Lost in Space - Netflix - April 13

atomheartbevo

Watched some this morning while sitting up with one of the kids. 

Effects can be really good (few places where CGI contrasted with somebody in a rubber suit).  World-building is interesting. Amazing how a TV series looks a hundred times better than feature movies from just 10-15 years ago.  

Probably will watch all 10 episodes. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Would you let your kids watch the Avengers/Marvel movies?  Then yes.  

They clearly want boys watching this (giving that he's friends with the robot/alien, and that's a huge part of the series).

i ask because the original was clearly for kids, iirc. 

and yes, i let my boys watch the marvel movies.

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Watched some this morning while sitting up with one of the kids. 

Effects can be really good (few places where CGI contrasted with somebody in a rubber suit).  World-building is interesting. Amazing how a TV series looks a hundred times better than feature movies from just 10-15 years ago.  

Probably will watch all 10 episodes. 

Yes, I have not started yet.  I was jonesing for some good sci fi, so I just re watched Firefly for the 4th time.  Then Serenity.  

It is amazing what they can do on tv now.

I look forward to it and will continue on with the greatness of The Expanse.

Edited by BNB

6 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i ask because the original was clearly for kids, iirc. 

and yes, i let my boys watch the marvel movies.

So far, this thing is really pushing the family aspect. So the trailers have been accurate. 

Parker Posey’s Doctor feels like a bit of a psychopath, but I’m not sure of her angle yet. 

I am glad they changed that character.  No point in doing anything that would resemble the original. 

He’s not a major. 

Im into 6 or 7. Still enjoying. Though they’ve got dr smith as some moriarty-like genius manipulator. That’s a bit over the top. 

Theres a little inconsistency in the robot behavior that is needed to keep the good or bad robot plot line alive. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Two espisodes in.  I agree with an article that I read that it is really kid friendly.

The production value is great, like someone mentioned.

I just read an article on a few shows Amazon has in the pipe.  I can't find the article anymore, but it mentioned one show based on a book, that they planned to spend a billion dollars on.  Crazy.

I just read an article on a few shows Amazon has in the pipe.  I can't find the article anymore, but it mentioned one show based on a book, that they planned to spend a billion dollars on.  Crazy.

It’s obscure so that’s probably why the name escapes you...it’s Lord of the Rings.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

You are thinking of Lord of the Dance.  Amazon getting mega tax breaks from the Irish. 

No, I just found that article.  They mentioned another book (of Asian origins, I think), that I didn't look up at the time.  It sounds like like they were putting in 3 billion on a few projects.

Just got through episode 8.  My god the Robinson parents are stupid.  You would think that the first 5 or 6 times that their kids fucked shit up by not listening to them they would learn to lock them up whenever anything important was going on.  I'm still watching it though, but I'm yelling at my tv.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 12:28 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Just got through episode 8.  My god the Robinson parents are stupid.  You would think that the first 5 or 6 times that their kids fucked shit up by not listening to them they would learn to lock them up whenever anything important was going on.  I'm still watching it though, but I'm yelling at my tv.

The fact that neither parent immediately asked what happened to the extra terrestrial robot after it was attacked kind of walked me over a proverbial cliff, so to say...

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

The fact that neither parent immediately asked what happened to the extra terrestrial robot after it was attacked kind of walked me over a proverbial cliff, so to say...

Yeah, what the fuck was that all about. No one thought to ask where the big creepy alien robot was? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texhorn said:

Yeah, what the fuck was that all about. No one thought to ask where the big creepy alien robot was? 

Overall, the show had good written scripts, bit there were definitely plot holes like, the only alien robot in the known universe goes missing and no parent asked...

30 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Overall, the show had good written scripts, bit there were definitely plot holes like, the only alien robot in the known universe goes missing and no parent asked...

or the fact that not only does the robot understand English, he understands English slang words, idioms and hand gestures....and no one thought to ask about that.

On 4/18/2018 at 10:28 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So much this. Nearly gave me a coronary on the 4000th time they let Will nearly kill somebody with his stupidity.

• 3 weeks later...

Too young to have watched the original series. Did all of its plots also revolve around Will Robinson being the stupidest most gullible human that ever existed? They should have left him on Earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk