Beer 2020?! F*ck that sh*t! Beer 2021!

HenryJames

Obviously.

4716e7941e1bfdbd6600a6c50a33e57e.jpg

Their NE IPA was better than their Kveik IPA. They have a good mix of other beers, many of which I have had before or i would have gotten a sampler. They are also one of the rare breweries (at least for around here) that also has a good amount of guest taps.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:51 PM, mdleast said:

Obviously.

4716e7941e1bfdbd6600a6c50a33e57e.jpg

Their NE IPA was better than their Kveik IPA. They have a good mix of other beers, many of which I have had before or i would have gotten a sampler. They are also one of the rare breweries (at least for around here) that also has a good amount of guest taps.

Great place, great service, cool location by Love but I wasn’t blown away by their beer. It didn’t stack up to the Peticolas they had on tap.  3 Nations still my fav venue & Peticolas for beer.  

• Like 1

Decided to check out some Dallas-adjacent breweries this afternoon in Rockwell/Rowlett.

First up: Siren Rock Brewing which had their soft opening this Tuesday and will have their grand opening next weekend. A really impressive looking space. A bunch of money was spent. They only had 6 beers on tap all of which were decent enough with the Helles lager and IPAs being the best of the bunch.

5bd3ff096b540b4d06c030a3a2410f46.jpg

6ff10701dcf66d9b582e9797ab8f8d55.jpg

337725a19b9e0fa68e775f04874d823e.jpg

f1f7550a39e3533e25581b1b9401fce7.jpg

b1cb873f6ed0680ab61ba7b46a8d049c.jpg

3ffb62a27727dd26bda175cdb2d18bd2.jpg

Then stopped by nearby Hemisphere. Very small and unimpressive place by comparison. I got a flight of their only (4) beers on tap while my wife got a flight of their (abundant) hard seltzers. Eh…I hate to talk ill of a place but neither of us finished our flights.

7f6792f92a7fb78d291b8864243fff01.jpg

We then pivoted to Bankhead Brewing in Rowlett. Have gone their before and their food is always great. They have a good triple IPA plus some other good IPAs. Best beers of the day.

ce43f61aacf2131bcb05a9333f6aedf1.jpg

1191112aed5420cafa9878212453587f.jpg

Edited by mdleast
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I mean, yes…I may have mentioned to you and others every now and then that "Somebody's Watching Me" was released by the Motown label in 1984, as the lead single from his debut studio album of the same name. Rockwell's debut single release, the song features guest vocals by brothers Michael Jackson (in the chorus) and Jermaine Jackson (additional backing vocals).

And sure I might have also mentioned every now and then that "Somebody's Watching Me" became a major commercial success internationally, topping the charts in Belgium, France, and Spain, and reaching the Top 5 in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States (peaking at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100; both "Jump" by Van Halen, and "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins kept the song from No. 1). The song reached No. 6 in the United Kingdom, Rockwell's only Top 40 hit in the UK.

But that doesn’t mean I’m a big fan or anything such that my phone should change Rockwall to Rockwell.

23 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I have some regrets associated with this list.  Mickey’s grenades were a sure fire brawl starter whenever they showed up at a underage drinking party.

I liked to use their old peel-back bottle lid as a sort of litmus test.  If I could peel it back and open it, without slicing open my entire hand and bleeding out, then I was sober enough to drink it.

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Can someone remind me what "Ice" was meant to mean for cheap domestic beer?

It was "ice-brewed" which really only ever meant-- higher alcohol content and cheaper.

The ice-brewing process was also supposed to deliver a "smoother" taste, which of course is just one of those old-school American marketing terms that sounds good and means absolutely nothing. 

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

No but I've been drinking a lot of pilsner since the temperatures finally decided to go August on us.

And of course it's not just pilsners but lagers.  Anyway, here's the lineup.

BeerThugLife + Indie Brewing Co. (Los Angeles, California)

Para Mi Gente with Organic Blue Maize Mexican Lager; 5.2%; 16oz can

Dovetail Brewery (Chicago, Illinois)

Baltic Porter; Baltic Porter; 6.6%; 16oz can

Enegren Brewing Co. (Moorpark, California)

Nighthawk; Schwarzbier; 4.8%; 12oz can

Halfway Crooks (Atlanta, Georgia)

Radix; German Pilsner; 4.8%; 16oz can

Jack's Abby Brewing (Framingham, Massachusetts)

Destination: Australia; Lager with Lime; 5.7%; 16oz can

Live Oak Brewing Co. (Del Valle, Texas)

Pre-War Pils; Early American Pilsner; 5%; 12oz can

Russian River Brewing Co. (Santa Rosa, California)

STS Pils; Keller Pilsner; 5.35%; 16oz can

Schilling Beer Co. (Littleton, New Hampshire)

Landbier Dunkel; Dunkel; 4.7%; 16oz can

Urban Chestnut Brewing Co. (Saint Louis, Missouri)

Stammtisch; German Pilsner; 5.4%; 500mL bottle

von Trapp Brewing (Stowe, Vermont)

Dunkel; Dunkel; 5.7%; 12oz can

Wibby Brewing (Longmont, Colorado)

Volksbier Vienna; Vienna Lager; 5.5%; 12oz can

Wolf's Ridge Brewing (Columbus, Ohio)

Buchenrauch; Rauchbier; 5.7%; 12oz can

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I don't know man, giving HJ a hard time for drinking OktaugustFest, but throwing out a pilsner-fest list that includes a Baltic porter, a schwarzbier and two dunkels?

(Don't get me wrong, I'd still drink them of course)

Hey man, I didn't pick the beers (and it's a Lagerfest).

(Also HJ clearly gives zero fucks what anyone else thinks)

Edited by DDD Dad