The US Capitol has been Breached [News]

immamac

18 minutes ago, Hate said:

The difference is that there is nobody arguing with your dumb ass.  There is nobody here that has condoned what happened today. 

I don't think anybody on Surly condoned what happened there today, but let's do the math...there have to be millions of Trump supporters who condoned what happened today.  For every one that stormed the Capitol, there had to be 10 or 100 folks at home seeing them as their surrogates.  Sorry, but just the way insurrections work.  You don't actually send everybody.  You send placeholders. 

Just now, Captainant said:

Lulz twitter has finally had enough fucking around

Jesus, do they realize what they've just done?  Tonight, when the rioting gets turned up to 11...people will call on him---AS THEY DID TODAY---to tweet to his supporters to stand down.  But he won't be able to, giving him perfect coverage for what they do next.  Good Lord, it's impossible y'all are this stupid.

Just now, Lobo said:

Jesus, do they realize what they've just done?  Tonight, when the rioting gets turned up to 11...people will call on him---AS THEY DID TODAY---to tweet to his supporters to stand down.  But he won't be able to, giving him perfect coverage for what they do next.  Good Lord, it's impossible y'all are this stupid.

It's not like POTUS has an entire news apparatus and capacity to schedule a speech to be broadcast at pretty much anytime, or anything. 

Fuck twitter, the terrorists all moved to parler anyways

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

maybe he could tweet from the official potus account. they did it because instead of telling them to stand down hes inciting them

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't think anybody on Surly condoned what happened there today, but let's do the math...there have to be millions of Trump supporters who condoned what happened today.  For every one that stormed the Capitol, there had to be 10 or 100 folks at home seeing them as their surrogates.  Sorry, but just the way insurrections work.  You don't actually send everybody.  You send placeholders. 

Right, but captaintaint was asking about white Trump supporters here on Surly. 

Just now, Michael Knight said:

maybe he could tweet from offical potus account. they did it because instead of telling them to stand down hes inciting them

I know he's inciting them.  But there were multiple calls from sitting GOP Reps, Senators, former Presidents, and a host of media personalities telling him to tweet to them to stand down.  If he no longer has that ability tonight, that's plausible deniability to let them run amok.  People will demand leadership from him tomorrow but he'll have easy coverage, "I was shut out of Twitter, so I couldn't tell them to stop their midnight mayhem."  Twitter just gave him the easiest out in history.  It's not like they're all bringing TV's with CNN out with them to Riots Part II.  

Just now, Hate said:

Right, but captaintaint was asking about white Trump supporters here on Surly. 

I didn't say here on surly, I was reflecting on how the police seem to have remembered their use of force training now that their opposition is white trump supporters. Y'all were very excited to see curfew call during the BLM riots, just disappointed that force has not been used uniformly and to the standard set (and thoroughly documented) in June.

I wonder what the difference is for the police this time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Remarkable how all of these WHITE TRUMP rioters haven't faced a lick of repercussions for violating the curfew after trespassing a federal property. Most of the folks who've been negging me in this thread were VERY enthusiastic about boots on black necks during the BLM protests and riots. It's surprising to see them cool so much on property damage after assaulting the Capitol, last time we were clocking a few pages an hour. 

.... I wonder what's different this time.... 

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I didn't say here on surly, I was reflecting on how the police seem to have remembered their use of force training now that their opposition is white trump supporters. Y'all were very excited to see curfew call during the BLM riots, just disappointed that force has not been used uniformly and to the standard set (and thoroughly documented) in June.

So were the police clocking a few pages per hour on Surly during the riots this summer? 

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Bullshit

Most of the folks who've been negging me in this thread were VERY enthusiastic about boots on black necks during the BLM protests and riots. It's surprising to see them cool so much on property damage after assaulting the Capitol, last time we were clocking a few pages an hour. "

• Hook 'Em 1

Tragedy is reserved for heroes?  If my mother was shot today I assure you it would be a tragedy. That our capitol building was stormed, regardless of the reason or persons is tragic.  That a bystander was shot by insurrectionists is tragic.   C'mon man.

Not a student of the classics, apparently.

Just in time for the second wave.  Let's fucking do this 'Murica!  

So after the vote, after people are even more riled up, after this certification is all made official, after Trump can't tweet for his supporters to stand down 'cause he's blocked, the grand strategy is to have the Senators and Congressmen file out of the Capitol under cover of darkness, one-by-one, with skeletal security to make their way back to their D.C. residences which the locations are now known to the rioting terrorists from earlier today?  And we now know the security apparatus is stretched beyond thin, we already saw it today.  So it's maybe 1 national guardsmen or DC Metro cop for every 2 Congressman?  Oh yeah, this is a can't miss strategy.  Why don't you have them come out of the capitol in alphabetical order while you're at it with a map of where they're headed?  

Where do they think is going?  It wasn't about selfies on the Senate floor.  There's a bigger game afoot.  

Lol wut??? When you make your move in a coup you go hard to the paint. Because there’s a response coming if you don’t score some points. Placeholders? Jesus.

8 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Bullshit

Reading comprehension, how does it work??

Police behavior against white trump rioters is significantly less violent than against BLM rioters. 

During the BLM riots, the denizens of DT gleefully reposted andy ngo and jack proboscis posts of BLM folks getting brutalized for trespassing and damaging property and violating curfew

Similar factors minus race, wildly different police behavior, and notably muted response here. 

I'm not singling out white trump supporters here, I'm singling out people who don't give the same level of give-a-fuck when it's people who talk like them

Edited by Captainant

14 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Reading comprehension, how does it work??

You called out that the posters on this thread for negging you and then said you were "surprised to see them cool so much on property damage after assaulting the Capitol, last time we were clocking a few pages an hour." There is no way you meant the police were "clocking a few pages a hour". 

If you want the Trumpeters to own their own words you need to own your words as well. 

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you want to know what the rioters are thinking, they are happy to tell you.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CJt7vI9H2RH/?igshid=llyjq428q9pn

Trump supporter who was refused entry to the Capitol (mace and physically barred) says: "We are storming the Capitol. This is a revolution." 

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Today wasn't a reflection of BLM - it was a follow up to an even earlier act of "protest." I don't know who that twatter is, but he forgot (or is trying to deflect from) these same types of crazies stormed the Michigan capitol before the BLM protests following exhortations to OPEN MICHIGAN?

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

Claimed leak from the White House HVAC office? (they have knowledge of the vents):

T'Boo Ted Marshall just bought an HVAC company in Texas...coincidence?...I think not.  

Wasn't the D.C. HVAC office the subject of the Olympus Has Fallen/DieHard mashup where John McClane & Gerard Butler battle the Maga idiots' efforts to put non-EPA certified coolant in a duct that could ignite Trump's hair and makeup?  But in the end, they decide that Democracy is more important?  

If you don't want to see a woman get shot, skip this.  It shows her trying to get into the Speaker's Lobby, which was a secured area, and Pence may have been in there, and people are saying it was Secret Service and not Capitol Police who shot, but there's a shit ton of law enforcement there so who knows.

About 40 seconds in or so, you can see her trying to get into the lobby.

Spoiler

Edited by atomheartbevo

Well, her family can take solace that there'll be an ice machine down the hall at Mar-a-Lago named after her.  In exchange for a $10,000 donation of course.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I know he's inciting them.  But there were multiple calls from sitting GOP Reps, Senators, former Presidents, and a host of media personalities telling him to tweet to them to stand down.  If he no longer has that ability tonight, that's plausible deniability to let them run amok.  People will demand leadership from him tomorrow but he'll have easy coverage, "I was shut out of Twitter, so I couldn't tell them to stop their midnight mayhem."  Twitter just gave him the easiest out in history.  It's not like they're all bringing TV's with CNN out with them to Riots Part II.  

Trump is forbidden from making an announcement to news outlets?  

he doesn't need Twitter.  he could make a meaningful statement through the media.   He will not.

It is impossible for him, not because he is incapable, but that he is absolutely unwilling.  He is getting what he wants( but not another term)

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Trump is forbidden from making an announcement to news outlets?  

he doesn't need Twitter.  he could make a meaningful statement through the media.   He will not.

It is impossible for him.

Exactly.  If he couldn't be troubled earlier today to tweet something, he's sure as shit not gonna call together a press conference.  I mean, he gave that half-ass Rose Garden chat which went nowhere fast.  Twitter was the only viable way for him to realistically reach his crew tonight.  But that's gone now.  

Speaking of all that...where the fuck is Kayleigh tonight?  

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Exactly.  If he couldn't be troubled earlier today to tweet something, he's sure as shit not gonna call together a press conference.  I mean, he gave that half-ass Rose Garden chat which went nowhere fast.  Twitter was the only viable way for him to realistically reach his crew tonight.  But that's gone now.  

Speaking of all that...where the fuck is Kayleigh tonight?  

Earlier she was on Twitter saying Trump had authorized the National Guard. I believe the sec of defense has since confirmed that Pence authorized the Guard, not Trump. 

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Photos from today's attack on the Capitol.

merlin_182053389_5b658845-6ee5-431a-a16e

spoilering to avoid longcat

Wolverines? or landing at Normandy?

WTF are these morons thinking?

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

What makes anyone think aggy playing soldier is capable of rational thought? 

These guys make me want to believe aggy is not the lowest form of life.

Gotdam...

So your pitcher is down by 46 runs in the 9th inning?  He's the got bases loaded, is down to the current batter 3-0, he's thrown 237 pitches, appears mentally insane, and has also shouted multiple racial slurs at the myriad 'baserunners of color'.  And now the GOP bench coach is considering a mound visit?  How patriotic! 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So your pitcher is down by 46 runs in the 9th inning?  He's the got bases loaded, is down to the current batter 3-0, he's thrown 237 pitches, appears mentally insane, and has also shouted multiple racial slurs at the myriad 'baserunners of color'.  And now the GOP bench coach is considering a mound visit?  How patriotic! 

It’s quite amazing the will you have to be the color commentator of nearly every thread.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

It’s quite amazing the will you have to be the color commentator of nearly every thread.

I'm active on three threads today, but you have the hyperbolic bitchiness of a post-menopausal woman or President, your choice.  I thought my analogy to baseball and the cuntiness of Trump was decent.  Not my best work.  You're still my favorite cunt on here in more ways than one though slugger!