Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

I closed my IBIO position and made a nice $2500 before taxes. Should I take the profits and buy lottery tickets or does IBIO go lower and get back in?
IBIO isn't a stonk to me, I hold it in my other account that I act like a mature adult with. They haven't even begun to produce vaccines yet, it can only go up

2 hours ago, NateHitch said:
On 7/24/2020 at 11:02 AM, Errestaurants said:
I closed my IBIO position and made a nice $2500 before taxes. Should I take the profits and buy lottery tickets or does IBIO go lower and get back in?

IBIO isn't a stonk to me, I hold it in my other account that I act like a mature adult with. They haven't even begun to produce vaccines yet, it can only go up

Would you consider it a stonk if IBIO’s at $125/share in the next two years?

On 5/14/2020 at 9:49 AM, GRHorn said:

If y’all like pennies, it’s probably time to start thinking about $Mara and $Riot. Maybe need to wait for BTC to pullback again, but if you’re bullish on BTC they’re another way to add exposure. 

Big day here 

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

IBIO cratering. Not great, Bob...

16 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Alt is cratering too

The candidates are getting narrowed down. Moderna (rightly or wrongly) just received another $472 million from the US government to power through the phase III trials, on top of the $483 million they received in April. Operation Warp Speed is handing out procurement deals in case the recipient's drug candidates make the final grade. You aren't getting to the Covid finish line without government assistance, and the government is picking the winners (PFE, AZN, MRNA. etc....) Press releases that you are working on Covid is enough to get day traders in a tizzy, but doesnt really advance your chances of profiting from Covid. Once you lose the day trader enthusiasm, most of these stocks will revert back to pre COVID levels. 

10 hours ago, SuperSport said:

IBIO cratering. Not great, Bob...

8 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Alt is cratering too

7 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Sold all my IBIO today for a decent 19.3% profit. Should've dumped it last week but oh well.

On to the next STONK.

7 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Just dumped 20K shares of ALPP on the market. Please someone buy that piece of shit from me.

6 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

The Stonk life ain't no good life...

5 hours ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

but it's my life.

So, what's the deal with ALT, looks like a good entry if it still is a good investment. I mean stonk

5 hours ago, closetohumping said:

So it’s goodbye to alt and ibio?

and yet DECN, on no news is creeping back up, and low volume - I missed my reentry point, but this is the slowest pump that I've seen them in the last 2-3 months.
When did P&D investors get so patient?

8 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Just dumped 20K shares of ALPP on the market. Please someone buy that piece of shit from me.

I bought a goodly amount at .049 if you were selling the last few weeks. They're presenting at a conference tomorrow around lunchtime, might get a little price movement to allow you an out.

• Hook 'Em 1

While I am getting cornholed, I will relate a story of a stonk that I did well in.

Small cap bio with a drug that delivered iron to end stage renal disease patients, meaning people with kidney failure on dialysis for life.  Anemia is a real problem, along with some other nutritional deficiencies.

I got into it before they got FDA approval.  They got it and stock skyrocketed, from low single digits into low double digits.

There were a number of critics that all criticized its efficacy and the nature of some of the testing.  ESRD patients are so sick, generally, that it's hard to pinpoint whether a drug is doing them any good or not.

Regardless, the drug never sold.  Management seemed to be self-dealing and incompetent.

What no one pointed out is that all ESRD patients in the US, of any age, are covered by Medicare.  That means that their dialysis treatments are paid at a flat rate, including all drugs administered.  Most of the drugs are pretty cheap, the main factor is sitting in a dialysis facility for however long.  BUT, Amgen's erythropoeitin proved to do quite a bit of good for people on dialysis, so it became standard of care and part of the Medicare bundle.  But it's also expensive af, so it soaked up a lot of the money in the bundle.

So, in order for this drug to sell, either Medicare would have to increase its reimbursement (haha, hahahahah, fuckiing ha), or it would have to be so good and efficacious as to justify soaking up more of the flat reimbursement.

This wasn't figured out by any of the pundits or made clear by management until more than a year after FDA approval in order to justify the complete lack of sales.

So, Wall Street isn't as smart as it thinks it is, at times.