The US Capitol has been Breached [News]

immamac

10 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Yay censorship. Awesome

A woman is dead because of Trump's inciting speech. The lawful execution of a constitutionally mandated process was interrupted and secure areas of the capitol were breached. 

It's not fucking censorship to stop the proliferation of lies that directly invite sedition and violent conflict in the streets and halls of our government. 

If trump wants, he can still hold a press conference, or post on parler where I'm sure you'll still see his words

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Just now, Herbie Hancock said:

A woman is dead because she’s a fucking idiot. Trump is guilty of a lot of things but this woman’s death isn’t one of them. Go be a fuckstick somewhere else

Oh sorry, so telling a giant crowd he needs them to be strong and go cheer on the goodgood senators and congresspeople, have his personal attorney say it'll be a trial by combat, and then telling them to march on the capitol ISN'T inciting a riot?

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

A woman is dead because of Trump's inciting speech. The lawful execution of a constitutionally mandated process was interrupted and secure areas of the capitol were breached. 

It's not fucking censorship to stop the proliferation of lies that directly invite sedition and violent conflict in the streets and halls of our government. 

If trump wants, he can still hold a press conference, or post on parler where I'm sure you'll still see his words

Sure bro, and make sure and check under your bed tonight before you go to bed.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Captainant said:

Oh sorry, so telling a giant crowd he needs them to be strong and go cheer on the goodgood senators and congresspeople, have his personal attorney say it'll be a trial by combat, and then telling them to march on the capitol ISN'T inciting a riot?

I think you're missing a few steps in between there bro, but then again you are you. 

A woman is dead because she fucked around and found out
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

A woman is dead because she’s a fucking idiot. Trump is guilty of a lot of things but this woman’s death isn’t one of them. Go be a fuckstick somewhere else

Remind me exactly why she was in DC to begin with? Who was the main source of the lies and conspiracy theories that enraged and consumed her over the past 2 months? Who invited her to the city and told her where to march on?

But, you're right, I don't blame Trump. I blame her family and friends that let her get swept up in Q horseshit.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 5

body count rising. 

Ransacked the office of senate parliamentarian, presumably looking for the mahogany boxes containing the EC votes the mob told us they wanted

and the president had nothing to say to slow down the mob that he fomented in his rally and sent to the capitol. 

But y'all are right, trump did nothing wrong here and it's just a big group of lone wolfs. That's the preferred terminology when they're white, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So this was caused because the Capital visitors locker room didn’t have any AC?

I think that Aggie hotelier from ‘99 was in charge. 

49 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Some footage from international correspondents

Skip ahead to 1:15 for the peak of their mob rage in the rotunda. No idea where they got "stop the steal" from

He sounds like David Attenborough narrating a documentary about the running of the morons.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Captainant said:

Remarkable how all of these WHITE TRUMP rioters haven't faced a lick of repercussions for violating the curfew after trespassing a federal property. Most of the folks who've been negging me in this thread were VERY enthusiastic about boots on black necks during the BLM protests and riots. It's surprising to see them cool so much on property damage after assaulting the Capitol, last time we were clocking a few pages an hour. 

.... I wonder what's different this time.... 

remarkable how while everyone gazes at the absurdity of the protest, all you care is about is individuals who negged you and how much they hurt your feelings

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I'm very interested in the post-mortem investigation of how capitol police completely failed to protect the capitol, it's remarkable that the police statements so far are "we didn't think they'd do it"

We came pretty fucking close to a reichstag fire yesterday, considering the 3 IEDs found by police and stashes of molotovs nearby

Edited by Captainant

50 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm very interested in the post-mortem investigation of how capitol police completely failed to protect the capitol, it's remarkable that the police statements so far are "we didn't think they'd do it"

We came pretty fucking close to a reichstag fire yesterday, considering the 3 IEDs found by police and stashes of molotovs nearby

They don't really care about the Capitol. Once the lawmakers were safely away, that was that. And you'll notice those men in suits with the pistols saw to it that nobody got in those chambers until they were cleared, and if you think that rabble was going to get past them without catching one or two in the face, you're sadly mistaken. Were those guys "in on it" too?

https://www.delawarepublic.org/sites/wdde/files/styles/medium/public/202101/capitol_breach_ap.jpg

It was a fiasco, not a conspiracy. What would those cops have to gain? Was the entire force told that if they just let this rabble into the Capitol Trump would be made President-for-Life and they'd all get brand new cars>

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Look man, if we ever met there's a good chance we'd both want to fight each other, but I mean this when I say it. You have more important shit to think about right now. Go hug your family and ignore this shit.

This here.   

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

They don't really care about the Capitol. Once the lawmakers were safely away, that was that. And you'll notice those men in suits with the pistols saw to it that nobody got in those chambers until they were cleared, and if you think that rabble was going to get past them without catching one or two in the face, you're sadly mistaken. Were those guys "in on it" too?

https://www.delawarepublic.org/sites/wdde/files/styles/medium/public/202101/capitol_breach_ap.jpg

It was a fiasco, not a conspiracy. What would those cops have to gain? Was the entire force told that if they just let this rabble into the Capitol Trump would be made President-for-Life and they'd all get brand new cars>

There was not nearly enough police officers.   For all of the protests and build ups over the last yr we've seen hundreds/thousands of police/troops in riot gear ready for something to pop off.   For some reason despite the fact that everyone knew this "rally" was happening right down the street there was no additional security present in one of the most important buildings in the country?  Make it make sense?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, d2o said:

There was not nearly enough police officers.   For all of the protests and build ups over the last yr we've seen hundreds/thousands of police/troops in riot gear ready for something to pop off.   For some reason despite the fact that everyone knew this "rally" was happening right down the street there was no additional security present in one of the most important buildings in the country?  Make it make sense?

Well, the rally was led by the president who is allowed to be a rabble rouser because he's the president. I can't make it make sense how he came to be president, but once he became president, yesterday is more understandable. He is not going to call out the skullcrackers on his own rally, is he?

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Well, the rally was led by the president who is allowed to be a rabble rouser because he's the president. I can't make it make sense how he came to be president, but once he became president, yesterday is more understandable. He is not going to call out the skullcrackers on his own rally, is he?

I'm not talking about him riling up his crowd.   That is exactly the point.  It was EXTREMELY predictable.   Why would the security right down the street at the Capitol not be beefed up just in case?

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, d2o said:

I'm not talking about him riling up his crowd.   That is exactly the point.  It was EXTREMELY predictable.   Why would the security right down the street at the Capitol not be beefed up just in case?

Because Trump wanted it that way? My point is not that they failed. My point is that the individual cops on the ground were not on the protestors' "team" as so many seem to suspect.  

9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Because Trump wanted it that way? My point is not that they failed. My point is that the individual cops on the ground were not on the protestors' "team" as so many seem to suspect.  

The boots on the ground aren't at fault - their chief of police is at fault for failing to give them enough support to protect federal property from vandalism.

I thought property damage was a bad thing? I thought we HAD to station military forces to protect national monuments and federal buildings? It's pretty fucking clear that all the ingredients of a shit show were pulled together.

If a bunch of surly fucks on the internet can see that it's a powder keg with a shitgibbon monkey lighting matches on top, then a chief of police certainly can too. And it's a pretty reasonable question to ask HOW the rioters were even allowed to get to the steps - that area is (supposed to be) a secured area after an attack in 1995. 

EDIT: actually, no fuck that, capitol police literally opened up barricade lines for the terrorists and took fucking selfies with them in the rotunda. There's individual cops complicit.

Edited by Captainant

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is a federal law enforcement agency in the United States charged with protecting the United States Congress within the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its territories. It answers to Congress, not the President of the United States, and is the only full-service federal law enforcement agency responsible to the legislative branch of the Federal Government of the United States.

• Hook 'Em 3

News Updates as per the request of the moderator---obviously it's midday to dinnertime in most of Europe and Asia.  But I'm just getting around to reading news from around the world.  And let me tell you...after yesterday...we are more respected than ever.  Around the World, The United States is once again the greatest nation on Earth.  Hold your heads high today America, we are beyond reproach after yesterday.  Our credit rating is so good, we all get leases on a new Datsun today.  

Seriously go read the BBC website today.  Not great, Bob.  

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

News Updates as per the request of the moderator---obviously it's midday to dinnertime in most of Europe and Asia.  But I'm just getting around to reading news from around the world.  And let me tell you...after yesterday...we are more respected than ever.  Around the World, The United States is once again the greatest nation on Earth.  Hold your heads high today America, we are beyond reproach after yesterday.  Our credit rating is so good, we all get leases on a new Datsun today.  

Seriously go read the BBC website today.  Not great, Bob.  

EE829ED3-8618-4E87-AE0C-48F36703F52B.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1