4th&Five

2020 New Music Thread

1 hour ago, stc said:

it's amazing the degree to which tame impala in no way resembles the band that put out innerspeaker in 2010. not into these last couple of albums at all.  

They definitely changed from trippy guitar band to more of a trippy dream pop kinda band.

I like their older stuff and embraced Currents and the new sound. I think that album is excellent.

Have listened to the new one once all the way through at work today and it has a few good songs, but does not play well as a full album, which all of their other stuff does. 

Will give it another try this weekend. Back to Stern on Monday, he's been off for 2 weeks and i'm going through withdrawals...

On 2/14/2020 at 2:20 PM, stc said:

it's amazing the degree to which tame impala in no way resembles the band that put out innerspeaker in 2010. not into these last couple of albums at all.  

This has not been a positive development. New album is very meh. 

no official word it seems, but I won't be surprised if the dawn of the U2 station on XM that is set to launch at some point this year is accompanied by a new album, or at least some new music.  

2 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

yeah its pretty good. 

new avalanches single came out last night too.

could do without the blood orange monologue, but the rest sounds great as usual.

8 minutes ago, bizzle said:

could do without the blood orange monologue, but the rest sounds great as usual.

you said it man.  i dont get blood orange.

22 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

you said it man.  i dont get blood orange.

he has randomly written one of my favorite songs of the last decade, and not sure i enjoy anything else by him.

really digging the new Grimes. i can only really play it at work as her voice grates on my wife. *shrug*

Edited by Bottlecap