The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The Ds didn't have the House until Jan 2019.  Mueller report came down in April.  I guess you could argue that the Dems on the HIC had plenty of info, even when the Rs were running the show.

So, that's 4 months of dicking off waiting for Mueller. Now 5 waiting on the DOJ to let him testify. In the meantime, they've let the GOP completely frame the narrative.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

When is Mueller gonna testify?

if i had to handicap it, i would guess by mid to late june.

the only question now is whether it'll be in front of cameras or not.  as much as i feel like america needs to see it, i think the information that will come out will be far more damaging in a private session.

they're currently negotiating key points like this.  i'm assuming you know this already.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if i had to handicap it, i would guess by mid to late june.

the only question now is whether it'll be in front of cameras or not.  as much as i feel like america needs to see it, i think the information that will come out will be far more damaging in a private session.

they're currently negotiating key points like this.  i'm assuming you know this already.

Zavala doesn't give a shit about any of this. He's "just asking (drive-by) questions."

So Mueller said in his report he couldn’t accuse Trump of a crime in a prosecuting document due to DOJ policy and as a defendant, Trump would have no forum to defend himself. 

An impeachment proceeding is a judicial forum which Trump could mount a defense. 

It leads me to suspect Mueller could openly accuse Trump of crimes in a formal congressional impeachment proceeding.  

Savvy move by Mueller if true. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So Mueller said in his report he couldn’t accuse Trump of a crime in a prosecuting document due to DOJ policy and as a defendant, Trump would have no forum to defend himself. 

An impeachment proceedings is a judicial forum which Trump could mount a defense. 

It leads me to suspect Mueller could openly accuse Trump of crimes in a formal congressional impeachment proceeding.  

Can we get this to Pelosi and see if that's her plan?  Inquiring minds and all.

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

dont-be-fatuous-jeffrey.jpg

Has anyone ever noticed that various different characters call the dude by various different names. 

And that different characters later parrot phrases that other characters say to the dude that wasn’t said in their presence? 

Because I noticed that.

Pass the bong. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Has anyone ever noticed that various different characters call the dude by various different names. 

And that different characters later parrot phrases that other characters say to the dude that wasn’t said in their presence? 

Because I noticed that.

Pass the bong. 

Yes.

53 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

An impeachment proceeding is a judicial forum which Trump could mount a defense. 

Lulz yeah, that's what's happening. Hold on a second, let me get situated and then tell me more.... 

tenor.gif?itemid=4481202

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

so are you saying they may wait to call mueller in the actual impeachment hearings, instead of "the inquiry leading up to the possibility of hearings"?

i wonder if they'll call him in private to confirm a few things, then call him in public for the big dance.

considering it's all for show anyway (the senate won't convict) it may not really matter which is which, it's all just for the court of public opinion at this point.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

so are you saying they may wait to call mueller in the actual impeachment hearings, instead of "the inquiry leading up to the possibility of hearings"?

i wonder if they'll call him in private to confirm a few things, then call him in public for the big dance.

considering it's all for show anyway (the senate won't convict) it may not really matter which is which, it's all just for the court of public opinion at this point.

I have no idea what they’re going to do and I’m not sure they do either. 

I was just brainstorming a possibility I hadn’t considered.  

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I have no idea what they’re going to do and I’m not sure they do either. 

I was just brainstorming a possibility I hadn’t considered.  

yeah, i don't know either.

i'm trying to figure out if there's a difference between the inquiry and the impeachment hearings.

can they call people more than once (i have to assume they can).  considering the testimony really won't matter, it shouldn't really matter whether the information comes out in an official impeachment hearing or not.  it's not like inadmissible evidence or something.

i guess there are certain advantages to knowing what the outcome of the hearings are.

So we've gotten to the point in American politics where every side, every person, every entity is so corrupt and so involved in criminal activity that no one actually performs any checks on anyone else because everyone is afraid of being taken down for their own criminal activity. 

America has become SEC football. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

So we've gotten to the point in American politics where every side, every person, every entity is so corrupt and so involved in criminal activity that no one actually performs any checks on anyone else because everyone is afraid of being taken down for their own criminal activity. 

America has become SEC football. 

Pretty subtle "both sides" there junior 

• Like 1

Anyone doing their duty to investigate gets destroyed and accused of treason by this administration.  See also Comey, McCabe, Sessions, Yates, Strozk, Ohr, Page.  

On deck, Mueller and Wray. 

McGahn, Rosenstein, and Sessions worked their asses off to distance themselves from being implicated in the original sin which they were very much involved in. 

Trump wanted Comey fired over the Russia investigation.  Trump ordered McGahn and Rosenstein to develop a plausible cover story to justify Comey’s termination.  They followed orders.  If this wasn’t a conspiracy to obstruct justice, it sure smells like it. 

Some of Trump’s subsequent efforts to obstruct justice were undermined by McGahn and Rosenstein likely because they didn’t want anymore criminal liability than they already had from the conspiracy to fire Comey over the Russia investigation. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Anyone doing their duty to investigate gets destroyed and accused of treason by this administration.  See also Comey, McCabe, Sessions, Yates, Strozk, Ohr, Page.  

The Ds in the House are going to have to fight to get their message out. They're going to have to bring every one of the people you mentioned in front of a committee for extended questioning.

2 hours ago, triplehorn said:

"both sides" aren't calling to eliminate Citizens United, for one.  One side is, however.

What other reason have they not gone full bore on trump and his cronies? All of the evidence to throw everything out in public is there and has been for months. They're letting him get away with serious crimes without even challenging him. That tells me they're scared of their own criminal acts being exposed too. 

Republicans are a cancer that's killing the nation but Democrats are willingly letting it happen. They are a big part of the problem as well. The whole system needs a cleansing by fire and blood. 

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

What other reason have they not gone full bore on trump and his cronies? All of the evidence to throw everything out in public is there and has been for months. They're letting him get away with serious crimes without even challenging him. That tells me they're scared of their own criminal acts being exposed too. 

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, Lou.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Republicans are a cancer that's killing the nation but Democrats are willingly letting it happen. They are a big part of the problem as well. The whole system needs a cleansing by fire and blood. 

The most obvious explanation is that they're pussies. They've always been pussies. They fundamentally misunderstand American politics because they learned all the wrong lessons from the 90s and think firmly tying themselves to whatever looks like a middle-ground is always the right political move. They also dramatically misread America and have fallen for the GOP propaganda that Americans are overwhelmingly conservative.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The most obvious explanation is that they're pussies. They've always been pussies. They fundamentally misunderstand American politics because they learned all the wrong lessons from the 90s and think firmly tying themselves to whatever looks like a middle-ground is always the right political move. They also dramatically misread America and have fallen for the GOP propaganda that Americans are overwhelmingly conservative.

In the words of Sam Rothstein

"Listen, if you didn't know you were being scammed, you're too dumb to keep this job. If you did know you were in on it. Either way, you're out!"

it doesn't really matter if the Democrats are in on it or too fucking pussy to do anything about it. They're worthless either way and as far as I'm concerned that means are fucking complicit.

Edited by Junior Miller

25 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This.  And the Rs know this and are playing them for the political simpletons they are.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This.  And the Rs know this and are playing them for the political simpletons they are.

Yep.  I fucking hate Republicans b/c they're absolutely corrupt and anti-American.  I hate the Democrats b/c they're absolute vaginas.  No backbone, no fight, zero toughness.  Pussies.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Hey @Anastasis I found you a new #bothsides fuck buddy

Sorry, my social calendar is already filled up.  Maybe after you get done milking triple's prostate with your tongue in y'all's server quest, you will find time to get back to playing your usual role as catcher, and Jr. can get his piece just like everyone else.