The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

If you are a card carrying Republican at this point you give zero fucks about the rule of law, care nothing about our constitution and deserve to be shipped off to a permanent relocation to Siberia. The Republican party as a whole has to be dissolved once this horrific portion of our history concludes. They cannot be allowed to continue forward with our country.
At some point enough shit is just enough and they have to be completely torn down. They have enabled a wanna be dictator long enough. If you are a Republican at this point FUCK YOU for what you have willingly done to destroy our country. 

My guess is that most Republicans don’t actually realize how badly their party is acting because they’ve deluded themselves into believing it’s all fake news and/or “everybody does this stuff”. It’s pathetic. It amazes me that people can’t filter through the truly biased media information to see enough real facts to know how terribly the party is acting. If you just focused on Trump’s twitter account and basic verifiable facts you’d realize the party is shit right now.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

My guess is that most Republicans don’t actually realize how badly their party is acting because they’ve deluded themselves into believing it’s all fake news and/or “everybody does this stuff”. It’s pathetic. It amazes me that people can’t filter through the truly biased media information to see enough real facts to know how terribly the party is acting. If you just focused on Trump’s twitter account and basic verifiable facts you’d realize the party is shit right now.

You are surprised that people can’t tell what is real and what is not based on media coverage?  I think the media has in large part done that themselves.

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i like the timing of barr declassifying shit and mueller testifying after. bob won’t be happy about the tactic. 

The only way to avoid (minimize) the political circus was to commit from the beginning that the full findings of the investigation as well as all related underlying materials would be available to the public in a fully declassified way. Mueller hiding from public testimony and behind a transcript is bullshit too. We need to be able to read the body language of the testimony. Taking behind closed doors isn't going to prevent grandstanding, but it does allow the congressmen and those testifying to hide from a public viewing when they squirm in their seat.  

39 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The only way to avoid (minimize) the political circus was to commit from the beginning that the full findings of the investigation as well as all related underlying materials would be available to the public in a fully declassified way. Mueller hiding from public testimony and behind a transcript is bullshit too. We need to be able to read the body language of the testimony. Taking behind closed doors isn't going to prevent grandstanding, but it does allow the congressmen and those testifying to hide from a public viewing when they squirm in their seat.  

Mueller's old colleagues are being accused of treason by Trump and he's worried about looking political. Shit like that is going to doom the Republic.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Mueller's old colleagues are being accused of treason by Trump and he's worried about looking political. Shit like that is going to doom the Republic.

Right now, under these circumstances, the main reason to avoid looking political is because you know your work - what has been produced and what’s still coming.  

It takes a lot less courage to engage with public grandstanding.  But damn I wanted to hear him talk.

• Like 1

I would love to see Mueller testify, but we do not live in normal times. All you would see is political grandstanding by the GOP to distract from his true findings (no matter how much I want to see Gym Jordan take on Mueller). Take the cameras away and you will get a lot less of it. This way is a better path than no testimony from Mueller. He could always come back to do a public testimony if needed. 

*basically what triple just said

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 2

On 5/22/2019 at 9:23 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Robert wants no part of testifying. 

Going on records about when he knew the Russian Hoax was bullshit and why he continued the investigation without informing his superiors is bad idea jeans. 

He will be admitting to collusion and obstruction on behalf on the Democratic Party and the midterm elections. 

They won the House on fraud and borderline treason. But we hate Trump so who cares!!

look in the mirror when you realize the trump and democratic representatives vowed to “impeach” Trump before he ever served a day on office. You are morally bankrupt for your cause.  Constitution, justice and truth be damned. Media told us so. 

Keep getting drunk on your own hypocrisy 

this is the best trumpkin post in a realllly long time.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

That shine really off Mueller as the soteriological figure in this play. 

why in the world would that desire be a negative against Mueller? i understand you're just following along for the entertainment, but if the goal is to actually learn something from his testimony, not giving reps the opportunity to grandstand on TV seems most conducive to that end goal. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind that perhaps the most important subject that stands to be delineated in Mueller's testimony to House Judiciary is the conduct of AG Barr.   It appears Barr lied to Congress - for reasons.  Mueller's testimony stands to expose Barr's conduct with Mueller around the investigation and report, and with Barr's previous testimony to Congress.  It's a block of questions serious as a heart attack. 

57 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Keep in mind that perhaps the most important subject that stands to be delineated in Mueller's testimony to House Judiciary is the conduct of AG Barr.   It appears Barr lied to Congress - for reasons.  Mueller's testimony stands to expose Barr's conduct with Mueller around the investigation and report, and with Barr's previous testimony to Congress.  It's a block of questions serious as a heart attack. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Zavala said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes. We're all waiting for you and your kind to stop tossing salad at area truck stops long enough to give a shit about your president being a criminally insane con man.

Edited by bolverk
salet!

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

why in the world would that desire be a negative against Mueller? i understand you're just following along for the entertainment, but if the goal is to actually learn something from his testimony, not giving reps the opportunity to grandstand on TV seems most conducive to that end goal. 

I see no reason to believe that a closed door session will have an appreciable impact on grandstanding politicians. It would however get things out in the light of day, and allow us to read the non verbal communications associated with public testimony. In fact, asking to give testimony in closed session only gives opening to another form of political nonsense.  If you wanted to avoid grandstanding the way to do that was to set the expectation that the read out and all underlying evidence would be made public from the initiation of the investigation. 

My concern with Mueller testifying in private with a transcript released later is that the everyday American is more likely to ignore the transcript. Too easy to blow off the news reporting it as Fake News. Harder to ignore video interactions.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I see no reason to believe that a closed door session will have an appreciable impact on grandstanding politicians.

of course it would.  the number 1 job of every legislature these days is to go viral on twitter.

5 minutes ago, sachick said:

My concern with Mueller testifying in private with a transcript released later is that the everyday American is more likely to ignore the transcript. Too easy to blow off the news reporting it as Fake News. Harder to ignore video interactions.

word.

• Like 1

You are surprised that people can’t tell what is real and what is not based on media coverage?  I think the media has in large part done that themselves.

Of course the media is responsible for the problem. Fox News is passing themselves off as a news organization when it’s actually a conservative/Republican mouthpiece. Same for Huffington Post on the left. However that doesn’t excuse people for being dumb enough to believe it. There is more than enough information out there showing people how unreliable these media sources are. People need to grow up and use their brains.

15 minutes ago, sachick said:

My concern with Mueller testifying in private with a transcript released later is that the everyday American is more likely to ignore the transcript.

Somewhat agree. A raw transcript should, in most cases, lead to a fairer assessment of the questions and answers. We shouldn't let the political theater and grandstanding influence our thoughts.

Hell, I would go even further to have all the members' names removed, or replaced with Member of Committee on the transcript. Sadly, the average American no longer deserves the courtesy of those details because they can't handle them in an adult manner. I don't think we deserve parties any more either, but that's a different discussion.

56 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I see no reason to believe that a closed door session will have an appreciable impact on grandstanding politicians. It would however get things out in the light of day, and allow us to read the non verbal communications associated with public testimony. In fact, asking to give testimony in closed session only gives opening to another form of political nonsense.  If you wanted to avoid grandstanding the way to do that was to set the expectation that the read out and all underlying evidence would be made public from the initiation of the investigation. 

i understand that the mueller hearings aren't your garden variety hearings, but in a couple interviews earlier in the week, congressmen were saying how when a lot of house members find out certain hearings aren't televised, they don't even show up.  there certainly won't be any theatrics this way.  and mueller is pretty stoic.  i doubt we would see much in the form of non-verbal communication from him.

58 minutes ago, sachick said:

while certainly true, i think the hesitation pelosi has with impeachment, is that she knows if the election is tomorrow, trump loses.  all we have to do is hold serve for 18 months, and he's gone in a blowout.  while the clips would be entertaining, i think the information, and more importantly, what is done with it (calling additional people based on testimony) will be plenty to continue the narrative.

most voters don't even care about russia anymore.  most voters think trump obstructed justice, and that barr is acting inappropriately.  we don't need viral video to confirm that stuff.

1 hour ago, sachick said:

Not if we also include lots of pretty pictures!!

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

while certainly true, i think the hesitation pelosi has with impeachment, is that she knows if the election is tomorrow, trump loses.  all we have to do is hold serve for 18 months, and he's gone in a blowout. 

I wish I were as confident as you.  I'm old enough to have seen enough Presidential elections go sideways, including 2016.  It's just something I'm not particularly good at sussing out ahead of time, and I don't think many people are.  There are social dynamics that come into play which are very complicated and which put pretty large error bars on the predictions, to the point where they're often worthless.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Of course the media is responsible for the problem. Fox News is passing themselves off as a news organization when it’s actually a conservative/Republican mouthpiece. Same for Huffington Post on the left. However that doesn’t excuse people for being dumb enough to believe it. There is more than enough information out there showing people how unreliable these media sources are. People need to grow up and use their brains.

It’s not just Fox and Huffington post. It’s damn near every media outlet including everyone’s beloved CNN. 

Agree that by and large people are dumb and impressionable. And it’s only getting worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

It’s not just Fox and Huffington post. It’s damn near every media outlet including everyone’s beloved CNN. 

Agree that by and large people are dumb and impressionable. And it’s only getting worse.

You're so dumb you think anyone likes CNN. That's the fucking problem.

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

no shit.  fox owns the rating because only old motherfucker's get their news from cable.  

Psst- MSNBC and CNN have old people watching their shows as well.

All three of the cable networks average prime time shows have a third of their audience coming from those 25-54. And just and FYI the other 2/3 isn't coming from the 24 and under demo. 

It's all trash for old people. ALL OF IT.  

All the cable news outlets suck but none is more malicious than Fox News.  

Unfortunately, to get a read on what is going on at the surface level in the political environment, you have to pay a little attention to all of them because they are instruments the people in power play.

It’s a big part of the problem and why we are screwed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Does everyone acid wash hard drives or was that fake news?

7 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Does everyone acid wash hard drives or was that fake news?

D+.  You should have gone with 'it's just this war and that lying son of a bitch Johnson'.  Sure, it has nothing to do with Dbeasy's points, but unlike your BUT HER EMAILS post, it would have at least been a factually correct complaint about Democrats.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

D+.  You should have gone with 'it's just this war and that lying son of a bitch Johnson'.  Sure, it has nothing to do with Dbeasy's points, but unlike your BUT HER EMAILS post, it would have at least been a factually correct complaint about Democrats.

So your going with B, it was fake news?

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Several points from above to consider:

1) Comey testified two days after conclusion because he cooperated and had nothing to hide.  AG Barr and McGahn have both defied subpoenas - not cooperating.

2) There is important inherent value in having uncooperative people testify first, as opposed to Mueller or other team who have left DoJ.  So that’s not the limiting step, it’s 1) above.

3) “dithering” is a lazy, inaccurate description of how the House is navigating a path of total stonewalling and lack of cooperation from all Admin individuals.  The House have to exhaust all available options and use the courts for enforcement.  Once that progression passes, as is currently successfully underway, a hell of a lot more can rapidly advance.

8 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

So your going with B, it was fake news?

I'm going with a lot of things

1) Republicans cannot face how corrupt their party is, so their only plan is to distract from the topic, as you are doing.  So I proposed a better distraction.  I mean, you have the entire history of mankind to select from.  Or at least the entire history of the Democratic party.  At least you can pick some distraction that was true.

2) You not being familiar with what BitBleach is (or any other cleaning software) is your problem, not mine.  It conjures images of sneaky backroom dealings to the olds and technological retards.  

3) Do you not ever get annoyed with the fact that the *biggest scandal in recent history* depends on you totally imaging what the evidence might be?  They deleted the emails!  Well, what did they say?  We literally have no idea, which is evidence that they are bad!  Got 'em!  

4) I post about the argument-by-attrition method that is the R preference these days.  If you have a losing hand in the argument, just say something. You know you are on the losing side, so there is no harm in saying something retarded.  You've already taken the retarded side.  It's not like any argument makes you more of an idiot.  But this way, at least you have a chance to just tire out the other side through distraction and what not.  That feels kinda like a win, I guess.

5) *you're

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

3) “dithering” is a lazy, inaccurate description of how the House is navigating a path of total stonewalling and lack of cooperation from all Admin individuals.  The House have to exhaust all available options and use the courts for enforcement.  Once that progression passes, as is currently successfully underway, a hell of a lot more can rapidly advance.

dithering has become such a buzz word, but anytime i hear that word, i think of patton oswalt's episode of parks and rec and get distracted.

i think one of the reasons people think the dems are dithering or moving too slowly, is because of the stonewalling process.  you can't just assume everyone is going to stall out, not show up, contest things, ignore things, etc and the dems are used to going through usual legal channels when this happens.  yeah, it seems obvious when they do, but you can't arrange a calendar that way.  you have to actually hope/assume at some point adult humans who are public servants actually follow the rule of law.

i understand people get bored, but in the end, this is about 2020, even if we pretend it isn't.  that's the fastest way to get trump out, unless he fucking dies.