looks good doing it. If Texas wins out and makes the playoffs, you owe me a shot of top shelf bourbon, and I wanna drink it out of your pussy

44 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Why not? Thank you Georgia for showing what we already know, that the secsecsec isn't some magical conference that deserves two teams in the CFP..... 

1 Clemson if they win out

2 Bama or secsecsec champ

3 OSU if they win out or 1 loss

4  ??? 

Who's #4? The Pac is straight garbage and shouldn't be in the conversation. A two loss Big 12 Champ Texas gets this spot because the two losses are to top 10 teams. 

A ton of dominoes will need to fall for Texas to enter the playoffs as a 2 loss team, just forget about it.

Wisconsin could win out in the regular season, lose to Ohio St and make it or lose to Ohio St in the regular season and win the rematch and both teams enter as 1 loss teams.

A 1 loss LSU is a lock.

OU could win out, lose to Texas in the Big 12 Championship if Texas makes it there and still make the playoffs as a 1 loss team. CFB is what have you done for me lately, but will the committee seed a 2 loss team over a 1 loss team from the same conference?  

There are so many scenarios, but yeah no PAC team will make the playoffs.

15 minutes ago, Chad said:

A ton of dominoes will need to fall for Texas to enter the playoffs as a 2 loss team, just forget about it.

Wisconsin could win out in the regular season, lose to Ohio St and make it or lose to Ohio St in the regular season and win the rematch and both teams enter as 1 loss teams.

A 1 loss LSU is a lock.

OU could win out, lose to Texas in the Big 12 Championship if Texas makes it there and still make the playoffs as a 1 loss team. CFB is what have you done for me lately, but will the committee seed a 2 loss team over a 1 loss team from the same conference?  

There are so many scenarios, but yeah no PAC team will make the playoffs.

spacer.png

Yeah I wouldn't be booking hotels or anything, but the absurdity of the Big 10 getting 2 teams in is just too much to process. And a one loss LSU is anything but a lock over a two loss conference champ. 

Some dominoes need to fall, not a lot.

Let me ask you this, how much of your doom and gloom prognostication is because of how Texas looked today? Y'all are just shell shocked cause you didn't play up to your potential. The fact of the matter is Texas has a lot better chance of making the playoffs than you think, but they definitely have to get their shit together and beat the fuck out of teams like they did Georgia last year. 

Just now, Doc Sam Beckett said:

spacer.png

Yeah I wouldn't be booking hotels or anything, but the absurdity of the Big 10 getting 2 teams in is just too much to process. And a one loss LSU is anything but a lock over a two loss conference champ. 

Some dominoes need to fall, not a lot.

Let me ask you this, how much of your doom and gloom prognostication is because of how Texas looked today? Y'all are just shell shocked cause you didn't play up to your potential. The fact of the matter is Texas has a lot better chance of making the playoffs than you think, but they definitely have to get their shit together and beat the fuck out of teams like they did Georgia last year. 

It's not absurd. Wisconsin was overlooked in the meaningless preseason polls, if Wisconsin and Ohio St finish with 1 loss it's highly likely both teams make the playoffs. They'd both have excellent resumes with numerous quality wins. It's not doom and gloom, it's fucking reality, man. No 2 loss team has been seeded into the playoffs. You believe the committee would see a 2 loss Texas over a 1 loss LSU because of a conference championship? LSU beat Texas straight up in Austin. As mentioned above the committee seeded Ohio St with 1 loss into the playoffs over 2 loss B1G champs PSU several years ago. Texas is still in the play for the Big 12, but forget about the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, Chad said:

It's not absurd. Wisconsin was overlooked in the meaningless preseason polls, if Wisconsin and Ohio St finish with 1 loss it's highly likely both teams make the playoffs. They'd both have excellent resumes with numerous quality wins. It's not doom and gloom, it's fucking reality, man. No 2 loss team has been seeded into the playoffs. You believe the committee would see a 2 loss Texas over a 1 loss LSU because of a conference championship? LSU beat Texas straight up in Austin. As mentioned above the committee seeded Ohio St with 1 loss into the playoffs over 2 loss B1G champs PSU several years ago. Texas is still in the play for the Big 12, but forget about the playoffs.

Wisconsin is bullshit, you know it and so do I. It's the typical Big 10 garbage team that gets waxed when they play a good team out of conference, like when Michigan State made the playoffs and got smoked. They are going to lose to Ohio State twice and won't be in the conversation.

The LSU angle is a little more complicated. I honestly think a Big 12 conference champ Texas makes it in over the second best secsecsec team, since that conference is bullshit this year, but a second loss for LSU would definitely help. 

14 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Wisconsin is bullshit, you know it and so do I. It's the typical Big 10 garbage team that gets waxed when they play a good team out of conference, like when Michigan State made the playoffs and got smoked. They are going to lose to Ohio State twice and won't be in the conversation.

The LSU angle is a little more complicated. I honestly think a Big 12 conference champ Texas makes it in over the second best secsecsec team, since that conference is bullshit this year, but a second loss for LSU would definitely help. 

It's hard telling with Wisconsin, they beat an overrated Michigan team, but they've crushed all but one team they played. Their OOC schedule was trash, but so was OU's, Bama's, Florida's, etc. I incorrectly worded one of my previous posts, the B1G will likely have 1 rep in the CFBP. There are numerous scenarios for the CFBP, but none of which involve a 2 loss team unless a colossal train wreck occurs and fringe playoff teams begin dropping numerous games.

2 hours ago, deft said:

Exactly.  Best we can hope for is ny6.  And that's if we win out.  Being coached the way we were today, we lose to ou 10/10 in the big xii champ game. 

edit: who is the mercenary senior transfer they bring in next year?

If we look at our BCS teams, 05, 09 no one really stood a chance against them in the conf play with routine 60 point destructions. Of course we want to win NC every year as fans. Losses suck but as long as we improve year after year, we will be that NC team. Teams which won big time non-conf games and destroyed in conf competition. We are getting there, not quite there yet. Those teams had excellent years just before their championship game years. We can still have an outstanding year.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

Well this is impossible becuase Wisconsin and OSU play in conference and also would play in the big 10 title games which would mean one of them walks away with two losses.

3 hours ago, Juke_Em said:

Rest of the conference games shouldn't be too tough. Only challenges are at Iowa State and Baylor but even then...it's not like we should be too worried

Herman's next 3 score conference win will be his first.  We make them all tough whether they should be or not.

Would be pretty fucking hilarious if it all came down to LSU having to beat aggy, then aggy wins thus sending Texas to the playoffs, and ultimately winning the national championship. 

Yeah wouldn’t it. But yeah it’s aggy in Death Valley, a stadium that actually has a home field advantage. So...;

5 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Baylor will beat us. Just watch, but don’t be surprised.

Was watching that game as well. They are on a nice run, but they take 1 at least two losses before we get them, and we get them at home. 

We need to go back to being pissed of Texas, I think we will. 

4 hours ago, deft said:

He also didn't have to face (and bend over to) ou a second time every year.  

We're gonna win out through regular season.  We won't beat ou unless big xii refs start calling holding.  It's literally impossible.  

We held too, Sam had time, but plays were not made. Truth.