Minneapolis is Burning-+* The moderators and admins of this site are TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:18 PM, atomheartbevo said:

28,000+ posts say otherwise.  And the 10,000 on the old site say that as well.   If we assume that he spent 5 minutes or so (including reading the posts he's responding to, or reading the responses), that's a few thousand hours he's invested in this.   When you make that many posts, and when the majority are about a specific topic such as politics, you are heavily invested in something. 

My math maybe wrong, it's been a long day, but he's potentially spent over 100 24-hour days of his life posting on shaggy/surly.   He is a Believer with a capital B.

The problem for him is twofold - speaking of the old site, we all up and left and moved to a new site at the drop of BL's hat.    We all just up and walked away from years of posting history, and that site could go down any day.  And a shitload of us had migrated from other platforms before that.   That lack of permanence does not make for a good platform to change hearts and minds.  This isn't usenet, where I have thousands of posts that are archived on various servers out there where I battled valiantly to defend Linux and OS/2 and DESQview and the Houston Astros and Houston Oilers.  It's more akin to the BBSes I used to post on, where they go down and the posts are lost somewhere on a now long-forgotten floppy disk being used to level a desk or something, and that community would sometime migrate to another BBS.  Well, I have a shitload of FidoNet posts that somehow made it onto the internet, much to my chagrin, but anyways, I'm drifting.

Which gets into the issue of the importance of the actual nuts-and-bolts platform made of software and hardware vs our little merry band of revelers being the actual platform, but that's getting kind of esoteric.

The bigger problem for Hugo is that this platform is known for cartoon dicks, lots of swearing, lots of photos of scantily clad women, lots of really off-color jokes and hot takes.  It's not going to reach the people that Hugo wants to, or rather can actually change the minds of.  The people that Hugo reaches here are, for the most part, pretty set in their views, or their views have been shaped by their real-life experiences and not somebody's posts on the internet.  

Surprisingly, or maybe not, heavy/older internet users seem to trend towards the libertarian/independent side of things, which is not good for those with a message to spread, because we can laugh at Trump being unable to properly drink water as well as Uncle Joe smelling somebody's hair equally.  Not helped that we have an educated base as well, which makes it a little harder.

We have the occasional catalyst that brings a lot of differing viewpoints into the same thread - the subject of this thread, the covid thread, Tom Herman.  And we have a lot of stuff that helps fill the off-season or the times in-between games when we aren't in the mood to talk about football or basketball or baseball or whatever.

But I just don't see many changing their minds over internet opinions - it's going to be the video of a cop openly murdering somebody, or our football team being murdered or whatever.

Stopped reading at Hugo is my leader(paraphrase)

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He didn’t create shit. He regurgitated what she produced. 

Blacklab cherry-picked a post out of a thread and chose the thread title to be intentionally inflammatory based on the post he chose to cherry pick.

Edited by Captainant

Not quite as weird as your wanting that black murder victim to drop to his knees and plead for his life.  Or your random rant on immamac last week.  

you do have an uncanny ability to remember random Throwaway posts from months/years back.  That gift leads me to this admission:  
everybody was wrong about you, you’re not Rex Kramer.  You’re a woman.  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That was like 3 months ago, and everyone remembers it. Also, you really think I created a sock and blasted Imma?  Really?  Haha. 

The facts are, I didn’t want Arbery to drop to his knees, and you stated over and over again you wanted the Cletii to be anally raped and were overly demonstrative and graphic in your fantasies. 

That's some weird shit 

21 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’re a disaster of a human. Fuck your own face. 

At least you’re using new vocabulary instead of weirdo.  Try “tremendous” next time like your hero.  However, you do say “face” a lot.   Kinda weird, but we’ll workshop it. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That she killed with her bare hands.

True story.... for her 80th b’day I gave her a card that said on the front, “Remember the Alamo”. On the inside it said, “I bet you do”.

She was not amused, but my kids still chortle some about it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1