Jump to content
AeroHorn

Tesla

Recommended Posts

On 3/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, Cajun said:

SEC charges Tesla CEO Elon Musk with fraud

This deserves to be captioned in Always Sunny font

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah I’ll say Tesla is the only car I love like I love a good woman.

There’s a fucked off joke in there somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://ir.tesla.com/news-releases/news-release-details/tesla-q2-2019-vehicle-production-deliveries

 

Tesla Q2 2019 Vehicle Production & Deliveries

PALO ALTO, Calif., July 02, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In the second quarter, we achieved record production of 87,048 vehicles and record deliveries of approximately 95,200 vehicles. In addition, we made significant progress streamlining our global logistics and delivery operations at higher volumes, enabling cost efficiencies and improvements to our working capital position.

    Production Deliveries  
  Model S/X 14,517 17,650  
  Model 3 72,531 77,550  
  Total 87,048 95,200  

Orders generated during the quarter exceeded our deliveries, thus we are entering Q3 with an increase in our order backlog. We believe we are well positioned to continue growing total production and deliveries in Q3.

Customer vehicles in transit at the end of the quarter were over 7,400. Due to the order-to-VIN matching process we described in our Q1 2019 Shareholder Letter, which we extended to Model S and Model X in Q2 to improve process efficiency, this metric has become less relevant. As a result, we do not plan to disclose the customer vehicles in transit metric going forward.

***************

Our net income and cash flow results will be announced along with the rest of our financial performance when we announce Q2 earnings. Our delivery count should be viewed as slightly conservative, as we only count a car as delivered if it is transferred to the customer and all paperwork is correct. We count a produced but undelivered vehicle to be in transit if the related customer has placed an order or paid the full purchase price for such vehicle. Final numbers could vary by up to 0.5% or more. Tesla vehicle deliveries represent only one measure of the company’s financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles.

Forward-Looking Statements

Certain statements herein, including statements regarding expected future vehicle deliveries and production, are “forward-looking statements” that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements are based on management’s current expectations. Various important factors could cause actual results to differ materially, including the risks identified in our SEC filings. Tesla disclaims any obligation to update this information.

Edited by hornfan785

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

https://ir.tesla.com/news-releases/news-release-details/tesla-q2-2019-vehicle-production-deliveries

 

Tesla Q2 2019 Vehicle Production & Deliveries

PALO ALTO, Calif., July 02, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In the second quarter, we achieved record production of 87,048 vehicles and record deliveries of approximately 95,200 vehicles. In addition, we made significant progress streamlining our global logistics and delivery operations at higher volumes, enabling cost efficiencies and improvements to our working capital position.

    Production Deliveries  
  Model S/X 14,517 17,650  
  Model 3 72,531 77,550  
  Total 87,048 95,200  

Orders generated during the quarter exceeded our deliveries, thus we are entering Q3 with an increase in our order backlog. We believe we are well positioned to continue growing total production and deliveries in Q3.

Customer vehicles in transit at the end of the quarter were over 7,400. Due to the order-to-VIN matching process we described in our Q1 2019 Shareholder Letter, which we extended to Model S and Model X in Q2 to improve process efficiency, this metric has become less relevant. As a result, we do not plan to disclose the customer vehicles in transit metric going forward.

***************

Our net income and cash flow results will be announced along with the rest of our financial performance when we announce Q2 earnings. Our delivery count should be viewed as slightly conservative, as we only count a car as delivered if it is transferred to the customer and all paperwork is correct. We count a produced but undelivered vehicle to be in transit if the related customer has placed an order or paid the full purchase price for such vehicle. Final numbers could vary by up to 0.5% or more. Tesla vehicle deliveries represent only one measure of the company’s financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles.

Forward-Looking Statements

Certain statements herein, including statements regarding expected future vehicle deliveries and production, are “forward-looking statements” that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements are based on management’s current expectations. Various important factors could cause actual results to differ materially, including the risks identified in our SEC filings. Tesla disclaims any obligation to update this information.

Looks like solid results to me. Tesla’s are so common here in Austin; seems a pretty obvious trend here. Wish I had bought more shares sub$200...oh well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pick up unveiling tonight.  I fully expect most current pick up drivers to hate it, but will be interesting to see what Musk has dreamed up here.

https://www.teslarati.com/teslas-futuristic-supertruck-pickup-is-over-seven-years-in-the-making/

Everyone is really talking up how weird it's going to look. I'm not sure who it's going to appeal to. People that already drive trucks but are interested in electric will probably just wait for the electric F-150. People that want an electric car but don't yet drive a truck will probably just stick with Model S/X.

Then again, there's probably a reason why Musk is a billionaire and I'm not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it really is weird looking, I’d like to hear an explanation as to why. Just like the cars look like cars, the truck can look like a truck. If there’s any functionality that necessitated a design difference I want to know about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If it really is weird looking, I’d like to hear an explanation as to why. Just like the cars look like cars, the truck can look like a truck. If there’s any functionality that necessitated a design difference I want to know about it. 

Elon has always said it was just kind of something he wanted to do and wasn't actually concerned about how many they sell.  Which is weird to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Elon has always said it was just kind of something he wanted to do and wasn't actually concerned about how many they sell.  Which is weird to me.  

How long have you followed this elon musk guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

How long have you followed this elon musk guy?

Yes yes.  Maybe he'll shoot the first one into orbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elon has always said it was just kind of something he wanted to do and wasn't actually concerned about how many they sell.  Which is weird to me.  

Is he still getting most of his money from the government? If that’s the case, then no, he doesn’t care how many sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If it really is weird looking, I’d like to hear an explanation as to why. Just like the cars look like cars, the truck can look like a truck. If there’s any functionality that necessitated a design difference I want to know about it. 

It almost certainly is going to be aero-driven.  Bad aero kills range, and most trucks are horrible at it.  Poor baseline shape, "tough" design flourishes that worsens the Cd, and then a gigantic frontal area, means horrible drag performance.

Chassis has to be strong (read = heavy) for towing capacity.  More battery and beefier motor to compensate for that mass... which means even more mass.

They need to attack efficiency everywhere they can, and the easiest place to start is with the design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect the front to look like the semi, maybe with a straight line accent in front that is part of the teaser image. Regarding customers, they could be looking for business customers, where they may get good ROI while being environmentally friendly. The overlap between existing truck customers and EV enthusiasts may be low; so I don't expect it to be hot with consumers in the near future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone see the Ford Mach-E?  I kinda like it.  Will be interesting to see how their tech stacks up to Tesla.  I believe they are the first non-Tesla to have OTA updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xian said:

I have Only seen it from the side. Does it even have a bed?

Doesn't appear to.  Glass test didn't go as planned.  Pretty silly overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesla's fundamental design language is function over form and minimal to no lines, which many companies are too happy to add, with Prius Prime being an extreme example. They could have stuck to their design aesthetics by rounding out the sharp lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a fraud. That "truck" will probably never be built. 

Why sell something 2+ years before it's available? Is there even a prototype?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:


Is he still getting most of his money from the government? If that’s the case, then no, he doesn’t care how many sell.

The money comes from investors I believe.

Always the next great game changing thing just around the corner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As expected, the features are fine, and the price is reasonable too. I liked that built-in ramp. I am a geek, and won't mind driving it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zavala said:

The money comes from investors I believe.

Always the next great game changing thing just around the corner

Well he has changed the game. Not with this, but with everything else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's definitely different. I don't know. I kind of like it. As a business strategy, it seems like they could have been edgy while still appealing to the mass market for trucks. Don't see many guys driving f-150s going for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Elon's true genius (besides being born into a family who owns a Zambian emerald mine) lies in endlessly sucking up billions of our tax dollars so he can build toys for upper-middle class urban liberals.  

 

Edited by Fozzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So no visibility out the back unless the cover is up and no rear view mirrors?   I'm pretty sure by law you have to have a driverside & rearview mirror.  Perhaps they got a waiver...  or this isn't a finished proto-type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, horncyclist said:

It's definitely different. I don't know. I kind of like it. As a business strategy, it seems like they could have been edgy while still appealing to the mass market for trucks. Don't see many guys driving f-150s going for it. 

I think Elon has said that they will probably make a more realistic one later on.  This just seems like a pet project and a bit of a troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbreakable windows.

lmao

So, who wants to tighten up their skinny jeans and sit behind the driver’s door while I plink away with my HK91?

looks more like Elon “trolled” himself

Edited by Cajun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, let’s hook up some big ass trailers and do some head to headS with F150s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...