Cyberpunk 2077

GotThatFire

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/17/2020 at 5:15 AM, bernorange said:

I wish more studios would do this rather release bug riddled garbage.

Yeah. Funny thinking back on when I was a kid, how disappointed I’d be when something got delayed. Like I remember being hyped as fuck for Goldeneye 64 and I think that got delayed for like a year or more when it was all said and done. Now I think “great, take all the time you need*.”

*but not TOO much 

35 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Is their any public info for what the usage breakdown of the Xbox 1/S/X and PS4/Pro is????

I couldn't find that level of info out there, but I did find this:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/441900/ps4-vs-xbox-one-in-the-usvgchartz-gap-chartsnovember-2019/

Roughly 58 million xbone and ps4 console sales combined since they were first released.  We can estimate that maybe 10% (feel free to adjust this estimate as you see fit) of those sales are for the latest available version.  No matter what number you estimate, the market for old gen consoles is immense.

* oh shit - just realized those figures are only for USA sales.  It doesn't account for worldwide units....

Edited by bernorange
oh shit
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Just did something I never do and pre-ordered this game b/c Amazon is currently knocking $10 off the price for doing so and I'll need something new to play by the time it releases.

Hope my janky old PS4 can keep up.

Thanks for this post, just pulled the trigger.  I'm gonna buy it anyway, might as well save $10.

Crazy that this game is less than a week from finally being released, damn near 8 years after the first teaser trailer was released (January 2013). Hell, it's been 2.5 years just since this thread was started.

I was still in my 20's, Obama was just starting his 2nd term, PS4 and XB1 hadn't come out yet.....yada yada.

Edited by Storm the Field

Initial reviews I've seen indicate that the main storyline is surprisingly short and can be completed in 15-20 hours, but that there are so many side missions and optional stuff to do that you can sink 100 hours when it's all said and done.

Also, despite all the extra delays, still sounds like it's pretty damn buggy. One review I saw basically said "may be worth waiting until a few patches are released to really dive into."

Anyone ever preordered a digital copy from Best Buy?

The only reason I did was because I had a $15 reward to use.

I am thinking about canceling it and just buying full price so I can actually play it tomorrow, since what I have seen indicates that Best Buy ain’t sending me that shit on time.

I canceled it. Supposed to get my $15 reward certificate back too, but we’ll see.

Preloading from Xbox store now.

Anyone on PC having issues with the quality of the picture? My game looks super grainy and I am getting serious FPS dips. I have tried adjust DLSS, , playing around with v-sync and removing some of the filters. No idea what else to try.

I do have the new Nvidia drivers downloaded. Some system specs. 2070 super, ryzen 3700x and 32gb of memory.

1 hour ago, Capn81 said:

Anyone on PC having issues with the quality of the picture? My game looks super grainy and I am getting serious FPS dips. I have tried adjust DLSS, , playing around with v-sync and removing some of the filters. No idea what else to try.

I do have the new Nvidia drivers downloaded. Some system specs. 2070 super, ryzen 3700x and 32gb of memory.

Lots of PC people on the twitters having issues.  People with high end rigs topping out at 22 fps.

Edited by Dr Fear

My PC is something from Microcenter I got for $1300 in April, i7-9700, 2060, 16G, pair of SSDs (one added by me).  At the time it was a hell of a deal for a prebuilt.  This game runs pretty well for me in general at 1440.  I am using Ultra settings with chromatic aberation, motion blur and film grain disabled.  Not sure how much that does for frame rate, that is mostly personal preference in pretty much all games for me.  I have some of the shadow settings turned down as well.  Specifically, cascaded shadows resolution at high just destroyed my framerate...I thought I might end up in 1080p.  Definitely set that to medium for huge gains.  Ray Tracing off, DLSS set to quality.  HDR scrgb (no idea what the difference in HDR settings are).  My monitor is Asus 4k@60Hz so I cap framerate at 60 and Vsync.  Going from 1440 to 4k is a no go for me, at least on Ultra.  I half heartedly tried to get a 3070 for this in an attempt to play in 4K but can't find one for MSRP.

I have not played much, just one prologue and got to V's apartment and walked around the city outside of it...had some big time graphics issues there.  Screen went black, but the game didn't crash, audio was fine and the game was clearly still running.  Eventually was able to get into task manager and back to the game but from there the screen was all shot to shit to the point where even tabbed out with the game running my desktop was jacked.  Quitting the game fixed it.  I have had some world glitches too like the game will tell me to tab to hack something and I do it but the hack menu doesn't come up. 

I played the Street Kid prologue and enjoyed it.  I am going to play the other two and then figure out which one to stick with.  I am generally a ranged/gun guy and I am pretty sure I will go that route...melee weapons seem pretty strong though.  The perk choices are overwhelming to start.  I went with combat regen in Body first, that seems pretty handy for any combat build.

This game looks like it is going to wreck sales figures.  1 million peak players today just on Steam.

Game running pretty well for me so far. Ryzen 2700x, 16gb RAM, RTX 2080. Been playing on Ray Tracing Medium setting. Still on my first combat mission though ( Corporate path) so I haven't really done any open world wandering around yet. 

Haven't gotten an FPS counter to work though. I bought the game on GOG and can't get this alleged overlay to work. Read about importing it to Steam but don't care enough to do that.

Edited by CurlyDumps