The US Capitol has been Breached [News]

immamac

21 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

i'll help you. the POTUS has done everything within his power (and outside of it) to subvert our democracy. this week, his 'patriots' stormed the capitol building, with his encouragement and blessing, with one goal: to stop the process of transferring power in the executive branch. again, they tried to destroy the foundation of our democracy, and in doing so people died. 

because of this blatant act of treason, the house is once again forced to try and save this republic from a completely unhinged lunatic criminal. and yet, despite all of the above, when they are forced to uphold their constitutional duty and try and save this country from said unhinged lunatic criminal you call THEM a Banana Republic.

you are completely insane.

Good post, but you left off the second goal which is important to note: to capture and murder the Vice President and other members of Congress whom they see as traitors.

I agree with impeachment even though it won't accomplish anything since he'll already be out of office, but I'd be even happier not impeaching if I knew for sure he was going to be arrested, convicted, and jailed swiftly once he's out of power.  

• Hook 'Em 3

I think we're being very insensitive to many Texans right now.  A lot of functionally retarded men on this site are upset by the posts of late and we should care more abotu their feelings.  Some grown men have guns yet cannot take responsibility for their own lives.  

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

The way the crowd tortured that police officer as he was crushed.  Terrorists.  

You have that and some other similar scenes, and the others where they're just waving them in and by.

Is it dependent on the location within the building?  Some cops co-opted or compromised and some not?

Whole thing is so fucking confusing.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Undersirable Carpetbagger said:

I watched footage of this "violent riot" and it seems really tame compared to the "peaceful protests" for Saint George Floyd.

I am gonna need to understand your comparison between legitimate crimes against our state (this is not up for debate) and exercising your right to peaceful protest.

Or are you comparing your comparing legitimate crimes against our state (again not up for debate) with the looting and rioting that happened far away from any government buildings. 

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

I think we're being very insensitive to many Texans right now.  A lot of functionally retarded men on this site are upset by the posts of late and we should care more abotu their feelings.  Some grown men have guns yet cannot take responsibility for their own lives.  

Apparently people who like to say facts don’t care about your feelings really get their feelings hurt when presented with facts

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

did some posts in this thread/page disappear? 

It sure looks like they did.  

I'm mostly not surprised since the posts were mostly political, but I'm somewhat surprised since this entire thread is mostly political.  

I waited until page 10 of non stop political commentary to insert my commentary.  I thought that would be enough to not raise eyebrows or piss the regulars off.

I don't know or really care. I would love to hear the excuse for why any posts on this page were deleted compared to the first 9 pages of this thread.

Edited by Tom

There was actually an EO signed by trump earlier this summer to prosecute offenders to the fullest extent permitted under federal law for "the willful injury of federal property"
They all fucked around, and they all should find out. Hoist them by their orange leader's petard.

That EO is mostly Trump speak diarrhea with little or no substance. He says that Fed statutes should be used bigly, OK, because Eagle Flag Patriot Bible and leftists & Marxists bad.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom said:

It sure looks like they did.  

I'm mostly not surprised since the posts were mostly political, but I'm somewhat surprised since this entire thread is mostly political.  

I waited until page 10 of non stop political commentary to insert my commentary.  I thought that would be enough to not raise eyebrows or piss the regulars off.

I don't know or really care. I would love to hear the excuse for why any posts on this page were deleted compared to the first 9 pages of this thread.

this thread is solely devoted to...checks notes...NEWS about a violent insurrection led by...checks notes again...the President of the United States.

leave your political commentary out of it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So if the leading excuse is they didn't know it would be happening.... I wonder why that could be the case?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/months-ahead-capitol-riot-dhs-threat-assessment-group/story?id=75155673&cid=clicksource_4380645_8_three_posts_card_hed

In the months leading up to Wednesday's deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, the Trump administration gutted a key federal agency responsible for funneling intelligence and threat assessments to law enforcement partners across the country, two federal officials with direct knowledge told ABC News.

As a result, officials said, the information vacuum left behind may have deprived law enforcement in Washington, D.C., of a key avenue for actionable warnings that could have helped officers prepare for the inbound threat posed by right-wing extremists who gathered on the National Mall on Wednesday.

"Prior to Jan. 6, there were mountains of pre-existing intelligence that should have been collected, analyzed and disseminated to the federal, state and local authorities," one of the officials told ABC News.

One of the officials said that by Monday night, for example, Department of Homeland Security intelligence leaders had received field reports detailing that people known to law enforcement were heading to the Capitol, and that they were heading there in many cases with weapons and ropes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

A reminder this is the news thread, if you want to talk about the causes, trump's involvement or compare to blm take it to the cloakroom.

Blacklab, I have to disagree with you here man. Trump's speech in front of the whitehouse directly incited the attack on the capitol. He directed them to march to the capitol and show how strong they are (direct quote below)

After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give… The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

You're actively shaping the narrative that the sitting president of the united states DID NOT have anything to do with the attack. That's a lie. A big lie. He asked for it. He and his team paid for the rally and continued to tell their big lie there.

Honestly, it would cut down much of the rancor of this thread if we all used the same set of facts and shared the same reality. The stated intent of the rally was to encourage people to march on the capitol to STOP THE STEAL, the marchers are on audio and had a litany of interview in the months leading up to the insurrection stating their intent was to BREACH THE CAPITOL GROUNDS! Don't act like this was some thing that just happened without planning and funding and coordinated rhetoric from the white house.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

You are right, to a point.

I'm fine if they stick to facts, his speech, his words are fine. The problem is people start interjecting their opinions with it and it turns into a mud slinging shit fest.

I'm trying to keep this thread clean but there's a large grey area.

Your posts above are great, that's what I want to be reading and seeing, we don't need to compare this to blm or go full cheeto man bad here please

• Hook 'Em 3

You're actively shaping the narrative that the sitting president of the united states DID NOT have anything to do with the attack. That's a lie. A big lie. He asked for it. He and his team paid for the rally and continued to tell their big lie there.
Honestly, it would cut down much of the rancor of this thread if we all used the same set of facts and shared the same reality. The stated intent of the rally was to encourage people to march on the capitol to STOP THE STEAL, the marchers are on audio and had a litany of interview in the months leading up to the insurrection stating their intent was to BREACH THE CAPITOL GROUNDS! Don't act like this was some thing that just happened without planning and funding and coordinated rhetoric from the white house.

I agree, but there should be a short leash,like every Judge in every Law and Order episode says.

You are right, to a point.
I'm fine if they stick to facts, his speech, his words are fine.
Your posts above are great, that's what I want to be reading and seeing, we don't need to compare this to blm or go full cheeto man bad here please

I, for one, hear and obey OptimusLab

But it is hard to limit the discussion to how many ships, and was it torpedo or bombs - and not blurt out the occasional “Fuck Yamamoto!” after an attack that was orchestrated.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/7/2021 at 4:06 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

I see you only have 255 posts. I'll let you in on a little secret. Captain Cunt is a moron who isn't worth trying to have an honest discussion with. 

The same can be applied to the entire Cloak Room cabal. I stupidly went in there to comment on the deplatforming of Parler saying it wasn’t a good move. Despite not voting for Trump in either 2016 or 2020, I got negged for no reason. Pathetic group. Especially wildcat and brisket. Pathetic to see what  briskettexan has become. Remember when he used to be a good poster.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I’ve been around since 2009 and I’m having a hard time remembering this.

He used to have a sense of humor and had good posts about bbq back when he first posted. Dude is in a very dark place and has become a total prick. Can’t even have a debate with him now. He and his friends in the CR can jerk each other off and smell their own farts. It’s the ultimate safe space but it’s not enough for guys like Captaincunt who want to spew their bullshit in the DT.

• Fuck You 2

22 hours ago, immamac said:

I am gonna need to understand your comparison between legitimate crimes against our state (this is not up for debate) and exercising your right to peaceful protest.

Or are you comparing your comparing legitimate crimes against our state (again not up for debate) with the looting and rioting that happened far away from any government buildings. 

What an extraordinary assertion.

https://www.startribune.com/authorities-seek-help-identifying-arson-suspects-during-george-floyd-protests/571142882/

A charter school and a police precinct were torched during the George Floyd protests. Your statement that “the looting and rioting that happened far away from any government buildings” is false. Unless it’s your position that government buildings outside Washington, DC don’t qualify as real government buildings. 

Aren't you a moderator? I know we're supposed to keep the conversation on point, but is it okay to point out when a moderator spreads disinformation?

Edited by Bruno Sardine
font
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah good try, but my post was clearly talking about equivalent behavior no one is saying any violence against government buildings is good, acceptable, shouldn't be punished. 

What I'm saying is fucking assaulting the joint sessions of congress in the building that houses them is pretty unique and extreme and there is literally no comparison out there to what happened on Wednesday. Literally in the history of the United States there is nothing even close. 

Your post clearly implied that rioting and looting directed against government buildings did not occur during the George Floyd protests. Own it. 

• Fuck You 1

Yeah good try, but my post was clearly talking about equivalent behavior no one is saying any violence against government buildings is good, acceptable, shouldn't be punished. 
What I'm saying is fucking assaulting the joint sessions of congress in the building that houses them is pretty unique and extreme and there is literally no comparison out there to what happened on Wednesday. Literally in the history of the United States there is nothing even close. 

I’m fatigued with false equivalencies meant to either muddy the discourse or meant sincerely by people with addled minds. Dont have time for that shit.

We are in the ER and have a patient come in with a stab wound to the kidney. The dude with the kidney stone is gonna have to wait. They’re both painful and impact the kidney, but one is life threatening. And, maybe somebody planted some bombs in the hospital. Dont know yet.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

I’m fatigued with false equivalencies meant to either muddy the discourse or meant sincerely by people with addled minds. Dont have time for that shit.

We are in the ER and have a patient come in with a stab wound to the kidney. The dude with the kidney stone is gonna have to wait. They’re both painful and impact the kidney, but one is life threatening. And, maybe somebody planted some bombs in the hospital. Dont know yet.

I’m intrigued by people who are rightfully horrified by a terrible, tragic, and inexcusable event who decide the truth should become secondary in their justified and mostly cogent expression of outrage. You want things to get better, right? I do too. I think, in times of crisis, it is especially important to be truthful. Your suspicion of my motives for daring to point out that a demonstrably false statement was made is palpable. Yes, I must be on the bad guys’ side. Or my mind is addled. But I think your mind is addled. The truth certainly matters. When you distort the truth to emphasize a point, you undermine your cause. I bothered to point it out because the person is a moderator. Seemed relevant. 

• Like 1

They weren't going to overthrow the fucking government. JFC

Well...in that case then I guess we should just give them a stern talking to and then send them on their way. What’s incredible in all of this (and particularly annoying by the “yeah but what about...BLM/other protests” crowd) is we are talking about US citizens forcefully invading the US Capitol. I can’t believe there are fellow citizens (and especially so called Republicans who would otherwise argue for law and order, actions and consequences, crime and punishment) who seemingly want to sweep this under the rug: “Oh...it isn’t that big of a deal! The weren’t going to overthrow the government. JFC”

WTF
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

They were trying to prevent the certification of an election, and quite a few were literally organized to kidnap, then execute everyone in the line of succession between Trump and Pompeo. 
Just because they were dumb and the coup  failed doesn’t make it not an attempted coup.

I understand what you are saying, but I think its hyperbole to think that these 20k fuck ups would have accomplished anything besides destruction of property and embarrassing themselves and their families in front of millions 

• Hook 'Em 2