Armybrat

Global Entry application

Mrs. MO had an interview scheduled for the day they first closed the office, so she missed it by one day. She got an e-mail that said she would be notified when they opened back up and would be given a choice of several days from which she could pick to come in. No appointment needed.  Just let them know when she got the e-mail. First come first serve. I'm sure they'll limit the number to come each day. 

On 1/5/2020 at 8:22 AM, AustinMT said:

It can help to call.  Last year, my wife and I both finally did Global Entry (and yes, it makes a difference based on comparing getting through before we had it and after).  After my interview, got my approval e-mail almost immediately.  My wife’s didn’t come through, and we were butting up against the time we were leaving.  Took a couple of calls, but we figured out that the officer had failed to hit the “approve” tab  (or whatever it is) after the interview.  They had us call the field office, talked with him, and he fixed it immediately.

I know you are in a different stage, but the point is there is the potential for human error in this process that calling may help overcome.

Where did you call/how did you contact them? 

I renewed my GE and finally got the conditional approval and need to setup an interview.  The problem is that I added Nexus to mine (I go to Canada occasionally for work) but the nearest interview site for Nexus is in Dallas.  I don't give a crud about the Nexus part anymore and just want to have the regular GE so i can do the interview in Houston...  

I renewed mine a couple months ago after letting it expire. Interviews were running six months out in Atlanta, but I got super lucky because, after doing some homework to find out if there was any way to shortcut the wait (there doesn’t appear to be), I logged back in and a single slot had opened up a couple days out and so I jumped on it. Whole process took five minutes.

1 hour ago, Grimas said:

Where did you call/how did you contact them? 

I renewed my GE and finally got the conditional approval and need to setup an interview.  The problem is that I added Nexus to mine (I go to Canada occasionally for work) but the nearest interview site for Nexus is in Dallas.  I don't give a crud about the Nexus part anymore and just want to have the regular GE so i can do the interview in Houston...  

This was last year. We called the interview location directly (it was in San Antonio because we couldn’t get in the Austin location)

Just now, AustinMT said:

This was last year. We called the interview location directly (it was in San Antonio because we couldn’t get in the Austin location)

Thanks.  Will try that once they open back up...

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I renewed mine a couple months ago after letting it expire. Interviews were running six months out in Atlanta, but I got super lucky because, after doing some homework to find out if there was any way to shortcut the wait (there doesn’t appear to be), I logged back in and a single slot had opened up a couple days out and so I jumped on it. Whole process took five minutes.

So you have to interview again? They renewed mine without me having to reinterview.

So you have to interview again? They renewed mine without me having to reinterview.

Only because I wasn’t paying attention and let it expire. I didn’t realize it until I had a flight and didn’t get Precheck.

Just now, Buzzrock said:

Only because I wasn’t paying attention and let it expire. I didn’t realize it until I had a flight and didn’t get Precheck.

Mine was expired for over a year. It took 7 months for it to get reauthorized but no interview needed.