2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

On 12/2/2019 at 9:15 PM, 6th Street said:

Second hand info, but I've heard he walks around the facility smelling of liquor and now has a full time driver for when he goes out. 

On 12/2/2019 at 11:32 PM, Hank_Hill said:

Whhhhooolllleeee lot of judgement in here from a bunch of alcoholic, narcissistic, assholes 

First they came for the drunks, and I said nothing.

Then they came for the coke heads, and I said nothing.

Then they came for the co-ed horndogs, and there was no one left to speak up for me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I can't believe people pay actual money to these sites. I'm thankful to those who do, but why? We have posters here who could hit a dartboard with more accuracy than anything those rubes are typing out. 

LOL, could you imagine if pro sports was the same way? Paying 9.95 a month for Dallas cowboys info.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, TheMailBox357 said:

LOL, could you imagine if pro sports was the same way? Paying 9.95 a month for Dallas cowboys info.

Dude, I'm a hard core Bucs fan, and I would NEVER pay a dime for info, so I can't imagine Cowboys/Texans fans doing it. That would suuuuuuck getting your hopes up each year while paying. I guess I've accepted we suck, so I don't need to send money to read about it. 

25 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I can't believe people pay actual money to these sites. I'm thankful to those who do, but why? We have posters here who could hit a dartboard with more accuracy than anything those rubes are typing out. 

I pay monthly because I know the rest of you hogs gobble it up and even though y’all want to play high and mighty that you don’t care still end up asking for the info. Btw that article doesn’t say shit besides Herman may interview a DC candidate in Houston tomorrow but no name is provided and this proves Ash isn’t the favorite

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I pay monthly because I know the rest of you hogs gobble it up and even though y’all want to play high and mighty that you don’t care still end up asking for the info. Btw that article doesn’t say shit besides Herman may interview a DC candidate in Houston tomorrow but no name is provided and this proves Ash isn’t the favorite

I said I appreciate those who do, such as yourself, but I don't understand why people do. I used to pay for 247 and then got tired of the shit that was always wrong. I, again, appreciate your contribution to giving us this information whether it's right or wrong on their part. 

Edit: I thought I said I appreciated it, but I guess I didn't. I do. Thank you for giving us the info. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

Just now, RGBIII said:

I get it, the real reason I pay for it is to post on here. I feel like it’s my contribution to the board when others post info from other sites that I get to enjoy for free. Now the people that post and live/die on the 995er boards are an entirely different breed that I will never understand. Imagine being completely loyal to Ketchum and taking the big ol bag of melted saltwater taffy’s word as gospel

Agree 100%, especially regarding Ketch. Oof. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I don’t think Herman interviewing other candidates proves anything about where Ash is on the list. All it proves is that Herman is at least making an attempt to give the appearance of a thorough search. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ash is in Houston visiting BIL.

53 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don’t think Herman interviewing other candidates proves anything about where Ash is on the list. All it proves is that Herman is at least making an attempt to give the appearance of a thorough search. 

As Rod Babers has been saying, interview as many as possible. You might find a gem, you can steal ideas and expand your network. 

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Romeo Crennel

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Goodman said:

As Rod Babers has been saying, interview as many as possible. You might find a gem, you can steal ideas and expand your network. 

A few years back the Bears GM was widely ridiculed for interviewing upwards of 20 different coaches for the vacant Head Coach position he was trying to fill. His rationale was that when else would he have the opportunity to ask coaches from all across the NFL for an honest evaluation of his roster and ask questions of how they’d fix the offense/defense and best utilize the current personnel.  Ultimately he made a poor hire - but I still wondered why more GMs didn’t take this same approach. 

1 minute ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Wait, your saying Herm is hoing to Houston to interview the guy on his staff? Are they driving there together for the interview?

Herman needs to show that there’s been some semblance of a search, so he probably instructed Ash to wear some glasses and a fake mustache for the interview. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Ash was working as an analyst - but I don’t think he was living in Austin. 

Well that makes more sense.  Mensa has people on staff who aren't around to contribute.

I wonder if I can get one of these gigs from him.  I'm in East Texas but I promise to analyze the shit out of the team.

Edited by nunna yo bizness
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColeTrickle said:

Has it actually been confirmed Ash was an analyst? I thought he just talked to Herman before the OU game. And the analyst thing was bologna.

Even better.  So our leading DC candidate is nor only a guy who hasn't been aroumd our team but he's been sitting on the couch in his underwear all Fall watchimg football on TV.  So about 90% of Surly wpuld qualify as DC candidates.

I don’t think these analyst jobs are full time gigs - and I don’t think they’re camped out in a windowless office at the stadium watching tape with the GAs. 

I think Ash was tasked with watching OU tape, probably from the comfort of his home recliner - I don’t know that he was mentioned in any 995er report after OUsucks weekend. 

Just now, nunna yo bizness said:

Even better.  So our leading DC candidate is nor only a guy who hasn't been aroumd our team but he's been sitting on the couch in his underwear all Fall watchimg football on TV.  So about 90% of Surly wpuld qualify as DC candidates.

Is spending the year ‘around our team’ a plus?  That’s going to limit the pool of candidates to Giles Naivar and Washington. 

2 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

So.... I shoulda been wearing underwear?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

A few years back the Bears GM was widely ridiculed for interviewing upwards of 20 different coaches for the vacant Head Coach position he was trying to fill. His rationale was that when else would he have the opportunity to ask coaches from all across the NFL for an honest evaluation of his roster and ask questions of how they’d fix the offense/defense and best utilize the current personnel.  Ultimately he made a poor hire - but I still wondered why more GMs didn’t take this same approach. 

Because there’s a fine line between “If you have to ask....” and getting good objective advice. 

I’d like to believe that a great coach would do more self-scouting and evaluation than anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don’t think these analyst jobs are full time gigs - and I don’t think they’re camped out in a windowless office at the stadium watching tape with the GAs. 

I think Ash was tasked with watching OU tape, probably from the comfort of his home recliner - I don’t know that he was mentioned in any 995er report after OUsucks weekend. 

Dunno if analyst are full time but they are definitely camped out and there all the time. Ash was not an analyst but he's been around the last few months helping his friend. 

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

I get it, the real reason I pay for it is to post on here. I feel like it’s my contribution to the board when others post info from other sites that I get to enjoy for free. Now the people that post and live/die on the 995er boards are an entirely different breed that I will never understand. Imagine being completely loyal to Ketchum and taking the big ol bag of melted saltwater taffy’s word as gospel

Wait.  I thought you were at Treasures.  

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Got stuck at St. James Place...

D031059F-0352-488B-A0DF-DB9D47CE2E20.jpeg

B542457E-5B8B-4AC0-B11C-ECC02FF44673.jpeg

My buddy worked just down the street from this place, he called it “The Church” I believe. Anyways, he always wanted to eat there and I was skeptical at first, but this place has surprisingly good lunch. 

Edited by Chrispy_
Tired
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1