2021 transfer thread

Machinator

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Good soldier for the program despite his penchant for backbreakingly timed fuckups. Good luck, kid.

Man, if you could hold on to the ball I would give a shit, but you can't, so bye. He knows he's been passed up, anyway. 

Edit: I hope this doesn't hurt with Dixon 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Good soldier for the program despite his penchant for backbreakingly timed fuckups. Good luck, kid.

Wonder how this affects Dixon?  Ingram probably needs a clean slate to release some past pressure and now is as good of a time as any.  I'd maybe wait to see what the new offensive line coach brings though.  I like Ingram and I think he tries really hard but you can tell when he is thinking vs reacting.   

26 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I have a feeling that we will be a hot commodity for offensive players on the transfer market.

Really wish we had our act together sooner so that we'd have had a shot at earlier transfers.  But this is expected when hiring a winning OC that's coaching during a NC.

2 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

So scholarship RBs we've got Roschon, Bijan and Brooks (and maybe that transfer whose name escapes me)? Maybe we kinda do need to land LJ.

Derrian Brown is still technically a scholarship RB too, although I don't think he'll ever play. 🤘

6 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Wonder how this affects Dixon?  Ingram probably needs a clean slate to release some past pressure and now is as good of a time as any.  I'd maybe wait to see what the new offensive line coach brings though.  I like Ingram and I think he tries really hard but you can tell when he is thinking vs reacting.   

Posted this in the 2021 thread but it probably actually belongs here.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wanya Morris may end up at aggy?  Someone find screenshots, because posters on 247 are saying when he was first thought to be OU bound, Tarp was saying he is soft.

Perroni posted yesterday that I think's A&M might get him. Seems like a late check might have come in. 

Not sure whether A&M would look at the transfer market, especially for a short speedster-- they probably feel that sort of a player is already on the team in the name of Anaias Smith. Plus, it seems the problem is Jimbo's overly complicated wide receiver playbook which requires receivers to run crisp routes but also be good blockers and be more cerebral. Tack on, on top of that, breaking in a new starter at QB. This past season's passing game struggles were real though a bit muted because of a senior QB who provided stability (mediocrity is also stability, you should understand). His main target was Jhamon Ausbon-- who opted out of the season. Another senior WR speedster with some game experience, Camron Buckley, also went down with a season ender injury. Then Chapman was coming along but got season-ending injury in the Florida game.

Buckley is coming back, and hopefully Chapman has full recovery. And then Demon Demas and/or Moose Muhammad better take advantage and crack the starting lineup.  Demas didn't play his senior year in high school and might need to not just get rid of rust but also get rid of any thoughts of having been a 5-star recruit and just be a blue collar team player-- that's how a low-rated (but speedster and nose-to-the-grindstone work ethic) guy like Chase Lane from the same recruiting class started his freshman season and became a decent contributor.

• Hook 'Em 1

The whole Wanya Morris to A&M feels like a portal flavor-of-the-month deal. Earlier there was talk about going after Jordan Moko, a Juco from Utah.

Personally, neither of those seem likely (A&M hasn't landed very many guys from Utah and Georgia), unless they feel a buy-in about the A&M OL coach and overall scheme fit.

I do feel that any transfer Jimbo might try to land would be at the OT spot.

I know there's been some talk back and forth here of whether Texas might try to throw its hat in the ring with Morris.  Didn't he play on the same high school team as Kenyatta Watson?  Pretty sure I remember the Woody from Toy Story local news dude emceeing their joint commitment ceremony.  Wonder how Kenyatta's bad experiences under Herman would affect any consideration Moirris would give Texas.

"With that being said..."  really is starting to grate on my nerves; it's very similar reaction to the "no love lost" which is actually a worse phrase in the context it is written by the 'cruits.

It sounds like... With that being said.... yada yada yada...

14 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

"With that being said..."  really is starting to grate on my nerves; it's very similar reaction to the "no love lost" which is actually a worse phrase in the context it is written by the 'cruits.

Close. But wrong Larry David production

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

(for those, like me, that were having trouble putting the pieces together, his name was Rahssan when we were recruiting him)

This was the guy who signed with LSU and then called Strong back asking if there was still room.

Oh and obligatory

Mount And Blade: Now Thats A Name I Havent Heard In A Long Time Gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

At the end of the day....

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

This was the guy who signed with LSU and then called Strong back asking if there was still room.

Oh and obligatory

Mount And Blade: Now Thats A Name I Havent Heard In A Long Time Gif

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

Wasn’t he the one who signed with LSU and then also tried to sign with Texas on signing day?

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

OU LB Ryan Jones hit the portal: https://247sports.com/player/ryan-jones-71374/

@quigley

I loved him as a recruit. Big, fast, loose hips. I thought he was THE ANSWER at safety (OU's going on 7 yrs getting the safety question wrong).

Wasn't in shape, bounced between S and LB, didn't seem to know what was going on, terrible coaching.

Transferred from OU to East Carolina (not a state!), didn't enroll, portal x 2 now.

If his head's on straight and he's in shape, he could be good. Big if's.

Edited by quigley
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 1/15/2021 at 7:08 AM, Fud said:

Perroni posted yesterday that I think's A&M might get him. Seems like a late check might have come in. 

It should also be noted along with Tarp saying he was soft when he seemed OU bound that he was replaced as the starter during the year.  Won't stop Looch and aggy from saying how huge a get he is though.