ConferenceRoom

New Tool Album: They really mean it this time. Maybe.

2 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

Come on, live debut of 7empest! They've been playing it during soundcheck the past 3 or 4 shows, according to reddit.

excited eric andre GIF

This is the opener. I respect the work he's putting into his music and those instruments/controllers, but the music's not for me. I'll be fine if I miss most of his set.

Scored a ticket this weekend from a buddy who had someone bail on him last second.  I've not kept up with their new stuff, but I'm sure it will be a good time.  

I thought Author & Punisher was great for what it is.  Much better sounding live than streaming.  The percussion is ridiculous.

Tool was better than at the San Antonio show.  

1 hour ago, hornfan785 said:

No 7empest, but Descending was awesome. And yeah, I think they sounded better last night than the San Antonio show.

They never sound good in the ATT Center. Not sure if it's because of the size of the arena, or the possibility that the spurs bought their audio equipment on craigslist. 

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I thought Author & Punisher was great for what it is.  Much better sounding live than streaming.  The percussion is ridiculous.

Tool was better than at the San Antonio show.  

I loved Author & Punisher. None of my friends did though. 

13 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

If he skipped the vocal distortion, it'd be much better received.  It overwhelms the music, IMO.

Edited by CooterBrown

2 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

Dallas tonight! Mushrooms will be consumed.

I'll be there, man.

4 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

You must have been one of the two headbangers by the stage. We figured you must have been friends or family of his 

Opening for Tool would be a pretty tough gig. Certainly no one is buying their ticket because of you and I’d guess the vast majority wants you to hurry up and finish.

15 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

You must have been one of the two headbangers by the stage. We figured you must have been friends or family of his 

I was the headbanger in the nosebleeds 

If he didn't like Maynard dancing like a monkey, he would have hated twenty years ago when he just stood there with the back to the crowd the whole time

Author&Punisher warming up the Atlanta crowd. Loud.

So loud.
You sure could yell.
You took a stand on every little thing
And so loud

Pretty damn good so far. Maynard is the weakest link but that’s been the case for years. Such is the fate of the lead vocalist.

Intermission time now.

Usernames ears check out

I always taken them and can never decide if it sounds better with or without them

17 hours ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I saw they debuted 7empest a couple of nights ago in Australia .

If we hurry we might catch the last couple minutes 

Badass album, been jamming it since it came out in it's entirety.

I agree with them that all their albums are best played start to finish.

Two random Tool / COVID-19 relevant thoughts.

1. Working from home, like we all are, and of course the advantage of this is using my studio audio setup to listen to music while I work. Everything sounds as good as it was recorded, but hearing "Invincible" off of Fear Inoculum in particular... how amazing the production on it is.

2. I'm making pancakes... like you do on Saturday. Having to do without eggs, because we're out, and the price of eggs has tripled, so we aren't buying any. (For those who are wondering: Yogurt. Vanilla yogurt.) As I flipped the last one, I of course had to growl out: UND KEINE EIERRRRRRRR!!!!