Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/21 at 05:00 AM

8 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

@RCRanger03 Know anything about $LTNC ?

ran accross it on twitter land

CEO twitter https://twitter.com/CRyanSchadel

$0.001 -> $.017 peak over last few days

Funny they popped up on my radar yesterday. If that dude spends as much time running his company as he does hyping his stock on twitter, they're gonna go places. 

thanks for linking that. I hadn't searched surly for that yet but FPVD sounds interesting. Actually has a product behind it lol. Damnit just when I felt content with my positions and wanting to step back and watch...... there's and itch to look at getting in on this too.

This isn't penny stock related buy there was discussion earlier on starting a ROTH IRA and I've got a follow up question about that.

From what I can tell, you can deposit cash up to 6k without paying tax on it, then 10% tax on anything more than that you put in.

That's the only tax. No tax on withdraw (at retirement age).

10% tax on early withdraw. No cap gain tax on early withdraw? or would that be added to it? Cap gains is per trade not fund withdraw right? Or does that just add to reg income tax compilation?

So within the IRA, when you sell a stock is there cap gains on that? The idea is no right? It just goes to your cash position and is available for more trading in the IRA account.

Is that how it works? Can't be. I've got this idea in my head of penny stocks hitting and just taking gains left and right and never owing tax on it until early withdraw rather than per trade and that seems too fucking easy. Please shut that down lol.

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

I'm not an accountant but that's my understanding of it. The flip side is that if you sell for a loss, you cannot take that loss off your taxable income.

stonks only go up bro. market wasn't open today btw 🤣

but yeah if that's actually how it works, not paying income tax on every sell is massive for trying to build up a war chest. why would you not do that if your goal is long term wealth generation using short term plays. If it's not taxed until it's pulled that's dope as hell. 

23 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

So within the IRA, when you sell a stock is there cap gains on that? The idea is no right? It just goes to your cash position and is available for more trading in the IRA account.

Is that how it works? Can't be. I've got this idea in my head of penny stocks hitting and just taking gains left and right and never owing tax on it until early withdraw rather than per trade and that seems too fucking easy. Please shut that down lol.

The only thing wrong in your analysis is the ease of penny stocks hitting left and right over an extended period of time. Otherwise, yes you've got it right and none of those gains are taxed as long as you play by the rules and don't take an unqualified early distribution.

1 minute ago, cam4mav said:

but yeah if that's actually how it works, not paying income tax on every sell is massive for trying to build up a war chest. why would you not do that if your goal is long term wealth generation using short term plays. If it's not taxed until it's pulled that's dope as hell. 

Ding ding. There's no downside to the Roth IRA in my experience except that money feels locked up and untouchable until you're eligible to withdraw it. The upside of that is the set it and forget it mode where your stock grows and grows and grows. I may have told this before but had a small Roth many years ago that was with some brokerage like Quick and Reilly that was gobbled up by Bank of America (Merrill Lynch).  I had stopped contributing to it and when I bought my first house with my ex, I mistakenly thought that I had cashed it out for part of the down payment. Actually I didn't and years later I received a call from them requesting an update to my personal info and whatnot and I was like "wtf are you talking about, what Roth Ira?....." I logged in and found myself with an extra 5g I didn't know I had, so that was pretty fucking cool. What wasn't cool was looking at my old trades in that account. I'd purchased 20 shares of NFLX in 2005 at $11/share that I flippantly sold six months later  because of Blockbuster and used the money to purchase stock in retailer New York and Co. If I'd never made that one trade I would've eventually forgotten about that account, and that day when I logged on would have been the most insane surprise ever. That dinner money at Sullivan's would have been worth over 50 grand. 

Fuck New York and Co.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'd purchased 20 shares of NFLX in 2005 at $11/share that I flippantly sold six months later  because of Blockbuster That dinner money at Sullivan's would have been worth over 50 grand. 

I had a conversation with my dad about NFLX when it hit single digits in 2011 while I was in school. I had 5 grand ready to throw at it but didn't have the balls. Instead I spent that on summer classes.

I ended up not even finishing school.

ugh

• Haha 1

I have a regular IRA that I rolled over from the work retirement fund when I left Texas.  It was only 11k at the time so I dispersed around in individual stocks.  The problem is that, although I haven't contributed a nickel since, that 11k is worth substantially more- (thank you Apple and Alibaba).  

The thought of paying taxes on the future gains pisses me off, so I'd like to convert it into a Roth, but if I understand correctly, the upfront tax burden is going to be a real kick in the teeth; and one I probably can't afford.

Just venting mostly- I plan to investigate further with a pro- but if my understanding is patently wrong I'd love the correction.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thread derail: If you've never listened to it, Wondery's Business Wars: Netflix vs Blockbuster is fascinating and worth your time. Reed Hastings deserves a fuckton of credit for being a true visionary. When I bought Netflix stock in 2005, I mainly bought it because I was a customer and thought it was a really cool business idea. I'd read about some fuzzy futuristic stuff about the company but the convenience of getting a dvd in the mail without having to leave the house was cool. Plus, you were getting snail mail that wasn't junk. Win win. I never thought about the streaming capabilities or Netflix reinventing the way we watch entertainment (binging on entire series) or Netflix becoming its own production/studio giant. Everyone loves to suck Jobs dick, but Hastings is just as impressive imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

back on track

short story on each stonk

PFMS - reverse merger into SamtradeFx rumored (RC sleuth practically confirmed)

TNSP - reverse merger completed into HUMBL, waiting for ticker change and app to get released.

XMET - Bob Lazar custodianship sold to Wei Tan, experienced Chinese finance dude. No one knows what the new company will be.

FPVD - reverse merger with BigToken, waiting on ticker change, app is already out and in use for over a year with growing revenue. Intent is to add crypto paymets and wallet?

that about right?

SNVP -I got no idea

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Potential concerns for each?

PFMS - nothing official on new company, what are other concerns?

TNSP - Marketing is great, nobody knows if they will deliver the goods on the app though? Ticker change is taking too long. Is this hype from a Pump and Dump?

XMET - No clue what company will be, uncertainty with cleanup process of huge amount of illegaly issued shares (courts approved something tonight, but need to see result on paper in next 10 days?)

FPVD - I don't know enough to say what the concerns are. 

that about right?

SNVP -????

It helps to have a summary every few pages. This thread is moving fast af when there is news or market action. hard to read backwards and feel informed with the smoothbrain.

Plz fact check the hell out of me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

https://twitter.com/minercoinc

it's late and this seems like total bullshit but.....

OTC: $MINE is the worlds first public company focused on the research, and production #psilocybin mushrooms globally. #Cannabis #CBD products #Blockchain
Jamaicaminercoinc.comJoined April 2014

It's like someone made a meme stock mutant on reddit and let it lose in Jamaica.

Blockchain, Weed, Magic Mushrooms

tenor.gif?itemid=4907376

https://www.newsfilecorp.com/company/6804/Minerco-Inc

https://www.minercoinc.com/

How the fuck does this nonsense own the ticker $MINE

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a regular IRA that I rolled over from the work retirement fund when I left Texas.  It was only 11k at the time so I dispersed around in individual stocks.  The problem is that, although I haven't contributed a nickel since, that 11k is worth substantially more- (thank you Apple and Alibaba).  
The thought of paying taxes on the future gains pisses me off, so I'd like to convert it into a Roth, but if I understand correctly, the upfront tax burden is going to be a real kick in the teeth; and one I probably can't afford.
Just venting mostly- I plan to investigate further with a pro- but if my understanding is patently wrong I'd love the correction.

That’s correct. Pony up & pay the tax now on your gains & convert it to a Roth where it will grow tax free, or leave it in the regular & owe all the tax when you pull it out since that was pre-tax money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

That is basically true - however you don't have to convert the IRA to Roth all at once, you can choose how much you convert each year and manage the tax bill that way. It may take years to fully convert (if ever), but you are moving money to no future tax liability. I have a similar problem, and at my age I will never be able to convert it all to a Roth, but on the other hand at least I can trade in my rollover IRA and not have to pay current taxes so it all grows tax deferred. And one of my bucket list, lifetime goals is to pay a million $$$'s in taxes one year, because that will mean I've done something that has been very profitable.

tl:dr - take that Roth conversion one bite at a time

• Hook 'Em 1

So, is this good or bad?
Neutral and Expected, this is how a custodial finishes normally. Typically this is when we find out if there is a buyer. PFMS went almost a year post termination, had a dud merger and then possibly an awesome one now. XMET was strange in that it sold early in the process.

Could mean more filings and info on the way that could be amazing news, but when complete which could be very fast it also opens up pandora box for things like a R/S since Nevada law protects custodial from having action like that. I had hoped more information boit Wei Tian might come out before this and still may.

I pulled my .01 sell when it was running and ontinued to hold everything since we have been sheltered, but I may drop it back into into a run up Tuesday as a hedge against the unknown. Also since it's going to get tough to sell large blocks soon regardless

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

So @RCRanger03 you're saying that I prolly dun gud buying on a dip at .0095 last week?

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i bought xmet at .0069. i guess that's good?

I'm not sure how much yall invested, but unless more news comes out that counteracts it there should be a spike on Tuesday for people that were just flipping, want to take profits, or to get on free shares, but if you're willing to live your best stonk life hold on for dear life and see what happens. Could be a special one! I've held hoping so at least

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'm not sure how much yall invested, but unless more news comes out that counteracts it there should be a spike on Tuesday for people that were just flipping, want to take profits, or to get on free shares, but if you're willing to live your best stonk life hold on for dear life and see what happens. Could be a special one! I've held hoping so at least

for me, not much, just 7100 shares at aroumd $50ish total exposure. i am a small player.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I have about 54000 shares and you have my attention.

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

for me, not much, just 7100 shares at aroumd $50ish total exposure. i am a small player.

Unless you're particularly fond of that $50 then I would just hold. Sure you can flip for $100 or even say $200 on a big run Tuesday, and maybe that would be worthwhile. When I started out I flipped a bunch of positions to build capital and at time it felt like treading water. However if you're willing to lose that $50 and this is as big as the best outcomes predict then maybe you could make Grand or two. 

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I have about 54000 shares and you have my attention.

Look above and decide your risk profile. You'll might have a chance to get on free shares if you wanted to do this stress free, but every percent you take to hedge risk is a percent you give up. The 3M shares I sold to get on free shares early on for under $3k are worth $30k now, but my 7M shares that I've kept from profit taking are worth a lot more and I don't stress about holding them or seeing my account swing $20k - $50k in a day

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Unless you're particularly fond of that $50 then I would just hold. Sure you can flip for $100 or even say $200 on a big run Tuesday, and maybe that would be worthwhile. When I started out I flipped a bunch of positions to build capital and at time it felt like treading water. However if you're willing to lose that $50 and this is as big as the best outcomes predict then maybe you could make Grand or two. 

i'm on free shares in one of my positions. all i really want is to make up my gme cost of $500, but the $50 positions i took are frivolous. i'm in for the big win, if we think it's coming. 

my goal has always been to parlay some $700 play money into a three pronged investment approach, with some long term, medium term and short term flips. right now, i am happy with going medium term with my shit. 

thanks for the input. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

The 3M shares I sold to get on free shares early on for under $3k are worth $30k now, but my 7M shares that I've kept

I wonder what your wife and her boyfriend friend are going to do with all that money?

Seriously, congrats on how this has played out for you. I hope your research and gamble plays off biggly.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m sitting on about 2.3mm shares, with 400k of that in Roth.  

Happy You Good GIF

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I wonder what your wife and her boyfriend friend are going to do with all that money?

Seriously, congrats on how this has played out for you. I hope your research and gamble plays off biggly.

She's got a plant stand and a blender from yall. Once I get those pans and the fancy enamel dutch oven she's gonna kick that poolboy to the curb. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Look above and decide your risk profile. You'll might have a chance to get on free shares if you wanted to do this stress free, but every percent you take to hedge risk is a percent you give up. The 3M shares I sold to get on free shares early on for under $3k are worth $30k now, but my 7M shares that I've kept from profit taking are worth a lot more and I don't stress about holding them or seeing my account swing $20k - $50k in a day

My risk profile is STONKKKKK. I already shaved about 20% of my position off PFMS and kinda sorta lightly regret it but nobody ever went broke taking profits. PFMS is the one I'm most married to in an aggressive stonkfuckin way because it's the one I took the most significant $ dive into, albeit money I'm okay losing entirely. 

I'm curious how you see these XMET filings vs PFMS. Why is there no change in directorship on the NVSOS site with XMET but there is with PFMS?

My risk profile is STONKKKKK. I already shaved about 20% of my position off PFMS and kinda sorta lightly regret it but nobody ever went broke taking profits. PFMS is the one I'm most married to in an aggressive stonkfuckin way because it's the one I took the most significant $ dive into, albeit money I'm okay losing entirely. 

I'm curious how you see these XMET filings vs PFMS. Why is there no change in directorship on the NVSOS site with XMET but there is with PFMS?

According to the state of Nevada, David Lazar is in charge of XMET until Custodianship is Terminated, so Wei Tian can't update the NVSOS. Also he can't R/S until he gains that control.

PFMS already went through the whole process and terminated like a year ago. Was looking for a buyer, got on in November it fell through (thank God) and then got another one in January. My best guess is that Lazar has sold the ticker to Sam Goh of SamTrade and the filings just haven't hit yet. Maybe because the terms of the deal haven't completed? Unclear, I was actually expecting an 8k last week, and I think others were too which is why we sold some sell out.

I also take decent chunks out of my holdings early. I use to ride completely dirty on everything and I was stressed all the time when it was rising and when it was falling. It didn't translate into better profits either at least not for me. I'd ride things too long trying to time the top and get burned by R/S, offerings, etc. It wasn't till I just got positions free and let them do their thing that I started making real money.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

What's a reasonable guess time frame on the PFMS/Samtrade merger paperwork? Are we looking at a year or longer or do you think it's more likely to be filed in the next month?

I'm expecting that filing imminently or at least an 8k explaining that it was officially happening.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, bluto said:

RC saw your tweet, is your qutr shit show = brrn? And medh just pure pot play? Looks like it has some Texas potential but that’s gonna have to wait a couple yrs (IMO)

I got burned on brrn too.  Quture international was taken over by some Swiss asshole.  Went backwards.  The end.

I have been spending some time reading on lazar plays.  Thank God RC has done his diligence because there are about 8 others that look like shit involving lazar.  Maybe they will pop later but until they get a seal of approval I won’t touch.

i am having dts from market withdrawal.  Or maybe it’s too fucking cold.

12 hours ago, bluto said:

RC saw your tweet, is your qutr shit show = brrn? And medh just pure pot play? Looks like it has some Texas potential but that’s gonna have to wait a couple yrs (IMO)

11 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

I got burned on brrn too.  Quture international was taken over by some Swiss asshole.  Went backwards.  The end.

I have been spending some time reading on lazar plays.  Thank God RC has done his diligence because there are about 8 others that look like shit involving lazar.  Maybe they will pop later but until they get a seal of approval I won’t touch.

Yes QUTR = BRRN post 1000 to 1 R/S . Still kills me to see those remaining shares I held through the split. I had a chance to ditch them on a bounce back to what was essentially my entry and I held. There was just news that it's going to be some high society rich people fashion app...

MEDH is the last of my ill fated weed stocks. CBD coffeehouse chain LazyDaze with HQ in Austin (multiple other locations springing up across the country) is the main piece, but the CEO has a whole portfolio of pot related business that he's supposed to be bringing together under the Ticker DAZE. 

14 minutes ago, bluto said:

10-4, sorry for salting any wounds. : /

Looking forward to Tuesday, general post holiday bounce back plus... xmet, inkw getting some pump, and alpp uplist looming. Fingers crossed Innd can make another dime run.

Let’s get this week going already

No worries, I only held 400k shares at about $2.5k, which left me 400 shares post split. It does have me leary about R/S on Lazar tickers post merger so I'm watching PFMS very closely, and XMET now too. Buzz on XMET is palpable though.

Cannot wait for ALPP uplist. XMET could go to a $1 on Tuesday and ALPP would still be my #1 of the week. 

Potential XMET update. Somebody on Stocktwits figured out how to wiggle into the Chinese version of WeChat (Weixin) for Qiaoshi Holdings Group which is what I believe XMET is R/Ming into. It's been a goldmine of more recent articles than I'd been able to find before. I use Chrome's Google translate extension into simplified Chinese. 

Here is a 2020 year in review - https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzI5Nzk1NDcyNQ==&mid=2247496268&idx=1&sn=66ae1f93cef674a47d9f31f87a839202&chksm=ecaf8e86dbd80790e13a01e25b9e582efbfb75f5962dcbeef8c81aff4f882c5464b120c0ee26&scene=21#wechat_redirect

July 2020 Annual Business Model Innovation Award

On July 10-11, 2020, the 4th China Real Estate Asset Securitization and REITs Summit Forum ended successfully in Shanghai. This forum was supported by the Real Estate Finance and Housing Provident Fund and Guarantee Research Branch of China Real Estate Association, hosted by Tongda Finance, co-organized by China REITs Alliance and Asia Pacific Real Estate Association, and supported by REITs industry research strategy. The forum gathered more than 300 senior experts and scholars in the field of real estate finance, and tried to use the observer's view and participant's momentum to actively provide suggestions and suggestions, and contribute their wisdom and strength to the development of real estate asset securitization and public offering REITs. At the same time, the forum summarized the fruitful results of the past year, and honored the outstanding and innovative products of 2019-2020, institutions and individuals that made outstanding contributions and efforts. Joe Financial Holdings Group won the "Annual Business Model Innovation Award". Zhang Jiarui, chief real estate finance expert of the Joe Group Real Estate Finance Research Institute, attended and accepted the award on behalf of the Group . Wang Gang , Secretary General of China REITs Alliance , presented the award to the Joe Group. 

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzI5Nzk1NDcyNQ==&mid=2247489903&idx=1&sn=d784e64a71a7f4eef763078f9c21941b&chksm=ecac65a5dbdbecb34454917474fec5ee46cceb65076181a669dcd0abb999965193270c02dd5e&scene=21#wechat_redirect

December 2020 Best Investment Institution of the Year

■Qiao Group News丨On December 11, 2020, Zhang Jiarui, chief researcher of the Joe Group Real Estate Finance Research Institute and expert in real estate finance, represented the group at the RCREIT (REITs Research Center) and China Asset Securitization Forum (CSF), Royal Chartered The "Fifth China Real Estate Securitization Cooperation Development Summit" hosted by the Institute of Surveyors (RICS) and China Financial Frontier Forum (CFAF), and attended the 2020 Real Estate Securitization "Frontier Award" award ceremony held at the Shanghai National Convention and Exhibition Center that evening . Qiao's Group was well-respected and won the blockbuster award that night- " Best Investment Institution of the Year " award. This is the second time that Qiao Group has won this award after 2019.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzI5Nzk1NDcyNQ==&mid=2247495592&idx=1&sn=1d1a0db369fdbf4c3f9d74d9208ad58a&chksm=ecaf9362dbd81a748afeff18741c2452f3a2c022ebf1501fa656709e3784150f440c1b5dd4c6&scene=21#wechat_redirect

The interesting thing is how they keep popping up getting these awards at REIT conferences, and China just allowed REITs in 2021. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-12/china-nears-approval-of-its-first-public-reits-to-ease-debt

I knew they focused a lot of business and assets on Real Estate Financial sector, but if this is somehow going to become a REIT I'll lose my shit. Disclaimer I don't know diddly about REITs or how they operate or if it is even feasible for this to R/M into on, but I know they pay divys and that would be fine with me if it's somehow possible that is happening here. Anyways... STONKS!

Edited by RCRanger03