Senate confirmation of Biden's nominees

Mrs Whiggins

Senate votes to limit debate for Mayoraks 55-42.  Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Portman, Sullivan and Capito vote yes.

Mayorkas will probably get confirmed with 55-60, just based on their attempt to stall him. 

Mayorkas (DHS) and Mayor Pete (Transportation) Senate confirmation votes tomorrow.

McDonough (VA) on Tuesday and Raimondo (Commerce) on Wednesday have committee votes scheduled and could be confirmed late this week or early next week.

Vilsack (Ag) gets his first hearing tomorrow. Cardona (Education) and Regan (EPA) get their first hearings on Wednesday.  Walsh (Labor) gets his first hearing on Thursday. 

TBD - Haaland (Interior) and Garland (AG).  I truly don't think Garland will get even a hearing until the organization resolution passes and Durbin takes the gavel on Senate Judiciary. 

Just now, Bateshorn said:

Well, we got 2 inches of snow, so the whole city if fubar right now, and there maybe flsor delays. 

Think that is what pushed Mayorkas to tomorrow.  He was supposed to be today. 

84-13 for Pete - he is confirmed.

No votes: Hawley (duh), Blackburn, Rubio (jealous queen), Tim Scott, Shelby, Cassidy, Marshall, Rick Scott, Tuberville, Cruz (asswad), Cotton, Hagerty, Lankford

The Mayorkas vote later looks contentious af.  I think that will be 50 (+Harris) to 55 yes votes only. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

84-13 for Pete - he is confirmed.

No votes: Hawley (duh), Blackburn, Rubio (jealous queen), Tim Scott, Shelby, Cassidy, Marshall, Rick Scott, Tuberville, Cruz (asswad), Cotton, Hagerty, Lankford

The Mayorkas vote later looks contentious af.  I think that will be 50 (+Harris) to 55 yes votes only. 

LMAO @jealous queen.

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What’s their deal with Mayorkas?

Also why do radical Republicans control when Garland comes up for a vote?

For Mayorkas, it's because of the WALL and DACA.  Also "ethics issue" with the EB-5 program back in 2015.   Spare me the theatrics on "ethics" 

As for Garland, until the organizing resolution passes, Graham isn't giving up the gavel for Judiciary.  Dems want a one day hearing, before the trial.  Graham wants a 2 day hearing. 

Edited by Js1

56-43 for Mayorkas.  Consider me surprised it got above 55. Republican yes votes: Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Portman, Sullivan and Capito. 

Mayorkas and Tanden will probably be the two closest votes.

(Would have been 57 but Mark Warner is in quarantine) 

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

For Mayorkas, it's because of the WALL and DACA.  Also "ethics issue" with the EB-5 program back in 2015.   Spare me the theatrics on "ethics" 

As for Garland, until the organizing resolution passes, Graham isn't giving up the gavel for Judiciary.  Dems want a one day hearing, before the trial.  Graham wants a 2 day hearing. 

giphy.gif

Jesus Christ, finally.  Schumer announces the deal has been reached on the organization resolution.  It will pass today.  

Confirmed: Blinken (State), Yellen (Treasury), Austin (Defense), Mayorkas (DHS), Mayor Pete (Transportation)

Cleared committee, waiting for Senate vote: McDonough (VA), Vilsack (Agriculture)

Committee vote scheduled:  Raimondo (Commerce), Fudge (HUD), Granholm (Energy)

Committee hearing scheduled: Walsh (Labor), Cardona (Education)

TBD but should start movement after the organizing resolution passes: Garland (AG), Haaland (Interior), Becerra (HHS)

At this point in time:

Obama 2009: 11 confirmations
Trump 2017: 4 confirmations
Biden 2021: 5 confirmations

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Garland should stand up during his hearing and point at each Republican while shouting “I’m gonna investigate your ass, and your ass, and your ass...” all down the line. 

Garland, in his hearing:

*points to Josh Hawley* "I'm coming for you first, you no good piece of shit. I spend my afternoons throwing darts at that picture of you giving a fist to the rioters."

*points to Ted Cruz* "You're next, and not just because of your disgusting beard, you fat wannabe Wolverine" 

*points to Lindsey Graham* "And you....you might be the worst one of them all.  I've got a dossier a mile long of all the boys you've been paying.  And that phone call you made to Georgia? Ooh boy, you're so fucked." 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Senate GOP won’t give consent for votes on nominees during the trial. Being bitches. 

Put their bitchery on full display.  Show them to be bitches.  Every fucking day.  Relentlessly.  Humiliate them.  Pants them, every....fucking....day.   Then laugh, loudly, at their micropenises.  Fuck those pieces of shit.  Show the world they are nothing but pieces of shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Put their bitchery on full display.  Show them to be bitches.  Every fucking day.  Relentlessly.  Humiliate them.  Pants them, every....fucking....day.   Then laugh, loudly, at their micropenises.  Fuck those pieces of shit.  Show the world they are nothing but pieces of shit.

Thsts great but Fox News won’t air said pantsing so no one who needs to see it will see it. 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Neera has her problems but for Joe Manchin to vote for people like Jeff Sessions and Rich Grenell but hold a woman up to a higher standard of decency or whatever bullshittery he’s on about is fucking rich.

100% bullshit of him. 

Edited by Js1

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

There is not a facet of any of this in which Neera is good, so whatever. She's awful politically and socially and in every conceivable aspect.

This is both Good and Cool.

You at least have to respect her commitment to posting.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Nah she can do way better than OMB where she is. 

Totally true, but I think keeping her in the hallway near the interview room would make sure all the other nominees are approved.

"Hell yes I voted to confirm! You think I wanted Liz or Katie Porter instead?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

There is not a facet of any of this in which Neera is good, so whatever. She's awful politically and socially and in every conceivable aspect.

This is both Good and Cool.

Incorrect. Neera is a true poster and that should earn your respect. Only a true poster would constantly shitpost and go after members of their own party at 2:00 in the morning and then not delete the posts. She’s like an honorable Japanese soldier in WW2.

And I take back everything bad I ever said about Manchin. He fucking rules. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Incorrect. Neera is a true poster and that should earn your respect. Only a true poster would constantly shitpost and go after members of their own party at 2:00 in the morning and then not delete the posts. She’s like an honorable Japanese soldier in WW2.

And I take back everything bad I ever said about Manchin. He fucking rules. 

Who are we to judge someone who shit posts democrats and republicans? We do it on the daily 

14 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

She was a terrible choice, and everyone should just move on. 

Why? Is she unqualified to do the job? Does she have a history of corruption?

Is she a worse choice than, say, Jeff Sessions, William Barr, Scott Pruitt, Betsy DeVos, Rick Perry, Ryan Zinke, Tom Price, Ben Carson, or that lying, crying, whiny little bitch Brett Kavanaugh were for their appointed positions?

Or is it just because she said some mean things about Republicans? I haven’t seen what she said. Was she calling to lock them up or have them executed for treason at least? Did she call their wives and children ugly? Did she call Antifa “fine people?”

• Hook 'Em 3

She would have likely ended up embarrassing the Biden Administration at some point with a tweet, so it's probably a good thing.  Putting someone in an important position of authority who has no filter is a bad idea.  When she had to delete 1,000 tweets before her confirmation hearing, it was a rather large red flag.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

She would have likely ended up embarrassing the Biden Administration at some point with a tweet, so it's probably a good thing.  When someone has to delete 1,000 tweets before their confirmation hearing, it's a rather large red flag.

An embarrassing Tweet? Yeah, no one could survive that. I mean, we’ve never seen anything like that before. That would be unprecedented.

The Republicans wouldn’t give one flying fuck if it was one of them regardless of what she said. ‘This is a time to look forward, not backward.’ ‘She admits that 9/11 totally happened.’

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1