texifornia

Grad Transfer WR Brenden Schooler

Impressive tonight. Consider all the other talented guys we’ve got and how late he was joining the team, I wasn’t sure he’d have much impact especially early. Looks like a guy who could regularly contribute.

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Impressive tonight. Consider all the other talented guys we’ve got and how late he was joining the team, I wasn’t sure he’d have much impact especially early. Looks like a guy who could regularly contribute.

But is he a coach on the field? 

8 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Was reading through the game thread and it's hilarious how much of the Football board had no idea who Schooler was

Hilarious but absolutely unsurprising. 

8 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Was reading through the game thread and it's hilarious how much of the Football board had no idea who Schooler was

I am that guy.   I don’t keep up with the off season comings and goings.  Had no clue on Schooler and Black.  Good to see the team has attracted some transfer players that contribute.  

I honestly didn't think we would see him on anything other than special teams. Herman is serious about winning. Yurich is a fucking God send. When was the last time we curb stomped even a shit team like UTEP 59-3? 

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I honestly didn't think we would see him on anything other than special teams. Herman is serious about winning. Yurich is a fucking God send. When was the last time we curb stomped even a shit team like UTEP 59-3? 

Before Charlie Strong it feels like

7 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

But is he a coach on the field? 

Too fast. More of a lunch-pail guy like Shipley.

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Oh, definitely. I want to say something like 2011 (maybe?). Probably when Colt was the qb in 2009, if we're being honest. I woke up still feeling great. 

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Oh, definitely. I want to say something like 2011 (maybe?). Probably when Colt was the qb in 2009, if we're being honest. I woke up still feeling great. 

Yeah. When the main thing to bitch about is your kicker missing a 40 yarder in a 56 point blowout your team is in a good place.

Just now, ztejas said:

Yeah. When the main thing to bitch about is your kicker missing a 40 yarder in a 56 point blowout your team is in a good place.

Ddue, for sure. I couldn't believe that. It was a head scratcher 

19 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

18 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400934504

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I totally forgot we played them lol. But in all seriousness, this team just feels different. I'm not saying we're going to have an LSU type run, but I get the feeling we're going to be a force to be reckoned with. We aren't losing to ou, that's for sure. I just hope we don't have a Herman special of losing to a team we should curb stomp. 

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

A bigger Shipley with luxurious hair 

He needs a Head & Shoulders contract...

4d2q87.jpg

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn autocorrect

4 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That game was only 21-0 at the half.

This. All though the score was great that game felt nothing like last night. 

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It was a head scratcher that a 74% career fg kicker missed a kick?

20 minutes ago, WBT said:

It was a head scratcher that a 74% career fg kicker missed a kick?

Tbh, I didn't realize he was just 74%. Jeez. I just keep remembering the kick against ou lol

9 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Mack would have shut it down at 28-3 max because you know UTEP has good kids who just want to graduate 

20 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

First Longhorn in 40 years to score a TD that I had no idea who it was.  My apologies to Mr. Schooler, nice to have ya on board.

17 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

First Longhorn in 40 years to score a TD that I had no idea who it was.  My apologies to Mr. Schooler, nice to have ya on board.

Kai money says hi 

6 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Kai money says hi 

Well, he was the first Longhorn in 48 minutes to score a TD that I had no idea who it was.  Apologies to Mr. Money, great to have you on board.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

On 9/13/2020 at 10:58 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

I'll write it again, it was so nice to get through an entire game against a cupcake without clenching. 

In addition to the Maryland horrors (sorry to bring it up, neg away) every game was a shit fight whether we were playing USC or Kansas. The pattern against the lesser teams was show up, score easily maybe twice. After that, struggle to keep the OL from holding or missing blocks. The other team hits some big plays and gets excited. They close to within a single score by halftime.

Second half is about the same, so we win by 10-13 points, and I feel empty and exhausted. 

I hate that shit. I want to cruise in the first half and see the reserves getting reps in the second half when we play the weak. You can judge how close all of our games have been by how little we've seen of any QB other than Sam the last three years.

I hope this becomes a trend. I love Schooler and Money. Schooler is a rich man's Breckyn Hager.

Edited by RomaVicta

On 9/13/2020 at 9:00 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

Not really.  Dicker has had multiple doinks of make-able kicks in both of his first two seasons and now in the first game this season.  That's his big problem -- consistency.  

His forte is nailing pressure kicks.  If he can tighten up his inconsistencies (particularly as to his strike point), he'll be a great kicker.  Until then, he's merely a great pressure kicker.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'll write it again, it was so nice to get through an entire game against a cupcake without clenching. 

In addition to the Maryland horrors (sorry to bring it up, neg away) every game was a shit fight whether we were playing USC or Kansas. The pattern against the lesser teams was show up, score easily maybe twice. After that, struggle to keep the OL from holding or missing blocks. The other team hits some big plays and gets excited. They close to within a single score by halftime.

Second half is about the same, so we win by 10-13 points, and I feel empty and exhausted. 

I hate that shit. I want to cruise in the first half and see the reserves getting reps in the second half when we play the weak. You can judge how close all of our games have been by how little we've seen of any QB other than Sam the last three years.

I hope this becomes a trend. I love Schooler and Money. Schooler is a rich man's Breckyn Hager.

The gorgeous mane gives him extra special powers and speed. 

6 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Wow ...sister?

C3-B5-BC1-B-D68-C-4-C8-F-8-CD1-97-AFEA9-

dont have to all me loser,   im trying to get in     that

17 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

dont have to all me loser,   im trying to get in     that

The typos and inconsistent spacing lead me to believe this was typed with one hand. 

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Is he starting this week?

Either Schooler, or Kai Money start in slot should Jake Smith sit out due to injured hamstring...

(Hopefully Jake waits another week...)

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Either Schooler, or Kai Money start in slot should Jake Smith sit out due to injured hamstring...

(Hopefully Jake waits another week...)

I think many of us were questioning why we would sign him. It is interesting that he may be starting the second week of the season.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I think many of us were questioning why we would sign him. It is interesting that he may be starting the second week of the season.

Schooler's versatility to play multiple WR spots, Safety, and also great on special teams made picking him up a no-brainer for 9 out of 10 Surly Experts... 😁

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Schooler's versatility to play multiple WR spots, Safety, and also great on special teams made picking him up a no-brainer for 9 out of 10 Surly Experts... 😁

Or maybe 9 out of 10 Surly experts wanted him here so they could pick up his sister.

32 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Or maybe 9 out of 10 Surly experts wanted him here so they could pick up his sister.

Oh yeah... Your Right!!! 

C3-B5-BC1-B-D68-C-4-C8-F-8-CD1-97-AFEA9-