Texas Football Roster 2022 -- "Welcome To The Party Pal"

LTtxfan

19 hours ago, Hornlover said:

If you want to just go 8-4 every year like A&M, then load up on one year portal rentals. Otherwise, the prudent thing to do is load up on freshmen and build for the long haul. 

You need to be doing both. This shit isn’t hard to understand. 

Does A&M even hit the portal that hard? 

Edited by Revolution512

Just now, Revolution512 said:

You need to be doing both. This shit isn’t hard to understand 

Amen, brother. And how did we manage to fuck up the Ouch!-wan Mathis deal? Was it due to: (1) a myopic, offensive(only)-minded HC? (2) a miserable 2021 season, where we went 5-7, had the worst defense in program history, and lost to Kansas? (Oh, wait--Nebraska went 3-9, finishing up with 6 straight losses.) (3) The richest university in the world getting out-played in the NIL game by fucking Nebraska? (4) Our under-the-table bag-men falling down on the job? What? It's got to be something. In a vacuum, nobody wants to live in fucking sub-zero Lincoln when they could come to Austin. What the fuck happened?

24 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Whittington os talented but fragile. Of course if he left Texas he’d probably turn into some kind of iron man and never miss a game again. 

“The coaching staff has really applauded his toughness, and Jordan credits his durability to his professional bodybuilder older brother who had the young star pumping iron much younger than most.”

15 hours ago, Hermanator said:

If they don't get a handle on this shit I'm definitely going to be out. Sports aren't worth watching if they're like that. At least the corrupt as fuck NFL has a draft and contracts and people can't just leave any time they feel like it. 

fred-dalton-thompson-the-hunt-for-red-oc

"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it." 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

Amen, brother. And how did we manage to fuck up the Ouch!-wan Mathis deal? Was it due to: (1) a myopic, offensive(only)-minded HC? (2) a miserable 2021 season, where we went 5-7, had the worst defense in program history, and lost to Kansas? (Oh, wait--Nebraska went 3-9, finishing up with 6 straight losses.) (3) The richest university in the world getting out-played in the NIL game by fucking Nebraska? (4) Our under-the-table bag-men falling down on the job? What? It's got to be something. In a vacuum, nobody wants to live in fucking sub-zero Lincoln when they could come to Austin. What the fuck happened?

Nebraska told him he could put his hand in the dirt, pin his ears back, and rush the quarterback every play as a true edge rusher. And then they told him that if he went to Texas, he'd just stand up and engage the OL - while the LBs attempted to guess the right gap and try to make a play. He "noped" right out of that bullshit.

1 hour ago, Nope said:

“The coaching staff has really applauded his toughness, and Jordan credits his durability to his professional bodybuilder older brother who had the young star pumping iron much younger than most.”

I’ve said multiple times (not that makes a shit) that the body building he did is what made him stuff. Body building is not at all functional fitness. He needed some yoga in his life to work on better limberness. 
So frustrating as a fan as he’s a Spring game/practice star that you cannot count on making it through half a season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I’ve said multiple times (not that makes a shit) that the body building he did is what made him stuff. Body building is not at all functional fitness. He needed some yoga in his life to work on better limberness. 
So frustrating as a fan as he’s a Spring game/practice star that you cannot count on making it through half a season. 

What does a broken collarbone have to do with stiffness? 

Just now, Eggo said:

What does a broken collarbone have to do with stiffness? 

He’s been injured every year he’s played. He’s habitually sidelined. I believe it’s because his brother has musclebound him to point where he’ll always get something going on. I just don’t see him making it through a season (would love him to as he’s got talent). He reminds me of Kirk Johnson (all muscles and always hurt)

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

He’s been injured every year he’s played. He’s habitually sidelined. I believe it’s because his brother has musclebound him to point where he’ll always get something going on. I just don’t see him making it through a season (would love him to as he’s got talent). He reminds me of Kirk Johnson (all muscles and always hurt)

I read your first post and understood the point you were trying to make, but I'm asking you how a person suffers a broken collarbone in a game due to too much muscle. I'm not saying your belief is wrong, but it's probably not right. 

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Nebraska told him he could put his hand in the dirt, pin his ears back, and rush the quarterback every play as a true edge rusher. And then they told him that if he went to Texas, he'd just stand up and engage the OL - while the LBs attempted to guess the right gap and try to make a play. He "noped" right out of that bullshit.

I'm not saying that what you posted didn't happen. But there has to be more to it. Why would Mathis visit Texas three times and twice right before his commitment if that same negative recruiting tactic was being employed by corn? $620K is a lot to pay and perhaps the Texas coaching staff was like "nah, we're good."

• Like 2

Since we’re discussing this now, the “muscle bound” hypothesis has been widely debunked since the 80s. Whitt may indeed be wound tight in general but that would be due to genetics.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm not saying that what you posted didn't happen. But there has to be more to it. Why would Mathis visit Texas three times and twice right before his commitment if that same negative recruiting tactic was being employed by corn? $620K is a lot to pay and perhaps the Texas coaching staff was like "nah, we're good."

The fact that his 2021 results weren't as good as 2020 is a little concerning.  Texas might just have dodged a bullet by not getting Mathis...    

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

The fact that his 2021 results weren't as good as 2020 is a little concerning.  Texas might just have dodged a bullet by not getting Mathis...    

Exactly. We are in a much better position by not having a single good edge defender on the roster. Can you imagine the trouble we would’ve been in if we knew at least one side of the DL had a competent defender? That would’ve been serious trouble.  

• Haha 5

Since we’re discussing this now, the “muscle bound” hypothesis has been widely debunked since the 80s. Whitt may indeed be wound tight in general but that would be due to genetics.

Nope, there is updated science on the types of training that enhance football performance AND prevent injury. The experts here probably can elaborate, but more of a form v function.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Nope, there is updated science on the types of training that enhance football performance AND prevent injury. The experts here probably can elaborate, but more of a form v function.

I’m just talking about the idea that certain styles of hypertrophy training increase injury risk…awaiting the experts though

Edited by Nope
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

I read your first post and understood the point you were trying to make, but I'm asking you how a person suffers a broken collarbone in a game due to too much muscle. I'm not saying your belief is wrong, but it's probably not right. 

He’s had groin, hamstring and meniscus prior. I’m referring to totality of injuries. He stands a low chance of ever playing a full season. 

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

He’s had groin, hamstring and meniscus prior. I’m referring to totality of injuries. He stands a low chance of ever playing a full season. 

I'm not arguing that J.Whitt isn't injury-prone, but your lazy take of blaming his brother for encouraging him to lift weights is silly. There's also no evidence to establish that his brother was teaching him how to body build, only that he had him in the weight room - which is a good thing for an athlete to do. Kirk Johnson, on the other hand, had plenty of youtube videos of himself spending way too much time with the curling bar for someone who played RB. These two are not the same.

15 minutes ago, Eggo said:

I'm not arguing that J.Whitt isn't injury-prone, but your lazy take of blaming his brother for encouraging him to lift weights is silly. There's also no evidence to establish that his brother was teaching him how to body build, only that he had him in the weight room - which is a good thing for an athlete to do. Kirk Johnson, on the other hand, had plenty of youtube videos of himself spending way too much time with the curling bar for someone who played RB. These two are not the same.

I think to me Whittington looks way over muscled and he’s had more games lost due to injury than he’s played. He’s on record saying he thinks his brother’s tutelage helps him avoid injury, I believe that’s false. 

I would love him to make a full season, I have zero confidence he will. 

12 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I think to me Whittington looks way over muscled and he’s had more games lost due to injury than he’s played. He’s on record saying he thinks his brother’s tutelage helps him avoid injury, I believe that’s false. 

I would love him to make a full season, I have zero confidence he will. 

I feel like I'm talking to a potato here. 

• Haha 1

Marcus is officially in portal... most recent players to portal

1. Myron Warren   DL
  2. Jaden Hullaby    LB/RB
  3. Jordon Thomas   Edge
  4. Kelvontay Dixon    WR
  5. Dajon Harrison      WR
  6. David Abiara         Edge
  7. Marcus Washington  WR

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

1. Myron Warren   DL
  3. Jordon Thomas   Edge
  4. Kelvontay Dixon    WR
  7. Marcus Washington  WR

Good luck gents 

38 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

1. Myron Warren   DL
  3. Jordon Thomas   Edge
  4. Kelvontay Dixon    WR
  7. Marcus Washington  WR

More Please GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

14 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

1. Myron Warren   DL
  3. Jordon Thomas   Edge
  4. Kelvontay Dixon    WR
  7. Marcus Washington  WR

I understand this move with Neyor here and Hall coming, but Washington is someone I'd rather have kept.

13 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I understand this move with Neyor here and Hall coming, but Washington is someone I'd rather have kept.

Washington would be a great fit at a school like K-State where blocking WRs are more highly valued.  Marcus needs more reps to have any shot to get a look in the NFL -- hopefully he already has a reservation for the 2022 season.

Jeff Howe:

Tonight at the Texas Fight Tour stop in Dallas, Steve Sarkisian confirmed Chip’s recent report regarding Isaiah Hookfin. Sark said Hookfin won’t be available for the 2022 season and he’s headed toward a medical hardship.

“It’s getting finalized for that to be the case,” he said.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Yes, transferring down* in the middle of your college career is a path that often leads to the League.

*Sorry, Corn. You are the company you keep.

Byron Vaughns says hello

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Byron Vaughns says hello

Alright let’s tap the brakes. Dude is a 225 pound defensive end who had a nice game in the Mountain West championship. I’ll be very surprised if he hears his name called in the NFL draft in 2 years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Alright let’s tap the brakes. Dude is a 225 pound defensive end who had a nice game in the Mountain West championship. I’ll be very surprised if he hears his name called in the NFL draft in 2 years. 

He’s only going to improve but that’s fair