The US Capitol has been Breached [News]

immamac

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

They attempted to overthrow the government and start a civil war. they stormed and ransacked the capitol building, many with the intent of taking hostage (and potentially killing) members of congress.

and they were allowed to simply walk out of the building.

we are living in a simulation.

Sounds a lot like Seattle.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

I love how the people whose greatest insult is to call someone an anti-fascist are directly comparing the red hat terrorists to the civil rights movement. 

@Incredulity are you really saying that black people fighting for equal rights is equivalent to violent sedition and domestic terrorism?

Language of the unheard, my ass. Their leader - THE REASON THEY RIOTED - is the fucking president of the United States. They are plenty heard.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

But the magnetude of the event cannot be overstated. The capitol of the United States of America was breached by insurrectionists with the stated intent of disrupting the counting of EC votes. But for a few senate staffers grabbing the mahogany boxes, the EC votes would have been literally stolen by the terrorists. 

There are multiple copies

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

"What, these?  These are just my everyday zip-ties.  You know with Christmas ending, lotsa trash full of packaging and wrapping paper so I carry these around to help tie-off trash bags for more effective rubbish collection in the Georgetown area."  

More likely cock rings for the after riot party.

This wasn't anything but the dumbass coppers not having enough security to keep a mob of loons outside.  The idiots were not attempting to overthrow the government, were not armed and didn't even occupy the building.  I'm sure they were as surprised as anyone they got through.  They spent a lot of their time taking selfies and having mini tantrums.

Trump did try for a bloodless coup by trying to get key members of state and federal government to ignore the rule of law and declare him president but that didn't go anywhere.  Had the coppers had BLM-level security this would have never happened.  The hyberbole can stop now.

• Hook 'Em 9
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I'm saying this is domestic terrorism as well

https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/05/30/video-portland-protesters-smash-windows-and-set-fires-in-multnomah-county-justice-center/

and before you get a sandy in the vagina, "THIS" means

DSC8158.jpg

NOT

This

protest_portland_george_floyd-31.jpg

You're quoting an MLK speech to equivocate the civil rights movement to the red hat insurrection. Stop it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

You're quoting an MLK speech to equivocate the civil rights movement to the red hat insurrection. Stop it. 

It was used all summer by numerous sources to explain away literal acts of terror.  So no, I am not equivocating the civil rights movement to the LARP'ing yesterday.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

This wasn't anything but the dumbass coppers not having enough security to keep a mob of loons outside.  The idiots were not attempting to overthrow the government, were not armed and didn't even occupy the building.  I'm sure they were as surprised as anyone they got through.  They spent a lot of their time taking selfies and having mini tantrums.

Trump did try for a bloodless coup by trying to get key members of state and federal government to ignore the rule of law and declare him president but that didn't go anywhere.  Had the coppers had BLM-level security this would have never happened.  The hyberbole can stop now.

they spent weeks and months saying their intent was to stop the peaceful transfer of power of the Presidency. it was their stated mission. to #StopTheSteal by whatever means were necessary.

don't downplay what happened yesterday. it was one of the darkest days in american history. it just happened to be perpetrated by folks aligned with the majority of posters on this sub-forum. thus, how eerily quiet it is, absent some pretty fucking awkward jokes.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Restinmybones said:

BOTH at least partly orchestrated by our oligarchs,

The oligarchs prefer the population divided, yes they contribute/manufacture the division, and have broken our political system via every corrupt practice imaginable but the last thing they want is an unstable situation that  could threaten their property/wealth/power.  They were uncomfortable during the BLM protests and they’re uncomfortable with what happened yesterday because they see situations that can rapidly spiral out of their control.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The oligarchs prefer the population divided, yes they contribute/manufacture the division, and have broken our political system via every corrupt practice imaginable but the last thing they want is an unstable situation that  could threaten their property/wealth.  They were uncomfortable during the BLM protests and they’re uncomfortable with what happened yesterday because they see situations that can rapidly spiral out of their control.  

Sometimes the dogs you unleash turn around and bite you.  

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Am I wrong that she shouldn't have called it a summer of love? Rule of Law should have been followed all year long. This isn't a one sided issue. This is the decade of government failure.

I agree. Be consistent in calling out ALL of the violence. BLM. Right Wing. All of it. It's wrong and will be the undoing of our nation.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I agree. Be consistent in calling out ALL of the violence. BLM. Right Wing. All of it. It's wrong and will be the undoing of our nation.

this thread is 60+ pages if it were black people storming the capitol. and yet..it's damn near silent.

oh, and undoing of a nation? that's fucking rich, man. the very core of this nation is the fundamental right for the people to elect its officials and for those officials to execute a peaceful transfer of power. yesterday's actions were very much intended to undo this nation. that was the stated goal.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

They attempted to overthrow the government and start a civil war. they stormed and ransacked the capitol building, many with the intent of taking hostage (and potentially killing) members of congress.

and they were allowed to simply walk out of the building.

we are living in a simulation.

I ransacked your mom last night, then simply walked out

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Thuggery isn't blue or red.  Or MAGA, Proud Boys, Antifa or BLM.  If you go around choosing to mindlessly destroy property and / or livelihoods because it's the flavor of that day then you're a piece of shit, period.  It's just wrong.    

I hope those animals yesterday get real familiar with a cage in Leavenworth, for many years.   

100% agree with this.

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

So after all the demands, from members of both parties in both houses, that Trump must be removed immediately, of the grave threat to democracy, the House and Senate just punted and went home.  Seems like a lot of 'leadership' would rather just posture and demagogue than take actual action to solve urgent problems.

tenor.png

(maybe)

Very convenient of y'all to dismiss the seditious insurrection that was carried out at the command of the president, both sides are not equal here.

One movement sought to deprive 150 million Americans of their right to vote for president, and the other was tired of watching police murder black people with impunity and sovereign immunity. 

Legally the difference is significant, and practically it is as well. Broken windows, property damage, and CHAZ aren't even remotely in the same zip code as storming the capitol and planning a violent kidnapping of a sitting governor. 

• Hook 'Em 9

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

i think most of the police there did their job to the best of their abilities. i also think some were sympathetic to the cause of the rioters there to violently stop the lawful transfer of executive power. but there will most certainly be an investigation into the preparations for this 'protest' organized by white supremacists (again, whose stated mission was to violently stop the lawful transfer of executive power) and someone will have to explain why the seat of power of the most powerful country on earth was so easily invaded.

here's a hint: because a very powerful person wanted it invaded. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Quit giving that capitol police conspiracy bullshit play. That is just like the q anon bullshit. There will be an investigation in the response. People will be held accountable. Let our government do it’s job

FWIW Speaker of the House just demanded the resignation of the chief of the capitol police. And the concern is larger than just the response. It was not a secret that there were going to be thousands of angry red hats demanding congress to "STOP THE STEAL!!!!!" It's unthinkable that they protected the capitol and center of our democracy with a skeleton crew when it was clearly telegraphed what was going to occur.

Seems like fuckery to me man. Combined with the videos and photography of capitol police opening barricades for the terrorists, taking selfies with them, and even literally holding their fucking hands as they walked down the capitol steps to leave. That's not just "the police were overrun".

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Quit giving that capitol police conspiracy bullshit play. That is just like the q anon bullshit. There will be an investigation in the response. People will be held accountable. Let our government do it’s job

This. Throw them all in jail and let them get their day in court. All the conspiracy shit is annoying. 

2 hours ago, Hanrahan said:

Don't be fucking obtuse. No, I don't think that there was some well-orchestrated plan to overthrow the government or execute politicians. These people are too stupid for that. But how many of them talk and post daily about violence and death coming to certain politicians? Some absolutely entered with violent intent. What if they had gotten to a few of their least favorite Senators before they had been evacuated? You don't think there's a damn good chance that mob mentality would have won out? Or would they have sat down for a civil discussion?

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hanrahan said:

Fucking lying sack of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Don't be fucking obtuse. No, I don't think that there was some well-orchestrated plan to overthrow the government or execute politicians. These people are too stupid for that. But how many of them talk and post daily about violence and death coming certain politicians? Some certainly entered with violent intent. What if they had gotten to a few of their least favorite Senators before they had been evacuated? You don't think there's a damn good chance that mob mentality would have won out? Or would they have sat down for a civil discussion?

Too bad they didn’t have the panache of the Columbia U. protesters in 1968 when they occupied the school president’s office..

220C4056-AA62-4A0C-B19D-AB1AD6620D6B.jpeg

20 hours ago, Captainant said:

Police behavior against white trump rioters is significantly less violent than against BLM rioters. 

I see this sentiment popping up everywhere. The police shot and killed one of the protestors at the Capitol yesterday. A white female Trump supporter. That's pretty fucking significant force. Across all the racial justice protests in 2020, I can't recall one person being shot and killed by the police. There was that guy in Oregon who shot and killed one of the proud boys who the police later shot and killed, but that wasn't at a protest. Were there any others (legitimate question)? I'd take pepper spray over a bullet every day.

• Hook 'Em 2