2021 ACL Fest - it’s back baby!

MidTexHorn

18 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Maybe that’s just wishful thinking but it’s hard to justify acl canceling with a full DKR a few miles away. 

I agree to some extent, but the University of Texas and the City of Austin are two different entities and may employ two different risk/benefit analyses.

I agree to some extent, but the University of Texas and the City of Austin are two different entities and may employ two different risk/benefit analyses.

Earlier today, CDC tweeted a reply to a question on capacity that UT would solely follow state guidelines. So, COVID FOR EVERYBODY!!!
giphy.gif

On 8/11/2021 at 10:13 AM, CooterBrown said:

That's an improvement, I guess. ACL has the most milquetoast lineups of any festival this side of Lilith Fair.

agreed it is an improvement mainly because I think I'd rather see Stevie with Fleetwood Mac.  although I missed the real chance once they kicked Buckingham out.

Duran Duran had a few decent songs in the 90's after their initial beatles like wave.  

On 8/10/2021 at 8:41 PM, 4th&Five said:

I think it would take another sports league going without fans for fests to start canceling. Maybe that’s just wishful thinking but it’s hard to justify acl canceling with a full DKR a few miles away. 

They cancelled Jazz Fest but I bet LSU and Saints games will be full capacity in a couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Definitely doing Band of Horses

image.thumb.png.e5b2e54fb48288a2f23b839ec15a0edd.png

Ok. I will admit being an old. The day when music died was Stevie.

So the “Evening with Tanya Tucker” is that a tribute band (god knows she didn’t have much back in the day) or is it her?

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

Ok. I will admit being an old. The day when music died was Stevie.

So the “Evening with Tanya Tucker” is that a tribute band (god knows she didn’t have much back in the day) or is it her?

I just looked her up. She's only 62?

• 2 weeks later...

Their legal hope was that people who opposed the vaccine would see the first part where they could just produce a negative test within a prescribed timeframe prior to "curtains up" and be fine.  Adler was fine with that, Abbott was fine with that.  Now because of a few other newsworthy bills being passed, Adler doesn't want ACL taking place unless it's 100% unvacc'd (there's a reason why Austin Kiddie Limits was barely included this year and only in the last couple weeks).  Abbott wants it to take place and has told the (2) Charlies as such...no masks, no mandates, nothing but fat lines of covid blow off port-a-potty shelves.  

This is gonna be hashed out in the public forum of insanity for a few weeks.  But C3 Presents is preparing for bring proof of one or the other and have a good time.  Otherwise, get fucked.

Adler, "If I've lost Asleep at the Wheel, I've lost the Middle Austin."  

Preliminary production staging is due to start this week, with full-scale production staging kicking into high gear next week including the requisite park closure.  

Edited by Lobo

Saw Glass Animals the other night at Moody Amphitheater and they had testing/vaccine requirements.  Now it was only for a 5k-seat auditorium but the whole process was smooth and they accepted my laminated, color copy of my vaccine card…so hoping to have a similar experience next month.   

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Saw Glass Animals the other night at Moody Amphitheater and they had testing/vaccine requirements.  Now it was only for a 5k-seat auditorium but the whole process was smooth and they accepted my laminated, color copy of my vaccine card…so hoping to have a similar experience next month.   

I used printed copies of our vaccine cards for both Moody Amphitheater and Moody Theater this past week. They don't even look at. You could flash a restaurant menu and they'd wave you through.

13 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I used printed copies of our vaccine cards for both Moody Amphitheater and Moody Theater this past week. They don't even look at. You could flash a restaurant menu and they'd wave you through.

Sadly I think it’ll be a half-assed shit show anyways.  Just like security lines at ACL every year wherein we scope out the DGAF guy/gal to be able to sneak stuff in

Couple articles recently saying the city will require a negative test regardless of vaccination status.  Been reading rumblings of this for a week now but official site still says vaccine card or test results.  

Given testing isn’t exactly easy to find last month or so, wish they’d make up their damn mind so we can plan…I may book tests for my wife and I now for the Wednesday before, just to be sure.  

3 hours ago, Homercles said:

Couple articles recently saying the city will require a negative test regardless of vaccination status.  Been reading rumblings of this for a week now but official site still says vaccine card or test results.  

Given testing isn’t exactly easy to find last month or so, wish they’d make up their damn mind so we can plan…I may book tests for my wife and I now for the Wednesday before, just to be sure.  

Head of Austin Public Health doc said, as of Friday, vaccine cards are still fine.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/will-you-need-to-be-covid-19-tested-to-get-into-acl-heres-what-we-know/

There's no logistical way to have that many people get tests within 72 hours.  If they try, it will fail spectacularly.

5 minutes ago, Borachio said:

Has anyone NOT received their wristbands yet?  When should I start getting concerned?

I’m going weekend 2 and it says they will be delivered on Thursday. So if you haven’t already received at least a shipping notice, I would contact them. Especially since customer service everywhere is slower due to shortages. May take them a bit longer than usual to sort things out

• Hook 'Em 1