Lurch

2019-2020 PGA Tour

1 hour ago, smwhorn said:

He needs to start doing this again apparently.  He's missed the last two cuts (shot 80, 80 at The Memorial) and shot +8 today, the worst score of the morning players so far by three strokes.

Well DJ is playing better the Bryson, as DJ made his putt for a 9 this week and Bryson missed his and took the 10 last week. 
DJ doing his best Roy McAvoy and put 2 in the lake on 18, but he did get up and down from 185 to save that 9

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I mean he won 4 weeks ago, missed one cut, and had a shitty round today. His game has been erratic but as long as he keeps winning I'm sure he's fine with some missed cuts.

WD for DJ

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean he won 4 weeks ago, missed one cut, and had a shitty round today. His game has been erratic but as long as he keeps winning I'm sure he's fine with some missed cuts.

He actually birdied the last hole to finish +7 but I also see that he withdrew.  His last three rounds have been 80, 80 and 78.  He might actually be injured, which would suck.

He can’t gain any traction. Leaving approach shots 25-50 feet from hole. Bogeyed a couple par 3s and birdied one hole. +1 on day and -1 for tourney. Probably not making much money unless he makes a quick run. 

if I go to the first tee and the guy chasing me is wearing the hat that Schwartzel is wearing,  I feel pretty good about winning. 

Well, when your dermatologist takes a couple of precancerous blemishes off your neck and ears and tells you to quit wearing the baseball cap and wear a wide brim hat like Schwartzel you should do it.

I'm not one to make light of that, didnt know. Still wouldn't wear that hat, go with a Stetson. 

On 7/27/2020 at 4:30 PM, LTtxfan said:

Time flies doesn't it. Rory is grey haired and on the wrong side of 30. DJ is creeping towards 40. Phil just turned 50.

23 hours ago, ztejas said:

Time flies doesn't it. Rory is grey haired and on the wrong side of 30. DJ is creeping towards 40. Phil just turned 50.

.. and Spieth is playing like 60.

Posted (edited)

Are we sure this isn’t all performance art?

Edited by 4th&Five

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

But but what if Bryson is allergic and gets bit and falls over and dies cuz toxic poison from the bite?  

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Has this pussy ever played a Muni in his life?

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Was watching this while it happened.  There was a root in his swing path and he was trying to find a (really lame) excuse to move his ball.  What a tool.

23 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

.. and Spieth is playing like 60.

Yeah right, Bernhard Langer would whip Jordan's ass

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2020 at 4:30 PM, LTtxfan said:

Have a Big Weekend Jordan!!!   🤘

Ed89vh-XgAAm_wG?format=jpg&name=large

T15.    J. Spieth.     -3      68*  69

Edited by LTtxfan

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Have a Big Weekend Jordan!!!   

T15.    J. Spieth.     -3      68*  69

Saturday, 2 bogeys on the front and 4 birdies on the back... currently 

T16.    J. Spieth.     -5      68*  69  68 

Edited by LTtxfan

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Saturday, 2 bogeys on the front and 4 birdies on the back... currently 

T16.    J. Spieth.     -5      68*  69  68 

If his driver doesn’t cost him at least one double per round, it’s an anomaly.   Today, it cost him any chance at a Top 10 finish. 

Really talented golfer with a ten cent head. 

Edited by Dr. Beeper

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

If his driver doesn’t cost him at least one double per round, it’s an anomaly.   Today, it cost him any chance at a Top 10 finish. 

Really talented golfer with a ten cent head. 

Not sure what Jordan changed in an effort to add more distance to his driver, but it has really screwed up his accuracy off the tee during the last two years...

Glad to see Spieth recording more birdies again... already 4 birdies today thru 14 holes.

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure what Jordan changed in an effort to add more distance to his driver, but it has really screwed up his accuracy off the tee during the last two years...

Glad to see Spieth recording more birdies again... already 4 birdies today thru 14 holes.

I think he’s definitely getting more distance and that’s something that’s not discussed. When he was winning he was known as below average in length and now he’s above average. But the improvement isn’t all that noticeable (he was never really short). It’s a terrible risk/reward proposition. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I think he’s definitely getting more distance and that’s something that’s not discussed. When he was winning he was known as below average in length and now he’s above average. But the improvement isn’t all that noticeable (he was never really short). It’s a terrible risk/reward proposition. 

Agree...  I wish Jordan would try to go back to what worked in the past with less distance off the tee, but more fairways hit.  Jordan's long iron/hybrid game is strong enough to score well on most courses...

EDIT:  DAMN IT!!!  Spieth just got his 2nd double bogey today on #15

4 birdies, 2 Dbls, 1 bogey....

Edited by LTtxfan

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Thomas can't find the fairway, but goes birdie birdie 

Koepka missing fairways badly on #16 and #17... showing he is actually human

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn Autocorrect

Well, Fowler’s slide is costing me badly in DraftKings.   Good Lord, I went from squarely in the money to out real quick 

Well, Fowler’s slide is costing me badly in DraftKings.   Good Lord, I went from squarely in the money to out real quick 
You were counting on rickie on the weekend to make you money?

Koepka bogeys the par 5, then drains a 40 footer for birdie to get back in it, then drives it into the drink. Totally schizo. JT will win. 

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

Koepka bogeys the par 5, then drains a 40 footer for birdie to get back in it, then drives it into the drink. Totally schizo. JT will win. 

Yes, he will with that chip.  Beauty.

4 minutes ago, DCA_HORN said:
7 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You were counting on rickie on the weekend to make you money?

Well I’ve got JT as well 

14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Rich man's Spieth. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Not yet.... Career earnings thru 3M Tournament

18 Jordan Spieth $41,176,260
36 Brooks Koepka $30,701,535

He’s surpassed Spieth in majors and staying power and is an another class of golfer currently. 

He’s also $623,000 closer on the career earnings list. 

Edited by Dr. Beeper