Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
immamac

Thread for people banned from DT till coronavirus goes away

14 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

There are very left posters in CR, but as a centrist independent, it has become very obvious to me that the right has completely abandoned facts and is straight up lying about everything these days. The problem with right supporters is that they haven’t researched facts enough to understand how poorly the right is behaving these days. It’s criminal. This is not to say that outlets like msnbc, huff post and others aren’t also bad on the left. They are. But relatively, the right is criminal these days.

I see it exactly the opposite.  I've said this a lot here and nothing seems to be changing to make me say it any less.  The Republican Party annoys me but the Democrat Party currently scares the fuck out of me.  There are always things that annoy you.  That is part of life, however life shouldn't be throwing things that scare the fuck out of you at you.

16 hours ago, RPM said:

What's interesting is that unless you swallow Trump's bullsh, you're "a leftist". Today's "conservative" has no idea what an actual conservative is or looks like. Hint: It ain't what's in DC right now.

I've made the argument over there that the Republican Party has moved to the furthest left it has ever been.  That argument goes over about as well as complimenting Bob Stoops on the football board.

I bet every CR poster is tearing up their stimulus money, cause Trump and evil white people and stuff.

7 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:
On 4/13/2020 at 10:03 PM, Degenerate Gardner said:
Making a safe space where discussion about a national catastrophe is exclusively non-political feels awkward and artificial to me personally. Doesn't much matter though.

The space in the Daily Texan is for people to have neither a left or right opinion. The safe space in CR are reserved for maricons like yourself.

Interesting. I had no idea that homophobic Gary Johnson voters were so plentiful, but I guess I'll take your word for it. 

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

I've made the argument over there that the Republican Party has moved to the furthest left it has ever been.  That argument goes over about as well as complimenting Bob Stoops on the football board.

LULZ

4 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

I bet every CR poster is tearing up their stimulus money, cause Trump and evil white people and stuff.

You didn't see the option?

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve spent most of my extended life aligned with many of the positions of the right, such as fiscal responsibility and the importance of individual responsibility for determining a persons level of success in life.

However, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News and Brietbart, among others, took propaganda to a whole new level that had never really existed before, ignoring facts to simply reframe any and all issues, no matter the truth, to be in favor of the conservative agenda.

In today’s environment, Richard Nixon would never be removed from office because of the behavior of Republicans and conservatives. I never thought the party would abandon all of their true principles just to stay elected, but they did. It’s sad and despicable. And before the left gets too smug, they aren’t a whole lot better, but they haven’t completely yet abandoned morals and ethics completely. The Republicans have. And I understand those on the right who don’t see it or believe it. It’s tough to fight through all of that propaganda to find facts. It takes work and effort, and most people never do it. They just watch their Facebook feed for memes that reinforce their existing beliefs.

And finally, the other reason conservatives have their heads up their asses is because they haven’t realized that the world isn’t like it was twenty years ago. At that time, a person could afford a college education, a car and an apartment and make their way through the world. Nowadays that is extremely difficult. Those that say “welI I was able to pull myself up by my bootstraps” has not done the math lately on what it costs to survive today vs twenty years ago. Wages haven’t moved much at all for most people while costs are way higher. Facts. You should try them.

Hey, it’s Will McAvoy from that dumbfuck HBO show. Hey, it’s Brisketexan. Your position is a really tired, cliched position, and it’s fraudulent. Go back to CR to be fake. 

19 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

I underestimated Upper Westside's douchebagability.

How did you do that?  He's a Yankees fan.

7 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Actually, most have been talking about donating it to political or social causes.  But yeah, you're probably right.

19 hours ago, PilotsError said:

It really is ridiculous that rep isn't fixed so you can't neg rep like that. Even pos rep should have some limitations.

used to be a limit on daily rep (like, 12 maybe?) but i just repped the last 3 pages of the dog thread without bumping up against one, so, maybe it's gone. 

:shrug:

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Actually, most have been talking about donating it to political or social causes.  But yeah, you're probably right.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470834d5bb9da276c8e4

31 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

How did you do that?  He's a Yankees fan.

I did not know that.  At least I didn't underestimate his lack of intelligence.  The cunt negged at least another ten posts of mine today.  If he wants a neg war I'll be his huckleberry.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Leavin' on a jet plane.. don't know when I'll be back again....  Puff the magic dragon lived by the sea...  Up up and awaaaaaaay in my beautiful baaaaaaa-lloon....

More truth in those three lines than your post... just my opinion.

Posted (edited)

Wait, people here got checks?

Y’all sound poor.

(it’s a joke.)

Edited by VRHorn

On 3/30/2020 at 11:54 AM, Moby Ric said:

Looking forward to the "Hugo has been perma banned - NO SOCKS ALLOWED"

Negged cause y’all dumbshits repeat this ad nauseum ad infinitum and never have any proof. It’s tired and old at this point. Either put up or shut the fuck up, it’s the worst shaggy meme. 

1 hour ago, achooloco said:

Negged cause y’all dumbshits repeat this ad nauseum ad infinitum and never have any proof. It’s tired and old at this point. Either put up or shut the fuck up, it’s the worst shaggy meme. 

Exactly what a sock would say...

FTR, i'm not in the 'anti-Hugo' crowd.

1 hour ago, achooloco said:

It gets tiring to neg me all the time then don't fucking say anything.

17 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

We didn't get checks because we're not poors.

Well at least I didn't get one.

9 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

If he wants a neg war I'll be his huckleberry.

Go you.  Focus on the important shit like your mushroom dicked cuckboi idol.

7 hours ago, achooloco said:

Hugo ?!

8 hours ago, achooloco said:

The vast majority of Surly is tired of those cr circle jerker pariahs who can’t keep their bullshit and pissant negrep tantrums down there. That’s all.

Otherwise nobody gives a shit about it or them.

9 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

The vast majority of Surly is tired of those cr circle jerker pariahs who can’t keep their bullshit and pissant negrep tantrums down there. That’s all.

Otherwise nobody gives a shit about it or them.

It's definitely come to that. I liked going in the CR, and mixing it up, but there are some absolute assholes in there who cannot deal with any opinion that doesn't meet their view of the world.

39 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It's definitely come to that. I liked going in the CR, and mixing it up, but there are some absolute assholes in there who cannot deal with any opinion that doesn't meet their view of the world.

I'll fucking fight you

9 hours ago, achooloco said:

Agreed.  Hugo is certainly not a sock and everyone who suggests so is wrong.  Now, a paid poster for some left wing propaganda organization?  Yes, yes he is. 

28 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'll fucking fight you

First let's sit down at the bar, and have a couple bourbons, then step outside, and blow a bowl.  THEN let's talk about fighting....

26 minutes ago, Hate said:

Agreed.  Hugo is certainly not a sock and everyone who suggests so is wrong.  Now, a paid poster for some left wing propaganda organization?  Yes, yes he is. 

Who the fuck would pay someone to post on a backwoods website like this where literally dozens of people are going to read whatever he types?

10 hours ago, achooloco said:

negged cause you are such a huge pussy.

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Neither did I ;)

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It's definitely come to that. I liked going in the CR, and mixing it up, but most are absolute assholes in there who cannot deal with any opinion that doesn't meet their view of the world.

Fixed, for accuracy and all....

There were some posters that got the checks and were asking the board what Democrats to donate to.

And I spoke with someone who received an electronic deposit that has a net worth with ten figures that got it because he had a a write off in 2018 that reduced his agi to under $100k and hadn’t filed 2019 yet so....non poorer can receive it.

On 4/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, Brian Fantana said:

Who the fuck would pay someone to post on a backwoods website like this where literally dozens of people are going to read whatever he types?

What starts here changes the world*

*not applicable to technologicals. 

How many hours a day do the people whining about the CR the most waste reading it?  

This isn't hard.  Stay out of the DT thread if you want to bring up politics.  Stay in DT if you're an intellectual child who wants to hide from having to talk about the consequences of people dying because of your voting patterns.  Easy peasy.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

How many hours a day do the people whining about the CR the most waste reading it?  

This isn't hard.  Stay out of the DT thread if you want to bring up politics.  Stay in DT if you're an intellectual child who wants to hide from having to talk about the consequences of people dying because of your voting patterns.  Easy peasy.

You really are having a hard time with this aren't you ?  Oh noes we must talk politics because that's all we can talk abut.  This whole pandemic is political dammit !!  And it starts with our president who didn't  do enough to stop the deadly pandemic like a democrat would have...    AND WE'RE GONNA YELL ABOUT THAT ALL DAY TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN TO OUR IGNORANT THEORIES OF LIFE, AND POLITICS.

Love the whole people dying because of voting habits. You really have huge issues with reality.  

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You really are having a hard time with this aren't you ?  Oh noes we must talk politics because that's all we can talk abut.  This whole pandemic is political dammit !!  And it starts with our president who didn't  do enough to stop the deadly pandemic like a democrat would have...    AND WE'RE GONNA YELL ABOUT THAT ALL DAY TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN TO OUR IGNORANT THEORIES OF LIFE, AND POLITICS.

Love the whole people dying because of voting habits. You really have huge issues with reality.  

Calm down, buddy. I've made exactly zero posts in the Daily Texan thread and have never even been tempted to make political posts in there.  I respect that the Daily Texan is politics free, unless of course you're making snide remarks against the left and post a "no CR" disclaimer with a wink after your politically biased post, so I stay out of it.

You people who cry 24/7 about the cloak room and its posters should pull a Slorch/Iconoclast and ban yourselves from it for your own sanity.

Edited by Tom

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Calm down, buddy. I've made exactly zero posts in the Daily Texan thread and have never even been tempted to make political posts in there.  I respect that the Daily Texan is politics free, unless of course you're making snide remarks against the left and post a "no CR" disclaimer with a wink after your politically biased post, so I stay out of it.

You people who cry 24/7 about the cloak room and its posters should pull a Slorch/Iconoclast and ban yourselves from it for your own sanity.

You respect DT is politics free. This respect manifests itself with insults, calling us intellectual children. 

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

You respect DT is politics free. This respect manifests itself with insults, calling us intellectual children. 

Well... you know ... superior intellect and all....

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Fuck off, cloak-roomer 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well... you know ... superior intellect and all....

We're not in the Daily Texan.  This thread might as well be in the cloak room judging by the four pages I've read before this. I feel okay with insulting you here.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Fuck off, cloak-roomer 

Hey look, it's that guy who claims to not be a cloak roomer even though he probably has more posts than I do in there.

Edited by Tom

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hey look, it's that guy who claims to not be a cloak roomer even though he probably has more posts than I do in there.

Do the research and post results here

9 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Do the research and post results here

If only I cared that much on a website I average roughly 2 posts a day on.  

I apologize for even participating in this thread.  I broke my own rule of keeping it to the cloak room, even if this is a cloak room thread.  All you Daily Texan folks stay safe and God bless.